Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The search for Lactose free energy drinks, shakes
  • stealfwayne

Help required please forum readers. I have a lactose intollerance so am finding it difficult to source a suitable (tasty ) energy drink, and also fuel bars. At present i stick to Taut or Lucozade sports drink with some sort fo flapjack as food, all good but no varierty. Does anyone know of a range of products that are tasty, easily sourced and yet lactose free? Many thanks to you for your answers,
    may the rubber on your tyres grip where your shoes would fail…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Home made – then you control the ingredients

TooTall
    Free Member

I know some veggies use stuff like pea protein instead of milk-based proteins – not sure on how that works but seems to be in fairly common use.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

not sepcificly lactose free stuff, but i generaly ust eat whatever i want whilst riding, be it chocolate fingers, maryland cookies, flapjack or anythig else.

And for a super fast suggar hit, tesco value/beterbuy/etc jelly cubes!

Junkyard
    Free Member

contact SIS I think there are only two or 3 of their products that are NOT suitable .. I am a vegan and they said what I could not eat as it was much shorter cant remember what though
    here

stealthcat

I think if you look on the Torq website they have a section on what you need to put together your own lactose-free recovery drink.

The Torq energy drink and bars are vegan, so it’s probably worth checking them out as well…

stealfwayne

good stuff all, many thanks. I like the sound of the Pea Protein, also the Torq and SIS web sites will be looked at.

grahamb
    Free Member

I used to be vegan & went through a similar exercise.

The Torq & Cliff bars & gels are lactose free, & taste ok.

I used the Torq vegan recovery. It seemed to work. My post ride drink was soya milk with the torq recovery powders, some of the Ecomil soy powder (get it in the local wholefoods shop), a banana & some cocoa powder whizzed up in a blender.

Some people have issues with soy so that may not work for you.

stealfwayne

Thanks Grahamb.i’ll check out those as well, esp the Ecomil soy powder, Im off to Afan this weekend so will try to source before then for my weekend in the hills.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

SIS do an organic range now, not sure if they’re lactose free or not but would be worth a phone call to find out.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘The search for Lactose free energy drinks, shakes’ is closed to new replies.