Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • The Litvinenko Affair
  • SaxonRider

I am no Putin supporter, nor do I think that people should be subject to death at the hands of their own government, BUT…

I do think that Litvinenko’s family’s calls for Britain to pursue Russia over his murder seem a bit ridiculous. I mean, he was a spy. Isn’t the risk of being a spy a bit like that of being a soldier?

In light of this, the whole situation seems a bit like the a soldier’s family asking another country to pursue their own on the basis that the soldier was killed being a soldier.

I know it’s not EXACTLY like that, but still.

elma
    Free Member

It wont be pursued by our government because i’m sure well have some skeletons in the closet regarding killing other countries spies

scotroutes

Assassinating your own citizens while they are in another country? As if we’d stoop so low 🙄

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/07/drone-british-citizens-syria-uk-david-cameron

bencooper
    Free Member

Even if he was fair game because he was a spy (though he wasn’t really) – what about all the other people put at risk by two muppets spreading Polonium about the place? They could easily have killed someone else too.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

He openly accused Putin of being a kiddy fiddler. Death was almost certain after that.

fasthaggis

He openly accused Putin of being a kiddy fiddler head of the Russian Mafia. Death was almost certain after that.

slowoldman

what about all the other people put at risk by two muppets spreading Polonium about the place?

I think this is why folks got a bit hot under the collar.

Makes you think.

drlex
    Free Member

Lacks the finesse of a poisoned brolly.

Edukator
    Free Member

Kelly. How long is it before we get to see the contents of that dossier?

ninfan
    Free Member

openly accused Putin of being a kiddy fiddler. Death was almost certain after that.

JHJ will be looking over his shoulder/looking under the car/checking the brakes for a while

enfht
    Free Member

As always you’re in good company scotroutes, apparently CAGE share your mentality.

scotroutes

??

iolo
    Free Member

They bring snippets of this tragic event every now and again when they want even more Putin hatred from joe public.
    I wonder how many spies the uk have killed? But there’s never any mention of that.

v8ninety

Political football. Funny how the government suddenly care now, after refusing an inquiry for ages. (Barely) hidden agenda?

kimbers

JHJ will be looking over his shoulder

Not heard from him for a while actually

scotroutes

He’s just back after a two-week absence….

Midnighthour
    Free Member

I wish they had put all this time and effort into investigating David Kellys death

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2013/jul/16/david-kelly-death-10-years-on

iolo
    Free Member

What about Gareth Williams?

Dr Wilcox said in 2012 that the involvement of intelligence services in Mr Williams’ death was a “legitimate line of inquiry” but there was no actual evidence to support this

aracer
    Free Member

When you stop being a soldier and become a conscientious objector away from the conflict are you still at the same risk of being shot by the enemy? He was a spy before he defected, but wasn’t any longer, and wasn’t murdered because he had once been a spy.

I heard the comments from the Russian Ambassador on the radio, and clearly MRDA

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘The Litvinenko Affair’ is closed to new replies.