Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • The Met Office has doomed this summer, then?
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

For the UK and much of northern Europe rainfall is likely to be near or below average. A repeat of the wet summers of 2007 and 2008 is unlikely.
    For the UK and much of Europe temperatures are likely to be above average.

Oh rats.

yossarian
    Free Member

whoop!

i like mud and water

trailmonkey

I’m happy to accept the Met Offices’ predictions. It’s the internet experts and their countless theories that I tend to steer clear of.

thepurist

Yeah, temperatures will be kept above average by the heat coming from all the feverish people with swine flu…

soobalias
    Free Member

*books glastonbury ticket*

owenfackrell
    Free Member

They were about right with the winter one when looked at in those very large definations.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I wouldnt believe the met office, I track their website info against some others that supposedly use their data to predict, in order to plan my kitesurfing (I worry about wind direction and strength, and rain to some extent) and I dont think I’ve ever yet been impressed with a met office prediction in comparison with the other sites such as xcweather and windguru. However ive never looked at long-term predictions.

macmclaren
    Free Member

where di u kitesurf CK. im over on the east coast, dundee.

Sitting at home with a recovering broken collarbone after a vicious attack from my 9m vegas. 😀

Spongebob
    Free Member
    coffeeking
    Free Member

macmclaren – originally a combination of Weston Super Mare and Ainsdale, but when I finally get back out it’ll be the Troon area, or maybe some inland lochs if I can find some without significant hill/tree boreders!

Broken collar bone – ouch! What were you trying to pull off to get that? And why is it always so much more fun to do stuff in the shallows where it hurts most when you screw it up?!

macmclaren
    Free Member

funny thing i wasnt trying anything crazy. It was a right gusty day and i took my eye off the kite to adjust a footstrap. dippped it down by mistake and wham, i was broken.

couple of weeks and ill be out again. cant wait

bigyinn
    Free Member

*sells glastonbury ticket*

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Guaranteed sunshine August 22nd/23rd of August!!!

What are you doing that weekend then? It would be great to have some kind of bike event preferably with bike jousting, a lake jump and a beer festival.

Live music would be nice as long as U2 don’t turn up.

Any suggestions?

bigyinn
    Free Member

WCA, what happens in august then (apart from my birthday on the 23rd! :mrgreen:)??

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I am not sure if you have heard, there are rumours of a mountain bike event in the New Forest…

Big Bike b…

Oh, what is it called?

http://www.bigbikebash.co.uk/

bigyinn
    Free Member

Aah. In my neck of the woods too. Cool!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Then what are you waiting for? Buy you tickets now. We need the cash to pay deposits on the showers, toilets, marquees etc

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘The Met Office has doomed this summer, then?’ is closed to new replies.