Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 203 total)
  • The Empire STRIKES back…Who's striking then…
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

…After the abuse I received for airing my view on what I thought about public sector strikes which I still believe…

Are any of you brave enough to say you are going on strike ?

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes

crikey
    Free Member

I don’t get the option to strike, and I’ve ended up being down to work that day, so I’ll be working.

slugwash
    Free Member

Yep

binners

Get back to work you bloody bunch of work-shy layabouts!!! 😉

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

After the abuse I received for airing my view on what I thought about public sector strikes

What were your views on the public sector strikes ? Air them again so I can see whether they’re worthy of abuse 💡

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkNsEH1GD7Q[/video]

yossarian
    Free Member

I work in the public sector and I’m not striking. Instead I’m taking a day off because the teachers at my son’s school are striking. Fair enough, its only one day and i get to spend it with my ace kids.

The tories are not listening to the majority of workers in the public sector and if striking will get them finally to put social justice ahead of money then all well and good. I don’t think it will though.

kilo

Yes

clareymorris

Yup

5thElefant
    Free Member

The tories are not listening to the majority of workers in the public sector and if striking will get them finally to put social justice ahead of money then all well and good. I don’t think it will though.

Yeah, we’ve got loads of spare money to splash around.

Ahh…. hang on….

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

You are still going to be on here though… right? 😐

binners

You’re waiting for the Tories to to put social justice ahead of money? 😯

Good luck with that! I hope you’ve bought a flask and a warm jacket. That may be a while

thegreatape
    Free Member

I’m not.

But we are going to have a day of obeying the rules instead.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

lucky to get pension ! blah blah blah private sector couldnt do my job blah blah blah…what a load of bum !

be pleased you get a pension and you got a job plenty of folk dont have either ! and the people that dont get or cant afford a pension are paying for yours !

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Yeah, we’ve got loads of spare money to splash around.

Yep, that’s right, Britain is one of the wealthiest countries in the world. There’s no need to make teachers work until they’re almost into their seventies.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I’m not (wrong sector) but Mrs mW is striking.

5lab

don’t see why not, I’ll have to work till I’m almost into my 70s..

KennySenior
    Free Member

be pleased you get a pension and you got a job plenty of folk dont have either ! and the people that dont get or cant afford a pension are paying for yours !

be pleased you get people to do shit stuff that plenty of people wouldn’t do for all the tea in China

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

“The empire” – sounds surprisingly imperialist?

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

like what ? kenny senior ?

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

unfitgeezer – would you want to manually evacuate someones bowells or tell a child that their parents are dead?

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

but whats that got to do with a pension ?

everyjob is hard some more than others…

5thElefant
    Free Member

Yep, that’s right, Britain is one of the wealthiest countries in the world. There’s no need to make teachers work until they’re almost into their seventies.

Are you saying someone in their 60s are worthless and near death?

I’ll work well into my 70s at the very least. Regardless of whether I have to. What else is there to do?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I’ll have to work till I’m almost into my 70s..

You should organise a strike sunshine. There’s no need to force people in the UK to work until they’re almost 70. Specially when there are millions unemployed.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Are you saying someone in their 60s are worthless and near death?

Well they are certainly getting closer to death. Why ….. don’t you agree ?

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

unfitgeezer – stop trolling.

ojom
    Free Member

My wife is. She is so hot right now.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

THIS IS NOT A TROLL !

I am airing my view this after all is a chat forum !

binners

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

My wife is. She is so hot right now.

I know what you mean…….angry women on picket lines can be a bit of a turn on.

binners

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Surrounded By Zulus you are the troll !

woody2000

<opens can of troll food>

Go on then unfitgeezer, what’s the solution?

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

i dont have the solution ! not my job to have one either !

but I am certainly not a Conservative…and I do earn under £1000000 and have two children and my wife doesnt work !

Drac

No I’m not, we’re working to rule.

Why do people still say “We’re paying for your pension” I pay for my pension and my employer contributes. Those contributions are made up from taxes that we all pay, that’s all as in anyone who pays taxes including yes Public Sector.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Yup,
    It’s somewhat debatable even if I’m public sector, but as I and my employer (rather than the government, or local government) still pay into the LGPS, then yes.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Why do people still say “We’re paying for your pension” I pay for my pension and my employer contributes.

Yes it’s an interesting concept, we all pay for other people’s pensions. Anyone who shops in Tesco is presumable helping to pay for the pensions of Tesco managers, get on a train and you’re paying rail staff pensions, and so on.

I would be interested in knowing more about Danny Alexander’s pension details, apparently it would take most people two lifetimes to get what he’s got to look forward to. Since it’s a topical issue and he’s the government’s front man, I think he should go public about his pension details. Just so everyone sees that we’re all in this together.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

I’ll be on strike. As will my wife.

Yossarian – surprised you’re allowed to take the day off. We’re not allowed to take annual leave/flexi to get out of stiking/not striking although I realise you’re taking the day off to care for your kid. Annual leave booked prior to the strike day is being honoured but the date has been known for months.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 203 total)

The topic ‘The Empire STRIKES back…Who's striking then…’ is closed to new replies.