• This topic has 37 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Kit.
Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • …the horror…
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

😮

IMAG0632 by alan cole, on Flickr

pickle
    Free Member

am i missing something? what 😕

maxray
    Free Member

Was going to say the same… on this forum it could be anything, unmatched tyres/use of a cable lock/ flat bars maybe.

retro83
    Free Member

riser bars & helmet peak on road bike?

PJM1974
    Free Member

That wall is in a shocking state?

foxyrider
    Free Member

Quality – nice flat bar 😉

Rubber_Buccaneer

am i missing something? what

Can’t you see the yellow tyre on the rear, it looks simply awful.

headfirst
    Free Member

lovely colnago frame bastardised with a flat bar, your mum’s saddle, etc etc

and different colour tyres too.

dear dear dear

Drac

There is no spoon?

mtbfix

Bicycle used in getting about the place shocker! Heaven forfend…

PJM1974
    Free Member

It’s not quite as bad as the Kona hardtail I saw on Monday, complete with Rockshox forks and Tri-bars… That was utterly perplexing.

allthepies
    Free Member

More horror…

http://yfrog.com/04lmjz

High speed corners must be interesting 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

n0085 🙄

Junkyard
    Free Member

I noticed it straight away, my mate had one of these I let out a tear that it had come to this

LoveTubs
    Free Member

Cynic-al, forgive them, for they know not what they do

tis a sad image indeed…..a moment of silence if you will.

McHamish
    Free Member

Wait a minute…are those handlebars taped on?

GlitterGary
    Free Member

You’re right, road bikes are horrible.

nickf
    Free Member

There is no spoon?

What, should there have been a knife?

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Or some bolt croppers.

Mister-P
    Free Member

riser bars & helmet peak on road bike?

Helmet peak is acceptable on a hybrid, which is what that bike is.

robsoctane
    Free Member

That post by Allthepies: wow, adjustable handlebars – whatever next? 😯

user-removed
    Free Member

I’d be more worried that a dog might come along and pee in my helmet. You wouldn’t know until you put it on 😯

allthepies
    Free Member

That post by Allthepies: wow, adjustable handlebars – whatever next?

You haven’t seen the saddle yet, I forgot to video that, will do an update later 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Best thing for it. Keeps an otherwise tatty old bike on the road, and being useful. Better than just being ridden a few yards to the cafe and ponced about on.

MTB bars are far better for urban riding; better control, safer more upright position.

It’s only a bike. Don’t get too upset by it.

JonR
    Free Member

Its a silly bike with proper bars. I don’t see a problem.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

😆

TheFopster
    Free Member

Saw someone riding a BSO on way to work this morning with forks on backwards. Did not look too stable…

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

MTB bars are far better for urban riding; better control, safer more upright position.

Does this come from the same school of thought that says disc brakes are pointless on the road?

Every time I commute on an MTB, I get annoyed that I can’t filter through small gaps any more, or have more than one comfortable hand position. getting down out of the wind is also more difficult. ‘Control’ seems much the same, as its just riding along the road, rather than doing wkkd sik gnarr.

Wide risers/flats suck on road. FACT 😉

z1ppy

I like it, where can I get one?

enfht
    Free Member

Road bike on a MTB forum?

rs
    Free Member

its the toe clips isn’t it, can’t believe people still use them these days, a good set of flat pedals and some 5.10’s would be much more appropriate!

z1ppy

Not knowing anything about roadbikes (as you can see from my post above), would the canti’s work ok with the v-brake levers?
    As he has them I kinda assume they’d work but IIRC you can’t use canti levers on v-brakes?

Klunk
    Free Member

is it a crime to have a non standard gear cable run ? 😕

jeffcapeshop
    Free Member

is it me, or is there something rather vital missing from the stem..

kaesae
    Free Member

😯

allthepies
    Free Member

is it me, or is there something rather vital missing from the stem.

Quill stem so just a rubber bung missing I guess to stop you doing a spud gun impression should you fall on it. I wouldn’t call it vital, desirable would be more like it 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Does this come from the same school of thought that says disc brakes are pointless on the road?

No, it comes from the school of thought that says a more upright position is safer than using drops, in busy urban areas, and that mtb bars offer better control.

Every time I commute on an MTB, I get annoyed that I can’t filter through small gaps any more, or have more than one comfortable hand position. getting down out of the wind is also more difficult. ‘Control’ seems much the same, as its just riding along the road, rather than doing wkkd sik gnarr.

One, you’re not meant to ‘filter’ through small gaps in traffic, as it’s bloody stupid and dangerous, and two, you could use bar ends or something to give you more hand positions. I’m talking about urban riding of all kinds here, not just commuting along an A-road in berkshire or whatever. And hang on, ooh, who might be an expert in urban cycling, having done it all their life and cycled extensively in urban areas? Oh, that would be me then!

So you are wrong.

Wide risers/flats suck on road. FACT

And you are even wronger now.

Kit
    Free Member

Ha! I passed that thing on the bus this evening – I had a proper stare at it, I think it was the back tyre that caught my eye, then the flat bars. Bit of a WTF moment 🙂

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘…the horror…’ is closed to new replies.