Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 89 total)
  • The McCann's
  • Zappa
    Free Member

‘Detectives from Scotland Yard have been granted permission to review the files of Portuguese investigators for the first time’.

So does this mean they will start by investigating why the McCann’s left their daughter unattended in a hotel room in a foreign country while they went out for the evening?

Abandonment of a minor/child neglect? Perhaps these are issues which Scotland Yard could consider discussing with the Portuguese authorities?

BoardinBob

Mrs McCann has a brilliant tan at the moment.

Probably because she’s been lying in The Sun for the last fortnight.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I certainly hope they investigate why they left them alone.

She has the look of a psycho about her.

molgrips
    Free Member

Abandonment of a minor/child neglect?

Yeah, they really need punishing those two 🙄

donsimon
    Free Member

So, what do you think? Guilty or not??

aP
    Free Member

Whilst I realise that losing a child is awful, I do wish that she’d accept things and move on, and stop going on about it.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I give this between one and two pages.

headfirst
    Free Member

<Mystic Meg mode> I foresee a thread closure….</Mystic Meg>

EDIT: Damn my infernally slow typing!!!!

bigyinn
    Free Member

lol @ BoardinBob.

For any parent to lose a child must be such a traumatic episode that would be impossible to recover from fully. I’d love to see them reunited, but I can’t see that happening somehow.

FWIW I would NEVER leave my child unattended in a physically separate building away from home, no matter where I was. My son is too precious for me to ever consider being that complacent.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Initially I believed they had accidentally killed her and dumped the body – however if so I really don’t see why they would be making a fuss still after all this time. So I will have to accept it was a stranger abduction.

Torminalis
    Free Member

Not.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

So, what do you think? Guilty or not??

Guilty of murder, probably not.

Guilty of neglect and stupidity, definitely.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Also, this would be a good time for anyone without children to step away from the thread. You could never possibly understand.

bigyinn
    Free Member

dd how patronising!

kevin1911

Surely their priority should be for trying to locate the victim, not point fingers and criticise the parents. I’m sure what happened has been a lesson to them and parents across the world.

As for letting it go and moving on, if something like that happened to my 4 year old daughter, there’s no way I could ever move on.

frogger
    Free Member

Total stupidity on their part but no one deserves that sort of thing. If I ever lost a child to abduction I won’t ever stop looking either.

Torminalis
    Free Member

Also, this would be a good time for anyone without children to step away from the thread. You could never possibly understand.

6/10

yossarian
    Free Member

dd how patronising!

i undestand what he means though, in order to comprehend this you need to have experienced those ties.

If I ever lost a child to abduction I won’t ever stop looking either.

yep, never stop, not ever

personally I think the parents have something to do with it. I think we’re seeing some kind of complex guilt thing being played out.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I got a 6 from Torminalis. You in a good mood or something? 🙂

lunge

What they are doing is keeping her name in the press and in people’s minds as the longer people are talking about her, the more chance (in the parents eyes) that she will be spotted/found. I think they are, quite understandably scared, that she will become another missing child on a list somewhere. I also think that, again quite understandably, they are looking for any chink of light that might give them “something” and they have more faith in Scotland Yard of finding that than the Portuguese Police.

As for whether they know more than they are letting on, well, if I had done something I regret (admittedly not of this magnitude) I be keeping as quiet as possible not putting it into the national press.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Yossarian – I think if they had they would have shut up by now. I believed they did it at first but no longer do

poly
    Free Member

Total stupidity on their part…

Really? I suspect many thousands of people from britain travel to the continent every year and essentially do exactly the same thing. With one abduction in my memory – that makes the statistics actually very safe. Probably more likely to die travelling to go on holiday than be abducted even if you hand a sign out the window saying “unattended minors inside” yet nobody suggest people shouldn’t travel!

bikebouy
    Free Member

True, no kids, so I have no idea about loosing a child..? hooohummm.

Neglect deffo, why wasn’t either of them prosecuted in Portugal? As for the theories about drug induced coma to shut the kiddo up I think thats a bit harsh, but feasable, abduction erm possible but to what end? For someone else to bring up a blond kid from the midlands? She’d surely have a accent by that time..
    As for the publicity I’m sick of hearing about it.
    And I’m not happy about my taxes being spent on an irresponcible parent just to apease her guilt.

j_me
    Free Member

zappa – I’ve got some crank bros 50/50x goodcond..£20, if you are interested 😉

Torminalis
    Free Member

I got a 6 from Torminalis. You in a good mood or something?

Twas a worthy effort, I applaud.

project
    Free Member

she has a new book out.

Perhaps scotland yard would be better employed catching criminals like thieves, drunk drivers etc, as oposed to reinvestigating an alledged crime commited in a foriegn country investigated by their own police.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I would say “a little bit silly and mahoosively unlucky”.

Mintman
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member
    Yossarian – I think if they had they would have shut up by now. I believed they did it at first but no longer do

+1 surely if they’d been involved in whatever way and has subsequently “got away” with it, the last thing you’d want to do is raise the issue again?

Perhaps this is an example of some people using the press, media and public support to encourage the police to pursue a case? Presumably the police think that there is something worth pursuing here.

yossarian
    Free Member

maybe you are right TJ, there’s definitely something else gone on that hasn’t been disclosed from the parents though. Everytime you see the mother its staring out from her like a light.

And actually I still agree with DD. I lost my eldest son for 15 minutes at an adventure playpark a while back, the feelings of panic/terror are utterly indescribable

BigJohn

I don’t think they did anything different from what every sensible parent does on holiday, leaves their kids and keeps nipping back.

They just got horribly unlucky and the guilt will be with them forever.

I think the search should be for a 4yr old body though.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Whilst I realise that losing a child is awful, I do wish that she’d accept things and move on, and stop going on about it.

what do you want her to accept they dont knwo whether she is alive or dead. if this happened to anyone who had children I dont think you could ever move on until you get closure one way or another. You either have no children or no heart.
    I suspect the guilt in leaving her alone also fuels them to keep looking. They did something stupid they are paying a high price I would not want to be in their place nor post insensitive MTFU type commentson the internet.
    I see little point in prosecuting them for anything and as it happened abroad I dont think we can.

surfer
    Free Member

Initially I believed they had accidentally killed her and dumped the body – however if so I really don’t see why they would be making a fuss still after all this time. So I will have to accept it was a stranger abduction.

And you based this on ?

uplink
    Free Member

True, no kids, so I have no idea about loosing a child..? hooohummm.

Mine are all of an age where they can look after themselves [in a fashion 🙂 ]

But, I shudder when I remember the panic/intense fear that losing sight of your kid at some public place caused on the few occasions it occurred, nothing I’ve experienced before or since comes close
    So maybe, those without kids really can’t comprehend some of the emotion?

derek_starship
    Free Member

dd – I don’t have kids but I can say, hand on heart, that if I did,I would NEVER leave them home alone. I would have dinner in the garden while they were in bed but I’d have a monitor on the table. I find what the McCanns did incomprehensible.

I know they must be suffering but it’s entirely their fault.

surfer
    Free Member

I do wish that she’d accept things and move on, and stop going on about it.

😯

surfer
    Free Member

As usual the sanctimony on this subject is staggering.

trailmonkey

maybe you are right TJ, there’s definitely something else gone on that hasn’t been disclosed from the parents though. Everytime you see the mother its staring out from her like a light.

i think both the yard and the portugese police would benefit from the use of your extra sensory perception.

Torminalis
    Free Member

I know they must be suffering but it’s entirely their fault.

No blame to be shouldered by the abductor then? Spose rapist victims are all asking for it too then?

crazy-legs

And you based this on ?

The same thing TJ bases all his assertions on. His gut feeling. 😉
    There was a whole load of comments on a news-site the other day about all this – the article was about the appeal to Cameron to have an inquiry, the new book etc, the comments (far more than I could be bothered to read) mostly went something along the lines of “prosecute them for neglect”.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

*is feeling guilty*

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘The McCann's’ is closed to new replies.