Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Were we the first!!!
  • stoney
    Free Member

When we did this ride in the evening. I wont say where at this stage but there is a slim chance that we were the first bikes donw there!. Nice view from the top………

approx 10-15 mins later from the summit….

After a crazy descent this sunset was waiting for us….

Twas a nice ride!

geoffj

Nice that – where is it?

crazy-legs

Looks like Wastwater – am I right?

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

It's Crummock Water in the bottom, the top picture shows Skiddaw from Coledale Hause. I claim my prize.

Which descent have you done, I hope you did Wandope and Whiteless Pike to get back down? Unfortunately you're not the first to ride those mountains, sorry! I grew up in that sunset in your last picture.

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

The summit you're on is Grasmoor isn't it?

stoney
    Free Member

Yes it is Grasmoor Paul, did you ever ride down from the summit? Its pretty mental!

parkedtiger
    Free Member

Stoney – we went over Hopegill Head and tried dropping off the end of Whiteside last night. Fun but I don't think I'll be trying that one again 😯 Are you riding over the weekend ?

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Whiteside I steep, I've not tried it but I would expect less than half of it to be rideable?

Which way off Grasmoor did you go, the only route down to Crummock I've done is via Wandope and Whiteless Pike, those are two briliant descents, but they can be very tricky if its windy as you get a gusty cross wind that makes it very difficult to pick your line.

Did you ride off via Lad Hows? Looks like that could have some potential, but ti's one of those that is difficult to justify, if you already know a cracking route off so I've never done it. You know what I mean, you spend an hour and a half slogging up Gasgale Gill and you don't want to risk the effort on something that might only be 50% rideable, so you go safe. Let me know what its like if you did it!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Were we the first!!!’ is closed to new replies.