Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • The Marin Trail With A Difference. With Pictures.
  • singlespeedstu

Nice ride out today.
    Started from The Marin Trail carpark but headed out for some natural riding over a few big hills before jumping back onto the trail center stuff to finish off.
    Fantastic rocky riding both up and down made all the better by a bit of sun. 😀

2012_0225Welshwales0027 by singlespeedstu, on Flickr

2012_0225Welshwales0031 by singlespeedstu, on Flickr

2012_0225Welshwales0035 by singlespeedstu, on Flickr

Found some huge frogs and loads of frogspawn in a few of the puddles/mini lakes.

2012_0225Welshwales0033 by singlespeedstu, on Flickr

Jamesy
    Free Member

Looks fantastic , what a beautiful day for it !

Rorschach
    Free Member

I chuffin LOVE colwyd.Thats one of my regular rides (marin,crafnant,gerionedd,colwyd,marin).You can go over to dolwyddelan from capel and back to betws via sarn helen or carry on over to penmachno for a cheeky loop if you fancy a bit of an epic.It was my kielder training run for a while 😀

Stoner
    Free Member

nice SSS.

Was ace weather in taffland the last few days. I took my mum walking on the black mountains for a couple of days. Fantastic sunshine. And oodles of frogspwan 🙂

Got a loop scoped out I want to do too.

Looks like you two found an interesting loop. Not day trip I hope? Staying up for penmachno too?

singlespeedstu

That route does sound good. But **** hard work for a fat old bastard like me. 😉

Please don’t tell me you rode that lot without gears.

Rorschach
    Free Member

What are ‘gears’?

singlespeedstu

You my friend are an idiot. 😉

Nearly 450 meters climb in just over 3 miles on the first climb is quite steep.

I hang my head in shame at needing “fitness compesators” to be able to do that ride. 😳

jameso

Great pics.. that trail along the lake side is one I won’t forget, or the shin-deep bog-hike before it from the A5 )

Rorschach
    Free Member

In my defence….I am. Though I’m joining the ‘modern’ world soon.When my Yelli/Revelations finally arrive.WOOOP.

singlespeedstu

the shin-deep bog-hike before it from the A5 )

It’s fine coming the other way. Still boggy but enough gravity to help you float a little.

The yelli rev combo is fanfeckingtastic. It’s what i was on today. 😀

Rorschach
    Free Member

We’ll have to arrange a “we really ride ss but we love our yelli’s too” ride when you’re around these parts again stu.

ruscle
    Free Member

Looks stunning, very jealous as stuck in work all weekend.

singlespeedstu

I think you might kill me. 😆

Sounds like a laugh though.

I’ll let you know when we’re over again.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Looks fantastic Stu.
    Are shots 1 & 2 next to Llyn Gerionedd, Llyn Carfnant or Llyn Colwyd please?

Rorschach
    Free Member

Colwyd.

This is crafnant

This is gerionedd

singlespeedstu

^^He’s right you know.^^

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Looks like a fair bit of road work to link this up to the Marin though

singlespeedstu

It’s about 5 miles from the Marin carpark to the start of the track.

So no not very far at all.

Yes it’s miles and miles and miles and it’s rubbish anyway so I wouldn’t bother doing it if I were you.

james
    Free Member

I recognise pics 1&2, but not pic 3? Its not heading from capel curig over to llyn crafnant is it?

“the shin-deep bog-hike before it from the A5”
    If its the bog way up I think it is, there is another way ..

RustySpanner

God, I hate that track past Colwyd, it’s just too tough for me.

Love the downhill from Crafnant to Capel though, after the slog up past the Mynedd Climbing Club hut.

Looking forward to linking the Marin and the Sarn Helen Route over to Dolwyddelan this year:
    Anti-clockwise south from Betwys to Dolyddelan, round the back of the train station and back over Sarn Helen then up past the side of the Ugly House to meet the Marin.

Should be a nice day out.

singlespeedstu

James.

Yes it is. Great for a bit of rock crawling practice.
    Shame i didn’t get a few more pictures. I was having too much fun to stop though.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘The Marin Trail With A Difference. With Pictures.’ is closed to new replies.