Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • show me your Brodie Ti Holeshots
  • Lionheart
    Free Member

I would love one of these but ‘sprog’ James new race bike cost less and that has an engine! – poss my fav looking bike of the moment… one day (after the fat bike !?) – thanks for putting up pics R

rexated
    Free Member

[dribble]holeshot[continues dribbling]

messiah
    Free Member

I wonder if my Nicolai Nucleon will sell for enough for me to get one of these (see ebay).

I’m sure it’s just the way the pic was taken but clearance for those tyres looks a little tight?

accu
    Free Member

sovereign, ti holeshot, DB (ti)alpine..2soulcycles 41.5….
    they may look “kind of” similar on the first sight…but I am absolutely sure they all ride!! quite different..
    as I know from sovereign, 41.5, and alpine…
    the ti holeshot is very nice…beautyfully made..fantastic !
    but I had an MK1 alpine…have right now an MK2 alpine..and if there is any chance to get an ti alpine one day ….I will have one immediately..
    tt lenght seems to be quite long on the ti holeshot…

freeridenick
    Free Member

Funny all this talk – and the Kobe now 7 years old is still the benchmark really

low bottom bracket 12.25
    short top tube 21.5
    short chain stays 16.5

abike still ahead of its time 8)

accu
    Free Member

right !!

but it is very rare in the secondhand world..

freeridenick
    Free Member

Yes your right – I got lucky with a mint condition one last year. 😆

messiah
    Free Member

Short top tube and fork travel show the Kobe as an old-skool-frame… take your lovin over to retrobike :mrgreen:

freeridenick
    Free Member

Ha ha.

average height is 5.9 I think – why anyone would want a 23inch top tube on a 16 inch frame 😯 (XC gate)see ragley ti

140mm is optimal on a Hardtail…beyond is pointless – especially in the UK. 😈

si-wilson
    Free Member

Rear tyre is a 2.35 on a wide rim and still enough room for mud.

messiah
    Free Member

Rear tyre is a 2.35 on a wide rim and still enough room for mud.

Phew… I can (wet) dream again.

mboy
    Free Member

And those Bontragers are BIG for a 2.35, more like a 2.5 in most peoples books.

boxfish
    Free Member

Here’s mine – I like it a lot.

messiah
    Free Member

Want 😯

boxfish
    Free Member

Another pic…too small…doh

boxfish
    Free Member

messiah
    Free Member

Cruel…

How does it ride though?

boxfish
    Free Member

Oh, I don’t ride it. I just polish it in the garden and marvel at it’s shinyness…

After a looooong wait for the frame to arrive, it’s only been built up for a fortnight or so. Have managed a few 2-3hr rides on it so far, nothing that gnarly mind. I’m averse to jumping! Given the limited time I’ve had on it, the initial impression is very good. Whilst not as springy as the Cotic Soda, it seems to cope smoothly with rockier sections. It’s firmer but still has some of that spring. I’m still fiddling with the rebound and compression on the fork (which seems quite stiff itself), so time will tell. It handles fine on the steeper, tighter corners of my usual rides. As expected, when cornering it’s more direct than the Soda. Also, compared to the 100mm-forked Kinesis Virsa I’ve been riding lately, the front end isn’t as easy to pull up. Though, at 70mm, the stem is 20mm longer on the Brodie.

I’m really hoping that this is going to be a bike that lasts me a good few years. It seems like a strongly built frame. I hope it is, as I’ve had a couple of hardtails fail at the seat tube/top tube weld. The welded brace on the Holeshot should take care of that…

messiah
    Free Member

Cheersmin 🙂

I’ve ridden a Soda so that’s a nice datum. How is the bottom bracket height vs Soda?

boxfish
    Free Member

Good question. I’ve been clearing all the usual obstacles and have also had no pedal strikes. It must be a similar height, I suppose.

si-wilson
    Free Member

Just had our first customer review of the Ti Holeshot, thought some of you might be interested.

http://www.progressive-bikes.co.uk/content/brodie_ti_holeshot_review_-_mike_gill/

messiah
    Free Member

Urgh…

si-wilson
    Free Member

Urgh

You ok? 🙂

messiah
    Free Member

I’m close…

si-wilson
    Free Member

Update, its the time of year when i have to decide to order more Ti Holeshots or not, ready for next year.

If anyone would like one drop me a mail, early birds get £100 off.

messiah
    Free Member

lalala… I’m not listening… lalala

si-wilson
    Free Member

just had word from Brodie that the Ti Holeshot may not actually have another production run, unless there is more demand 🙁

so get your wallets out!

ps, had a confirmation of a Ti 29er from Brodie come the spring, like this but in in Ti Brodie Khan

bueller
    Free Member

Someone please convince me I don’t need one of these. I’ve been so close to ordering a few times lately.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I’ve had a bit of a sell off and am sitting on the cash – please man, just magic me up an xl!

My fallback plan is a custom ti frame, shamelessly ripping off every bike I’ve ever liked – I’m just waiting on your yay or nay…

(pref yay please, my own bike design could be “odd” to say the least)

Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘show me your Brodie Ti Holeshots’ is closed to new replies.