Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • The Spidereye … it doesn't half sit there and look at you ….
  • fisha
    Free Member

Arrived this morning ….

As already mentioned in another thread … it just sits there … looking at you. So cute.

Its also bleeding bright ! I’ll take it out for a ride tonight and see how it goes. Well impressed so far.

wwaswas

those bricks holding your rotary washing line down could do with a clean.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

what’s the little lens under the “eyes” for?

fisha
    Free Member

The eyes create a long narrow square beam with a very sharp cut off.

The little ones create a wide flood area below that in your near distance from the bike.

sefton
    Free Member

johnny 5!

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I know it’s been designed as a helmet light but would it be completely crap attached to handlebars?

ir_bandito
    Free Member

clever…
    they do look good. How much do they cost?

alfabus
    Free Member

I can’t decide which one it looks most like:

trout
    Free Member

Muppetwrangler

I know it’s been designed as a helmet light but would it be completely crap attached to handlebars

Absolutely great as a bar light but I have not designed a bar mount for it yet .

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Absolutely great as a bar light but I have not designed a bar mount for it yet .

Slacker!

On a more serious note. Are you going to design a bar mount for it and if I were to order one soon(ish) would I be able to get the bar mount at a later date?

bruneep

Mine arrived today as well. 😀

Temp bar mount

camerone
    Free Member

Trout, whats the cost of these? full system with larger battery and charger?

amsterdan
    Free Member

trout have emailed you can you let me know asap thanks

Flashy
    Free Member

Chris, can you please check your junk mail folder. My email may be in it.
    Ta

fisha
    Free Member

Regarding the bar mounts, I was considering using a couple of the lumicycle bar clamps I have to make a couple of simple arms that stick forward that the helmet mount can then velcro to in the same way it would attach to the helmet.

That way, its an easy swap between bikes ( Roadie and CX bike have oversized and the commuter and FS have normal sized. )

As for costs … rather than trout doing blatant advertising on the forum which some frown upon, if you look at his profile there is a link to his website and all the info is there.

trout
    Free Member

Flashy
    Last email I can find from you was dated 31 jan and I think I replied .
    checked everywhere .

will have a look and see how easy it would be to do a bar mount got a few ideas floating around

jimw
    Free Member

As a temp or even more permanent measure for a handlebar mount it looks like you could bolt to one of these:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=23533

that is what I have done with my Hope vision2 (first model) which looks like it has a similar mount- if you remove the helmet mount and bolt it through the hole with a good washer on one side it holds onto one side of the ‘L’ shaped fitting on the clamp. Works very well

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

trout
    Free Member

Barmount is easy just need to tweak the mounts I used for the Liberators
    and persuade my machinist to run me a few off

so to answer muppetwranglers question yes bar mounts will be available later on

mega
    Free Member

Wow – that looks (ahem) brilliant
    We need a skull with lighty up eyes next please 😀

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

We need a skull with lighty up eyes next please

That is crying out for a custom paint job on the faceplate.

fisha
    Free Member

We need a skull with lighty up eyes next please

The lights glow in the dark after they have been on:

Max mode is stupid bright, although it gets warm pretty quickly on the desk at that mode and will auto-reduce to the mid-setting … which is more than enough to see by. Still to go out and about with it, but i think it’ll need the air-cooling of being on the bike to be able to run at max for longer periods. .

flashes
    Free Member

Chris,
    Re emailed………..
    Cheers

smudge
    Free Member

The bottom led’s need a bit of luminous paint on them too. Imagine the look of that at night switch off on a trail in the middle of no where 😯

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Not exactly the best intended set up, this is just me lashing a demo together!!!. Thanks very much to Chris/Trout for the opportunity of a demo of all his new lights. The Dominator demo was awesome (in December), but I just had to compare it to the latest Spider Eye light. All set up for our Wednesday night ride and the big test (hopefully not many trees on this test). Probably already sold on the Spider Eye if there are options to interchange it to head mount, bar mount, head torch etc. Difficult decision, the dominator is brilliant as well

trout
    Free Member

OK an apology is in order Just back in from a test ride with it on the bars and I dont like it just to many shadows in hi definition

its not floody enough for the bars imho

Awesome as a helmet light though 😯

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I don’t care how it performs – it just looks super cool.

juan
    Free Member

Seems a bit big for a helmet light, but I concur, it looks so cool.

pstokes99
    Free Member

can’t see a price for them on the website – usually an indication that I can’t afford it. Nice looking light though!

trout
    Free Member

Big No

juan
    Free Member

ohh looks much bigger on the picture above. Sorry trout.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

that guy must have a tiny helmet…

Luminous
    Free Member

ohh looks much bigger on the picture above. Sorry trout.

Yeah, I thought that, but the first picture, up top ^^ looks tiny in the hands of the OP.

I think the light looks larger in B.A.nana’s pic because the light looks to be on a longer mount, holding it further from the helmet ?.
    Also some perspective coming into play too.

I reckon it looks very small.
    Like its almost all lens.
    😉

bruneep

That is a comedy display battery 😉

Harry_the_Spider

You could do a more sinister paint job like a Mark 13 from Hardware.

sugdenr
    Free Member

TROUT – is your email address working at the moment? Only I know you’ve had issues before and I sent you a couple of emails.

Flashy
    Free Member

ditto………

iDave
    Free Member

Mr Trout, what are the Aspheric lenses on your website for? Are they to upgrade other lights with?

RustyMac

Spider eyes, on Flickr

smudge
    Free Member

lol @ Rusty

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘The Spidereye … it doesn't half sit there and look at you ….’ is closed to new replies.