Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • The Most Boring Bit of a Bike
  • phiiiiil

Star nuts are even more pointless because once the stem bolts are done up they don’t do anything at all!

gazc
    Free Member

relentless fine tuning… yawn

Deveron53
    Free Member

Valve caps, on the other hand, do not. BURN THEM.

Mine have got little valve core-removing forks on top, very interesting.

allthegear
    Free Member

I used to think fork steerers were boring until…

Rachel

AndyP
    Free Member

‘until Rachel’?? I have just about got the hang of gnar, huck and ‘all mountain’ but what does Rachel mean in terms of ‘biking’? (dude)

allthegear
    Free Member

Actually it broke on a completely boring piece of trial. It could’ve been a lot worse, we were on an uplift dat at Cwmcarn.

I’m not some sort of riding goddess; just bad at spotting something that must have been degrading for some time.

I check all my steerers every few months now…

Rachel

brakes
    Free Member

looks like a weird place to crack.

crikey
    Free Member

The lump of meat on top it, by the sound of things…

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Rachel – my friends 888’s snapped in exactly the same place and I had the same stem that had lost about the same amount of the sticker.

I know some people fetishise them, but I reckon headsets are dull, just bang in an s3, nip it up and worry about it in 5 or 6 years when it gets gritty as hell.

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Definitely mechs n shifters n cables…..dull as dishwater and I hate spending money on them.

If only I was fit enough, or lived somewhere flat enough, for singlespeeding.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Rear mech Jocky wheels. Get fed up with sram ones locking up after even a little bit of mud

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

I think seat rails are boring and there’s nothing fun about working with them. Brakes are good fun though. I just finished servicing my Hope Mono M4 lever which was very satisfying and easier than I imagined it would be.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Front mechs are indeed boring, so boring that I completely forgot about them. 🙂

AndyP
    Free Member

or lived somewhere flat enough, for singlespeeding.

pulls up chair…

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘The Most Boring Bit of a Bike’ is closed to new replies.