Viewing 18 posts - 121 through 138 (of 138 total)
  • The irony of the woofterball world cup…
  • Junkyard
    Free Member

Imagine just how outraged I would be if they were a smaller weedier version called Queen prawns eh
    MORON 🙄

tankslapper
    Free Member

All this stated by a man who likes CRICKET!

Nowt wrong with the soft thud of leather on wood eh Max?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Belgian Bun = Racist.

toys19
    Free Member

I wonder why I bother to construct sentences if you choose what they mean.

I think you are confusing meaning with emotional response. I decide how to respond to your meaning. If you communicate effeciently I’m sure your meaning will be clear eg:

JY “Your wife is a dirty slut”

toys response
    a) “What! You lowlife scum!” Smack.
    b) “Yeah I know what a score, fancy a go on her while I watch?”
    c) “Ha ha. Your lame attempts at insuklt backed up by your twisted logic and cliched rhetoric are basically pathetic and we couldn’t be offended no matter how hard you try.”

The meaning is the same, the offence or not is my choice.

zokes
    Free Member

Morning all…

now go and annoy the aussies about the cricket

I can’t – they’re all pretending that they don’t like it any more – almost as amusing as some of the brain-dead comments from the usual suspects on this thread…

It is not associated with gay it is only a derogatory slang term for a gay person

Totally incorrect. YOU only associate it with a gay person, by virtue of the fact that YOU assiciate being wimpish and effeminate with being gay. I think you’ll find, by carrying those predudices, it’s YOU who’s being bigotted.

Yes you will beat me to a bloody pulp with your cutting use of language, logic and reasoning so can I just surrender now big man?

No need to really – you’re quite capable of demonstrating how little you use your brain before using a keyboard without my help.

are you thanking me there for giving you your moment in the limelight with a spade?

Whilst aspiring to having long threads on STW may be your ultimate goal in life; I’m normally just happy with posting a few mediocre photos, commentating on the cricket, and demonstrating just how wrong or right TJ’s arguments are. Still, I hope you’ve enjoyed this ‘entertainment’.

Imagine just how outraged I would be if they were a smaller weedier version called Queen prawns eh
    MORON

C’mon Elfinwatsit – tell him just how offended you were when I called you one just before you were banned last time…

Junkyard
    Free Member

An excellent point that using woofter is a sign of acceptance of homosexuality on your part and only people who object are the anti gay ones – I assume this works with the n word to black people and using **** as well. Presumably if i say it to one of that group and they get offended they are really a racist ❓
    You have actually stolen someone argument from this thread that was used against you re LD s and moron as well Sherlock. I am awe struck by your plagarism brain power.
    I know you have better things to do hence when you got up and started posting you did so on this thread first out of all stw even the cricket one 😉
    Was it even on the front page?
    As you want to be one of the great insulters, rather than debaters, may I refer you to the work of Zulu-eleven he is much superior to you at this.

zokes
    Free Member

Clearly you have been up too long junky – even by your standards, that last post made absolutely no sense.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

made sense to me.

CountZero

I prefer wendyball, just because a bunch of grown men immediately start behaving like ten year old girls
    So being sexist now are we?

Only if you wish to see it that way. Don’t myself, but I’m not one of the professionally offended.
    That’s pretty rich coming from an Aussie, anyway.

zokes
    Free Member

Who’s the Aussie? If you’re referring to me, I think you’ll find in Monopoly terms, I’ve passed go, collected $200, and am ‘just visiting’…

zokes
    Free Member

Oh, and racsist too…

hora
    Free Member

Narrow-minded, woman-hating country in hypocracy shocker links up with oldman stuck in a different era…

toys19
    Free Member

Junkyard I’m a little dissapointed that you haven’t come back to my meaning/response argument. Come on this is supposed to be STW where’s your fight gone?

tankslapper
    Free Member

Strewth!

All pretty rich from a country that gave us Julian (boy am I strange) Assange the founder of Wiki Geeks….

zokes
    Free Member

Narrow-minded, woman-hating country in hypocracy shocker links up with oldman stuck in a different era…

Yup – got it in one…

Junkyard
    Free Member

Clearly you have been up too long junky – even by your standards, that last post made absolutely no sense.

The last throw of a desperate man who cannot argue his point succesfully acting confused – remember you keep saying I am the dim one
    Toys – sorry sidetracked and actually I have thought about what you have said since reading – You raise some interesting point and I [genuinely] see your point re the listener making a choice on response re your scenario. I find it to be somewhat of a paradox though
    Someone means to offend you using offensive language but it is your choice to be offended or not seems odd – not sure it would be legal view re defamation /slander etc.
    I think part of it would be that the statement would be said in acontext with some style – ie if response a is elicited then it is more likely io said it in a screaming contorted angry manner, b in my best leslie Philips voice DING DONG and c would be offensive banter between mates.
    I do get yourpoint though and [logically] I can see it as reasonable if misguided/wrong mm notsure of the rigth word there.
    It reminded me of the Buddha and just how far I have fallen
    One day Buddha was walking through a village. A very angry and rude young man came up and began insulting him. “You have no right teaching others,” he shouted. “You are as stupid as everyone else. You are nothing but a fake.”

Buddha was not upset by these insults. Instead he asked the young man “Tell me, if you buy a gift for someone, and that person does not take it, to whom does the gift belong?”

The man was surprised to be asked such a strange question and answered, “It would belong to me, because I bought the gift.”

The Buddha smiled and said, “That is correct. And it is exactly the same with your anger. If you become angry with me and I do not get insulted, then the anger falls back on you. You are then the only one who becomes unhappy, not me. All you have done is hurt yourself.”

“If you want to stop hurting yourself, you must get rid of your anger and become loving instead. When you hate others, you yourself become unhappy. But when you love others, everyone is happy.”

You can reasonably claim to not understand this somewhat waffling and unclear response but I am still considering what you have said but yes I have/am in the process of changing my mind reconsidering my position
    STW’er changing mind SHOCKER – not sure how much I will change but yes I see your point up to a point.
    There are still many words I would not use

toys19
    Free Member

There are still many words I would not use

Me too, but that’s my choice. I still don’t support any suppression of others use of “offensive” terms, even if I wouldn’t use them.

Anyway it is a challenging problem..

Junkyard
    Free Member

I am not saying I would ban them either but perhaps we could discuss the issues around using them – why use a derogatory terms for a homosexual if you do not have a negative view of homosexuals? Why use the n word if you are not a racist etcI
    I find it paradoxical that I can decide to be rude and offensive and use words solely for this effect BUT you get to decide if it is actually rude and offensive not me. I see your point re this but it still seems odd/wrong
    Indeed a challenging probelm. I have debated this a few times you made me think/refelct/ change
    Chapeau

Viewing 18 posts - 121 through 138 (of 138 total)

The topic ‘The irony of the woofterball world cup…’ is closed to new replies.