Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • The Sun (has got it's mail in, hip hip hip hip hooray etc)
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

Day two and another three cages of returned mail to the News International post room, much of it containing the results of the senders evacuation of their waste product, apparently. Plus kind donations of glass items no longer wanted and thoughtfully compacted down to small, sharp bits.

So, all good then. Isn’t it.

Jamie
    Free Member

People sent broken glass back?

Erm…

D0NK

I don’t think sending glass or any other nasty stuff in the mail to potentially harm the minimum wage workers in the sun’s post room is very clever but sending them a load of junk mail is fair enough.

CountZero

Bloody glad that the worst I get on returned mail is ‘Do not send any more mail to this address, or else!’
    I can understand people’s dislike of the rag in question, but to do that to the folks who have to deal with it is well out of order.

pondo

Ooo, what’s the address, again? I’ve one unread, free and unwanted propaganda rag and any bit of tat that gets pushed through our letterbox to send to them.

crankboy
    Free Member

I sent them the free world cup thing they sent me a note at being unable to accept their kind gift and a copy of the guardian world cup thing by way of compensation . I sent to :-
    Freepost
    The Sun
    London
    E98 1AX

Noxious or dangerous substances is a no no

DezB
    Free Member

Why did you keep it this long pondo?

mudshark
    Free Member

I’ve still got mine in unread condition. Might keep it as a memento of this happening – or more likely use it to help dry wet cycling shoes next winter.

Drac

I put mine in the recycle bin, it was considerably easier than posting it and far better for Royal Mail and post room workers than me filling it with broken glass.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I wish I’d known about the Freepost – put mine straight into the recycling.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Was it an English thing, i didn’t receive a free copy of the shyte…

jambourgie
    Free Member

Put mine back in the post box. Sorry posties if it caused you more work, didn’t think at the time.

Why do posties have to deliver junk mail?

Can you send anything freepost? I know of an old safe that The Sun might want…

pondo

Thanks crankboy, it’ll be heading back tomorrow. 🙂

Why did you keep it this long pondo?

No reason, just a naturally lazy ar$e. 🙂

samjgeorge86
    Free Member

Why do posties have to deliver junk mail?

Because companies pay for the Royal Mail to deliver it. Apparently, it’s their best method of advertisement too. Personally, I can’t stand delivering them.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

I hope mine is in there. No hazards to the posties but I had left it in a rank bin for a couple of days before I remembered to send it back.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

the posties

His name’s Malcolm.

dannyh
    Free Member

There is a pretty clear line here surely?

It is fine to just send it back as that inconveniences the company and may even lead to them having to pay more out to staff in either overtime or temp costs, or perhaps if they are too tight to do that, something else won’t get done.

Anything that means that the ‘little people’ who actually have to process the mail have to deal with hazardous or just downright disgusting stuff isn’t on – this kind of thing hits so wide of the mark it is untrue.

The real issue is how to register your disapproval in such a way as it inconveniences the cynical shysters at the top. This is much more difficult as they will have spent a lot of time insulating themselves from this kind of thing. I bet no one has even bothered to mention this to the ‘top floor’.

The only legal way you can ‘hurt’ the people at the top is to hit them in the pocket – but this is very difficult. I guess for the likes of the Sun the easiest way ‘in’ is to expose some kind of malpractice or opinion that puts them at odds with the ethos of companies that pay for advertising(?)

Almost all knee-jerk responses hit those who are directly in the firing line – and that is very rarely the ‘top floor’.

This is why Leveson was/is a good thing – finally someone dragged these scumbags out of their ivory towers, put them in front of some cameras for a change and made them squirm.

Duffer
    Free Member

I did the honourable thing with mine; it went from doormat to recycling within seconds.

I’ve got nothing against The Sun in particular, I just think it’s shite. Along with most of the other tabloids.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

But Dannyh, what has Leveson actually achieved?

dannyh
    Free Member

I only said it was ‘good’.

It has achieved little other than drag people into the glare of the spotlight who would be much happier existing behind blacked out Bentley windows and trousering wads of cash at every turn.

project
    Free Member

we didnt get the sun,
    our posties said NO DELIVERIES, solidaridity like the old days.

maccruiskeen

The only legal way you can ‘hurt’ the people at the top is to hit them in the pocket – but this is very difficult

Most papers run at a loss anyway. Publishing newspapers isn’t how these people make their money, its how they spend it.

wrightyson
    Free Member

I flicked through mine. But I’m a builder…

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘The Sun (has got it's mail in, hip hip hip hip hooray etc)’ is closed to new replies.