Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • The Hunt. BBC1. Now
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Wow.

Just wow.

Drac

geoffj

It’s what the BBC does best. The Bristol natural history unit is the best in the world!

wrightyson
    Free Member

I was just about to post up a thread. The photography is just phenomenal. That **** silk from that spider is incredible!!!!

arrpee
    Free Member

Orcas **** rule.

Mikeypies
    Free Member

and numpties moan about the licence fee !

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

My jaw has only just been raised from the floor.

Brilliant. Utterly brilliant!

The spider was perhaps the highlight for me. Where did all that silk come from?

CHB

Best nature programme I have ever seen. Amazing. How did they film that cheetah in the gulley without scaring off the prey?
    Some serious lenses employed and talented crew.

siwhite
    Free Member

What was the music like? An old friend’s sister was the composer / scorist / whatever they are called…

Mantastic
    Free Member

The cost of this series is the same cost to the BBC to show one, yes one, live football game.

Drac

Where did all that silk come from?

My eldest was unwell last night so she missed it. So we’re watching it again this am.

kimbers

Was excellent stuff, even my MIL sat watching without talking !!!

The music was a wee bit melodramatic in my opinion ! 😆

rickmeister

Didnt see it , I thought it would be just animals eating each other….

Was there a lot of that in it ?

Drac

No.

Quite the opposite which is the point of this series really.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Was awsome. Nature is pretty brutal. Not much of animals actually eating eachother, some brought down but no gratuitous images of entrails or blood, it was heavily focussing on the fact that preditors fail far more than they success and the odds are stacked against them.

Pigface
    Free Member

i player tonight. Really looking forward to this now.

legend
    Free Member

The Mrs has now banned all Sea Pandas from the house after that episode.

toppers3933
    Free Member

We didn’t watch it as was watching the pilots thing on bbc2. Its pencilled in for tonight though. The trailer looked brill so looking forward to it.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

No gratuitous stuff really, certainly not compared to the dead deer at the side of the A9 slip road yesterday…

The drone(?) shot of the hyena’s chasing the wildebeest was fantastic, that and the shots of the Orcas.

Pigface
    Free Member

Orcas are ruthless predators, old footage of a pod after a Humpback whale calf was pretty full on. Nature; red in tooth and claw.

Pigface
    Free Member

Saw it yesterday, astonishing. New trail hound for the Audi driving, IT logburner STWer has to be an African Wild dog, run for miles and miles and miles.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

African Wild dog, run for miles and miles and miles.

Too fast.

thepurist

Saw a bit of it and turned it off. Same old cutting together of many disparate bits of film to make a story they can add a load of obvious sound effects to and then stick on a presumptuous voice over. I’d love to see the bbc4 edit but all the embellishment drives me mad.

Edit to say I love the BBC for making this sort of stuff but wish they’d break the mould on presentation style.

Drac

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

them wildebeasts are thick as shit!

hilldodger
    Free Member

Diverting bit of eye-candy but really just a cut’n’paste fluff job with no coherent narrative or direction – nice reminder of what the BBC used to be good at…..

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Bumpetybump

Cold start…foxes, wolves and polar bears.

DezB
    Free Member

The shots of seals with frozen whiskers are just beautiful. Art, I say!

Spin
    Free Member

Fox and auks in blocks and rocks…

grahamh
    Free Member

What it’s not about the Health Secretary been stalked by a pack of Lions 😥
    Now theirs a program I would set the the drv to record.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Apparently we aren’t mentally strong enough to see a polar bear eat a baby seal.

MSP

The BBC’s natural history output over the past 10 years has been absolutely beautifully shot and is stunning on screen, but it doesn’t come close to its earlier work for being informative and educational.

Life on earth is still the high water mark IMO even if it is showing its age in film quality.

martinhutch

Shame the drone battery ran out before the wolves finished off the musk ox.

wombat

Nature is basically just one big resturant.

Everything is either trying to eat something or procreate with something and will use its best moves to achieve this.

Sometimes your best moves aren’t quite up to the job…

mrhoppy

Spin – Member
    Fox and auks in blocks and rocks…

Good work sir.

hatter

I must say I was humming this during that bit with the Arctic foxes hunting the auks.

[video]https://youtu.be/2gCgluVD0Aw[/video]

MSP

The cost of this series is the same cost to the BBC to show one, yes one, live football game.

I call bollocks on that.

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Bump.

More incredible footage tonight, mesmerising.

wwpaddler
    Free Member

I know, lets film a tiger hunt from an elephant.

Genius

tang
    Free Member

I’ve been stalked by a tiger, I only saw it when it was 2 meters away face to face, Incredible. Amazingly not the first time. Dawn in deepest forests of central India is an amazing place to be.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘The Hunt. BBC1. Now’ is closed to new replies.