Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 138 total)
  • The irony of the woofterball world cup…
  • Kit
    Free Member

So did we establish yet if football is for gayers?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Football’s for anyone, regardless of race, gender or sexuality. Bit like other sports then, such as cycling, for example.

Need help with anything else?

inbred853

“Sticks and stones may break my bones…………, jesus get a life or some of you actually believe what you write.
    Have a read of Roger Mellies Profanisaurus you Chutney Ferrets

Kit
    Free Member

Need help with anything else?

Yeah, which one’s my arse, and which one’s my elbow again? And I need my nose wiping, ooh and my socks pulling up.

Fanksssss :mrgreen:

sc-xc

Lol zokes. Try harder. Have a think about it, but if you really don’t understand – I’m not going to waste my time getting worried about it. Happy Christmas.

zokes
    Free Member

Lol zokes. Try harder. Have a think about it, but if you really don’t understand – I’m not going to waste my time getting worried about it. Happy Christmas.

Clearly your brain is just a head stabilising device then, if that’s the limit of your sentient activity…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

zokes

So why would someone who is homosexual automatically take offence at the use of the word ‘woofer’? Do you use your brain for thinking, or is it just in there to stop your head from wobbling about too much?

Thats not the offensive thing here

The offensive thing is using a slang word for homosexual as an insult.

Thats the bit you don’t understand.

allthepies
    Free Member

<drifts in>

Is zokes still digging ?

<drifts out>

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

inbred853 – Member
    “Sticks and stones may break my bones…………, jesus get a life or some of you actually believe what you write.
    Have a read of Roger Mellies Profanisaurus you Chutney Ferrets

Clearly you don’t believe what you write then? That’s got to be a weird feeling.

Junkyard
    Free Member

So why would someone who is homosexual automatically take offence at the use of the word ‘woofer’?

it is a derogatory term – check a dictionary.

derogatory [d??r?g?t?r? -tr?]
    adj
    tending or intended to detract, disparage, or belittle; intentionally offensive

Do you use your brain for thinking, or is it just in there to stop your head from wobbling about too much

you compound this ignorance of the word you use by insulting the intelligence of people who point out that it is an intentionally offensive term EXCELLENT
    You can say you think it is ok to use a derogatoiry term towards a group if you wish – I suppose everyone has the right to be rude and offensive if they wish- but to claim it is not offensive/derogatory/belittling is silly.
    Is the n word ok to black man
    calling a woman a female dog
    an asian a ****
    Are no words offensive then?

IanMunro
    Free Member

Is it ok to call someone a moron though? Surely that’s just being derogative of people with learning difficulties.

Jamie
    Free Member

This still trundling on?

Junkyard
    Free Member

ian read the thread aleady covered

So you think that some with LD would take offence at those words? WHY WOULD THEY? Why would you ASSUME they would? Is it because you feel that anyone with LD is a moron?

zokes
    Free Member

The offensive thing is using a slang word for homosexual as an insult.

Like calling someone a moron or an idiot then? When done facelessly at someone over STW it’s hardly a term of endearment, is it?

Are no words offensive then?

Quite the contrary, it’s rapidly becoming apparent that all words are offensive, if your horse is high enough…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

So why would someone who is homosexual automatically take offence at the use of the word ‘woofer’?

Maybe they work in the field of loudspeaker design and manufacture, and prefer it to be called a ‘bass unit’.

zokes
    Free Member

Maybe they work in the field of loudspeaker design and manufacture, and prefer it to be called a ‘bass unit’.

Or are furniture makers and prefer the term ‘foot rest’ to poof?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

No that’s a pouffe.

Tell you what; if we ever need a tunnel to Australia, we know where to come, eh?

zokes
    Free Member

Tell you what; if we ever need a tunnel to Australia, we know where to come, eh?

Well, I am a desk-bound soil scientist… I guess I don’t get out to dig in the real world much any more, so virtual digging on STW is the way to go!

Junkyard
    Free Member

it’s rapidly becoming apparent that all words are offensive

You clearly know no one has claimed this and just want to avoid confronting the central issue of your use of a word ,defined in the dictionary as derogatory, is indeed derogatory/offensive.

zokes
    Free Member

You clearly know no one has claimed this and just want to avoid confronting the central issue of your use of a word ,defined in the dictionary as derogatory, is indeed derogatory/offensive.

OK, fine woofter is ‘offensive’. But given that your first input on this thread was to use an exceedingly insulting and derogatory term to address me, your opinion is null and void.

(Oh, and wunundred 😉 )

DezB
    Free Member

OK, fine woofter is ‘offensive’

I didn’t find it offensive…

zokes
    Free Member
    toys19
    Free Member

I think offence is something that is taken not given. So it has to be the recipient who defines it, which is why I despise the whole concept of offence/inappropriateness.

It’s a free country say what you like.

I call football wendyball to be derogatory. I guess it is really an occult gesture that means gay anyway. The problem is worsened by the fact that if you associate Gay with being soft/wet/pansy, which might be considered bad enough, then you are also being soft/wet/pansy phobic. Where does it end? I guess with the social exclusion of those who insist on insulting other people based on any identifiable physical/mental/social trait.

Luckily we have a degree of free speech in this country..

zokes
    Free Member

Luckily we have a degree of free speech in this country..

If not, with the usual plebs, and the mods’ new found fondness for bannings, this forum…

toys19
    Free Member

Well it is their forum. If it was my forum I would ban/censor an awful lot more, not out of any sense of doing the right thing, but out of self righteousness. I think the speech is pretty free here given the nature of human subjectivity.

trailmonkey

Luckily we have a degree of free speech in this country

Sadly we have too many people who shouldn’t be trusted with the privelidge.

toys19
    Free Member

Sadly we have too many people who shouldn’t be trusted with the privileged.

To be honest I think that is the saddest thing you can say, anyone has the right to say what they like.

‘I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it,’ was his attitude now.
    S. G. Tallentyre, referring to Voltaire. Often attributed to Voltaire.

Junkyard
    Free Member

OK, fine woofter is ‘offensive’. But given that your first input on this thread was to use an exceedingly insulting and derogatory term to address me, your opinion is null and void

so by the same “logic” as you started a thread with an offensive term your opinion is null and void.

toys I agree if the OP was making a political statement but I am not going to die for his right to be offensive to gay people you can if you want. You dont have the right to be offensive
    Can I come round your house and call your partner/loved ones names and then expect you to leap to my defence and witter on about my free speech as I call them names
    I am not doing the no one has the right to be not offended debate again.

zokes
    Free Member

so by the same “logic” as you started a thread with an offensive term your opinion is null and void.

Why comment to start with then? It’s mainly because of your comments that it’s already over 100 posts…

Mainly, because you’ll loose, again…

toys19
    Free Member

toys I agree if the OP was making a political statement but I am not going to die for his right to be offensive to gay people you can if you want. You dont have the right to be offensive
    Can I come round your house and call your partner/loved ones names and then expect you to leap to my defence and witter on about my free speech as I call them names

Yes this is a logical fallacy known as the “Slippery Slope Argument”. Zokes is not in your house is he? He is in public, and he isn’t naming names either. If you came round my house and insulted my wife I’d give you a wallop. Rights or not.

In reality its a pretty weak insult anyway. Lets face it given the way footballers dive and make a scene they seem to bring derision upon themselves, Zokes unfortunate use of language might be ill considered but if woofter by association with “gay” means wet/soft/pansy then it’s pretty spot on for footballers, just not so spot on for homosexuals. I’m no expert on the social distribution of pansyness but I know lots of straight people and lots of gay people, some of them are soft some are not, but there isn’t a correlation between softness and sexual preference, so it’s more inaccurate than offensive.

You dont have the right to be offensive

This is just pure misspeak. You have the right to say what you want, unfortunately offence might be a by product. So by inference you do have the right to be offensive. anyway offence isn’t actually something you can do, its something taken by the recipient. It is the recipients choice to be offended.

zokes
    Free Member

And when somebody feels the need to be offended on STW, they most certainly will be – galloping along in a little bubble of righteousness on their ridiculous high horse…

BermBandit
    Free Member

Ouch!

Mackem

I dont believe for one microsecond that the OP had any other intention than to get a cheap giggle. I’m not offended btw. The attempt at high-minded justification by the OP and others is funnier.

Junkyard
    Free Member

but there isn’t a correlation between softness and sexual preference, so it’s more inaccurate than offensive

I think it is the inaccuracy that causes the offence – most slang terms for homosexuals allude to softness and effeminancy

given the way footballers dive and make a scene they seem to bring derision upon themselves

I agree but this can be done without using a derogatory term for a gay person clearly. Zokes seems to have a wide array of insults to hand 😉

Zokes unfortunate use of language might be ill considered but if woofter by association with “gay”

It is not associated with gay it is only a derogatory slang term for a gay person – it has no other meaning
    Dont think I have really committed the slippery slope but lets not get side tracked here

It’s mainly because of your comments that it’s already over 100 posts..

are you thanking me there for giving you your moment in the limelight with a spade?

Mainly, because you’ll loose, again

Yes you will beat me to a bloody pulp with your cutting use of language, logic and reasoning so can I just surrender now big man?

now go and annoy the aussies about the cricket

Junkyard
    Free Member

toys so when I insult your wife I do nothing until you decide how to react then – despoite using unpleasnt names I am still doing nothing it is just you who decides what my words mean …interesting idea on communication. I wonder why I bother to construct sentences if you choose what they mean.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

are you thanking me there for giving you your moment in the limelight with a spade?

😯

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

I’m no expert on the social distribution of pansyness

rightness or wrongness, this is my nomination for quote of the week

sc-xc

As someone who works closely with people with learning disabilities – I can’t see why someone would assume they are ‘stupid’. That is all I am upset about.

BermBandit
    Free Member

You need to put this on hold till tomorrow Zokes ia abed with his cocoa now.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

King Prawns = Sexist.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 138 total)

The topic ‘The irony of the woofterball world cup…’ is closed to new replies.