Viewing 37 posts - 41 through 77 (of 77 total)
  • The Pope is having another rant – WTF?!
  • Junkyard
    Free Member

yes we had pages of razor sharp insights like that from our very own anti-christ. He was always reasonable, respectful and never offensive or hysterical. IIRC he does not like to blow his own trumpet and modesty is almost definitely his middle name rather than supercilious smug git as some suggest.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Irony is completely lost on molgrips, as usual.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

There's no such thing as an anti-christ, because…. etc.

jahwomble
    Free Member

"Well next time you'll believe in marx teaching rather than "the market will sort himself out"

Juan……. you are my new favourite poster 🙂

jahwomble
    Free Member

Which one of you is the pope?

molgrips
    Free Member

Missed the irony? You missed it! I was addressing you not Alex222

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I'm sorry, I must have misunderstood you. What "point" was it that I missed, in your opinion?

mr_krabs
    Free Member

Mr. Woppit,
    I understand from previous posts you were part of our flock at one time and now you seem troubled and resentful of Christ's love. What happened in your life to make you feel this way?
    I pray that you will come back to us one day.
    Let us all pray for Mr. Woppit

clubber
    Free Member

You know what, I'm an atheist (well agnostic really) but I'll make up some silly prayers to one of the various 'only' gods out there to save his soul just to wind him up 😉

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I was never part of a flock, as you put it. Although the attempt was made to infect me with that particular strain of virus, I was able to see that not only had the emperor no clothes but that there was in fact, no emperor at all.

Indoctrination of the young into religious dogma (a form of child abuse) has to be completed early to be effective.

Still waiting for the mol to enlighten me as to the point that I apparently missed.

Marge
    Free Member

I'm surprised to see this news story is published in the UK but it is a very concerning situation here in Belgie.

The church were governing their own investigation into the hundreds of claims of sexual abuse from priests / church representatives & they were keeping the findings of the investigation secret to 'protect the identity of the victims'.
    It is believed by the police / CPS equivalent were trying to find victims files that were 'hidden' hence their quite extensive searching which is one of the items that particularly upset the church.

clubber
    Free Member

Indeed – as I understand it they drilled into some tombs/etc – frankly I think it sounds reasonable given the lengths that the Catholic church has been shown to be willing to go to in order to protect its image.

khani
    Free Member

Mr. Woppit,
    I understand from previous posts you were part of our flock at one time and now you seem troubled and resentful of Christ's love. What happened in your life to make you feel this way?
    I pray that you will come back to us one day.
    Let us all pray for Mr. Woppit

😆

MrWoppit
    Free Member

+1

molgrips
    Free Member

Still waiting for the mol to enlighten me as to the point that I apparently missed.

The argument on the God threads wasn't about the existence of God.

It was about the concepts behind belief systems.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Oh dear…

mol, If you read alex222's post, he says, in response to "No proof. Have we done this?": "Proof please"

I assumed that anybody reading this, in the context of the discussion, would think that he is asking for "Proof" of the existence of god, that being to do with the first part of my sentence.

However, I chose to treat his request as if he was asking for proof of the second part of my sentence, that is, the existence of a thread in which we had "done this", and use it to explain what I thought of the FIRST possible meaning, therefor making my response ironic in context.

I don't see how either of your statements: "I was addressing you not Alex222 " or "The argument on the God threads wasn't about the existence of God. It was about the concepts behind belief systems." has anything at all to do with this, but I expect you'll try and show us how they do…

molgrips
    Free Member

Christ, Woppit, take it easy!

highclimber
    Free Member

here, its not up to the non-believers to dis-prove the existence of God; it is up to the misguided to PROVE the existence of him!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

molgrips – Member
    Christ, Woppit, take it easy!

See what you did there, like it.

Stoner
    Free Member

Very drôle, Juan.
    And for once you've used politico-economic theory in the correct context.
    Top of the class
    🙂

Now back to the Woppit Sunday Worship show…

molgrips
    Free Member

Now back to the Molgrips Sunday Worship show…

What? Am I missing something again?

Stoner
    Free Member

Edited. Sorry molgrips, I don't know why but I confuse your names, not your personas though you understand!

khani
    Free Member

endless argument about the existance of god, but the argument about the churches failure to act to protect innocent abuse victims, and the popes active part of a cover up to protect the clergy involved, will damage it more than anything else
    i hope

juan
    Free Member

Very drôle, Juan.
    And for once you've used politico-economic theory in the correct context.
    Top of the class

And for once you've use correct spelling drôle 😀
    Top of the class 😉

highclimber
    Free Member

And for once you've use correct spelling drôle

[pedant]the use of another language in this instance is quite superfluous as the English word 'Droll' has almost exactly the same meaning and is also homophonic to the French word above[/pedant]

grtdkad

khani – Member
    endless argument about the existance of god, but the argument about the churches failure to act to protect innocent abuse victims, and the popes active part of a cover up to protect the clergy involved, will damage it more than anything else
    i hope

+1 Complicit to the act itself

grtdkad

highclimber – Member
    "…his visit is estimated to cost the UK taxpayer £20million"
    where's the source of that? seems rather excessive for a bloke racist in a funny hat to visit!

Was sourced from here …
    Not affected by the recession then?

He's obviously not stopping with Lenny at a Premier Inn!

CountZero

More to the point, have we proved the existence of Woppit?
    Anyway, I thought St Tony of Blair had a direct channel of communication with God, so he ought to be personally funding the trip. He can certainly afford it.

scaredypants

Im never selling anything to beelzebub666 on eBay again, that's for sure.

c'mon, I always give prompt feedback

( 👿 )

konabunny
    Free Member

He's obviously not stopping with Lenny at a Premier Inn!

I'd chip in for him to share a room with Lemmy at a Premier Inn, if that helps out.

grtdkad

It gets better! Witnesses and magistrates receive death threats …

Death threats …

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Old Jesus said "turn the other cheek", but now the church turns to death threats ? Perhaps Jesus is outmoded ?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

simonfbarnes – Member

Old Jesus said "turn the other cheek"

nope

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

nope

well I guess it is a wimpy attitude – doubtless the attributed saying is a latter day fabrication along with that "forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those that trespass against us" nonsense…

MrWoppit
    Free Member

jesus is a fabrication

ken_shields
    Free Member

binners – Member
    "Now young Jeaves, would one like to be mummy or daddy today?"

Jeaves: Can I be daddy for a change?

Binners: OK now come here and suck mummy's c0ck

(first time I heard that it was about a bloke in prison…still makes me chuckle 😆 )

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

jesus is a fabrication

oh, I see what you mean 🙂 Perhaps I should have said "Isn't Jesus believed to have said… ?"

Viewing 37 posts - 41 through 77 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘The Pope is having another rant – WTF?!’ is closed to new replies.