• This topic has 31 replies, 26 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by bubs.
Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Fallen in love stray dog content…
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Came back shopping this afternoon and this beauty

was sitting in our front garden !
    No collar was very friendly, but sad looking, my neighbour came out who has a dog he got some food/water for him but the dog wasn’t interested in it.
    Wasn’t sure what to do as it’s not a dog that we had seen before ( know most of the dogs in local vicinity) called police who gave me local borough dog catcher type of person,came pretty quickly I asked what happens next to the dog they have it for 7 days if it’s not claimed it goes for rehousing with http://alldogsmatter.co.uk. I gave my details over cos if it doesn’t get claimed we want him….

I felt sad when he went in the van….we connected !

racefaceec90

i hope you get to adopt him/her.sounds like you’ll have a great friend 😀

project
    Free Member

Lovely doggie, does look disapointed his new owner wears pink socks though.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

That’s the misses sock !
    Oh and the steps should be grey but the all the rain has striped the paint away ! Job waiting to do ….

billysugger
    Free Member

Good on you.

andyl
    Free Member

It might be chipped. If not this is why all dogs should be.

Remember that someone might love him even more than you do and might be missing him right now and the best outcome is for him to be back home with them. If not then I hope you rehome him, I think there is a lot of ‘fate’ when it comes to rehoming dogs. Somehow they seem to find the right person for them.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Forgot to say the guy checked and he wasn’t chipped 🙁

JulianA
    Free Member

Hope it pans out well for you all! Lovely looking dog.

Our very own furry dog hater is sitting next to me purring right now, or we’d be on the lookout for a rescue dog as soon as circumstances allow!

chewkw
    Free Member

Take him in then go buy a lottery or two.

I bet it is about 5 to 7 years old.

All the stray dogs (3 so far) we have taken in are very good.

:mrgreen:

Ambrose

Mrs A once came home with a beagle she had found out on the mountain. Obviously a hunting dog I drove back and eventually managed to find out who owned him. It turns out that ‘Poacher’ was the blokes favorite and was destined for stud. However, being a beagle he was also very stupid and had run off from the pack, following his nose the wrong way.

Much like my beagle does 🙄

Anyway- that looks like a lovely pooch, but as andyl says, someone somewhere may well be missing him desperately, much as I used to when Willow first wandered off. Now I resign myself to the phonecall ‘hello, do you own a beagle? Can you come and get it please, it’s on my bed/ annoying my Westies/ in my yard/ playing with my kids etc etc.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

He looks to be in good health…but it’s irresponsible not to have him chipped.

nuke

Nice looking dog…like the way he has white on all his feet and tip of his tail

ononeorange

Lovely dog.

JCL
    Free Member

He picked you and you sent him away.

Shame on you 😉

footflaps

He’s very handsome!

MrsToast
    Free Member

I hope he finds a loving home, whether with the OP or somebody else. He looks like a lovely boy!

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Happy ending…

Owner claimed him this morning,dog is called Marti 15yrs old and partially blind !

Glad he found home again…

Northwind

Years back a stray turned up in the bank branch I was working in, massive angry black lab, Anyway, he caused chaos for about 10 minutes so I caught him and booted him out, but held onto him til the council catchers turned up. He was pretty skittish but calmed him down, got him to sit with me, just spent about an hour managing him and chatting to him. Not really a dog person but we got on, felt absolutely gutted when they took him off to the pound…

Anyway, end of that year, went round to a friend of a friend’s for hogmanay and as we go in they say “Oh, we’ve got a new dog, try and give him some space as he’s really nervous and unfriendly- he’s a rescue dog and doesn’t like strangers, he’s taken months to get used to us…”. At that exact moment who comes round the corner but this massive black lab, I said hello and he ran right up for a chat and a cuddle. What are the odds?

Dolcered

Great end OP 🙂
    must be a rescue out there for you somewhere……..

mikemorini
    Free Member

Our fella was chipped from a puppy, but when he went walkabout and was delivered to the local vets, by a stranger who’d found him, they couldn’t find a trace of a chip. Our vet recons they can migrate around the body sometimes and the scan needs to be very thorough to find it.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

15yrs old and partially blind !

You had a lucky escape..he was a vets bill waiting to happen!

You should go to alldogsmatter and rehome one I reckon, sounds like you’re open to the idea. 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

He’s looking good for a 15 year old 🙂

chewkw
    Free Member

Yeap thought he was looking old. His eye got cataract judging from the first pic but still looking good.

tpbiker
    Free Member

awwwwwww

plus that beagle tale I can relate to. Stupidest/best dogs about…

benp1

Kids and dogs make houses homes

You should have a look at that place and consider rehoming a dog if you really fancy one. They’re completely worth the effort

Sui
    Free Member

Kids and dogs make houses homes

I wish the missus would realise this.. maisy is staying..

andyl
    Free Member

^ bless!

I thought the dog looked in his teens.

ourmaninthenorth

Wonderful end to the story!

I grew up with dogs. We always had black labs. Over the years as an adult I got quite used to not having one – our working lifestyles wouldn’t be kind. And I often find dog owners to be a PITA.

However, my daughter was at pre-school one day and asked what picture she was painting, announced “Rusty.” “Who’s Rusty?” “My dog.”

So, now I’m thinking that maybe we should have a dog in our lives….

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

phoned a few rehoming places and they wont let you have a dog if you have children under 8 years old 🙁

Puppy ? But dont want to spend £1000s

Ideas ?

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

We got Rosie, our Border Terrier X Jack Russell for £250 inc first jabs as a pup. She is 1 year old in 3 weeks time. She is just the best. Great friend and family member.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Have you tried the local Dogs Trust?

bubs

If you live down south then Dogs in Need are more flexible about rehoming than many. They will do a house and suitability check though. We got a rescue puppy from them and we have 2 small children.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Fallen in love stray dog content…’ is closed to new replies.