Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 139 total)
  • The dreadful stuff you drank in your youth
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I distinctly remember one lazy summer afternoon when the GF at the time* led me astray in the fields. The only thing she brought to drink, however, was a bottle of

No mixers. Nothing.
    Still makes me feel ill thinking about it! The drink. Not her.

*No. Not Louise.

BoardinBob

Advocaat

matthew_h
    Free Member

Gin with Lemon Hooch as a mixer – blimey, that ended badly

allan23
    Free Member

Thunderbird Red Lable – probably responsble for 80% of student vomit in the late 80s 🙁

franksinatra

Occasionally my friends will remind me of the Löwenbräu incident. It is never discussed in front of my parents though.

Had many happy nights sloshed on Sothern Comfort or Malibu!

allthegear
    Free Member

University bar used to have special nights with bottles of Thunderbird for £1 a bottle.

Surprised I’m still alive, to be honest

Rachel

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Blastaway- diamond white cider bottle and castaway bottle (alcoholic Lilt!) poured into a pint glass

Gary_M
    Free Member

Mad Dog, although that’s when I was a ‘mature’ student rather than a youth, cider and pomagne in my younger days 🙂 Oh and jack danials in my mid teens.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Occasionally my friends will remind me of the Löwenbräu incident. It is never discussed in front of my parents though.

Your parents are not on here. You are among friends.

Continue….

Drac

Guinness.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

I grew up around the birth of alcopops:

I’ve never been able to stand the smell of bourbon having drunk warming pre-mixed cans of JD and coke.

martinhutch

Cider and blackcurrant. When you throw up it looks like you’ve burst an ulcer.

kayak23

Bleuggghhhhh

Eewwwww

Vom vom vom…

wiggles
    Free Member

Tried making some fancy shots at a house party with something I can’t remember and Bailey’s… I forgot that you are supposed to layer not mix them.

Made about 20 shots of what felt, looked and tasted like curdled vomit. Surprisingly no one wanted one so I and to get rid of them myself

Klunk
    Free Member

even when drunk it’s foul.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Kestrel Lager.
    Concorde Wine
    Topped off with a can of Quatro.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

A mate and I hit my mum’s bottle of poitín when we were around 15. It was bloody vile beyond imagination and we were both destroyed by it. 😡

I told her about it a few years later. She nearly wet herself laughing while explaining that she’d never dreamt of drinking it and had only ever used it as a muscle rub. 😆

Oh, and Southern Comfort. What was I thinking?!?

funkmasterp

Thunderbird, Barley Wine, Special Brew, cheap cider or cheap whiskey. Good times, can’t remember any of them.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Merrydown Cider.

To this day, I can’t abide even the smell of cider, never mind the taste.

kcal

Newcastle Brown Ale as above. Seemed cool at at the time.

There was Snake Bite – was that lager and cider?
    I think the Union Bar also had Atom Bomb, cider as above, + Special Brew..

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

A girl I used to date (not a Louise but just as crazy) used to drink some strange peach schnapps concoction. Can’t remember what it was called.
    And Drambuie.

avdave2

Thunderbird, Malibu and Merrydown cider together, a pint of. I was alright till someone turned the lights out and then I wasn’t alright anymore 🙂

It was a good 15 years before the smell of coconut didn’t make me wretch.

Jakester
    Free Member

20/20 bought from the local shop that would serve underage kids…

Hooch, RED (the guarana one, not the WKD one), Smirnoff Ice, snakebite and black, Guinness with shots of Tia Maria, the pint of sherry challenge, the list continues…

It’s a wonder I can still see straight.

cinnamon_girl

Anything that was going. 😳

nicko74

Blastaway – a Castaway with a K (9%?) cider.
    Cheap white wine, warm, as a pre-drinking drink. If it was too vile, topped up with Robinsons Orange.
    WKD
    Smirnoff Mule – my teeth feel fuzzy just thinking about it and the amount of sugar in it.
    And, one memorable afternoon sat outside, Archers and lemonade. But we ran out of lemonade. And that’s why I can never drink peach schnapps again…

akira

Red wine with fish, how we laugh about it now.

kayak23

A girl I used to date (not a Louise but just as crazy) used to drink some strange peach schnapps concoction. Can’t remember what it was called.

Archers and lemonade? I remember there being a craze for that..

Edit- as above 😀

chakaping
    Free Member

MD 20/20 & Thunderbird – both tried once and never again.

Same for snakebite & black, and its more dangerous cousin the red witch.

Newcastle Brown was the dreadful stuff that I kept on drinking, until I found out about real ale.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Some proper chuckles above!

kayak23

Oh yes…

mattyfez

3 litre bottles of strong cider normally, sometimes punctuated with a bottle of QC sherry which no one liked, but the the stregnth vs ammount vs cost ratio was good.

Just the smell of cheap cider now makes me gag – permenant psycological damage hahah!

globalti
    Free Member

Whatever happened to Magner’s cider? Have people realised at last what utterly awful garbage that was?

akira

I remember lacing cheap cider with cheap vodka, in retrospect it wasn’t a great plan.

scaredypants

My 15th birthday I was at a girl’s house – me, my mate and two of them

I sank about a third of a bottle of vodka using orange & pineapple squash as a mixer and then, feeling very clever, necked half a pint of martini (the, err, deep red stuff)

Obvz I did no shagging but quite a lot of bright red vomiting all round the house before I was chucked out

Never did properly apologise – ****!

I still can’t be near orange & pineapple squash without gagging

jekkyl

Carlsberg Green.

geoffj

I had a girlfriend that drank brandy and babycham. Not the cheapest round, but the VFM was huge 8)

vongassit
    Free Member

[/url]click image upload[/img]

PiknMix
    Free Member

Not a clue what was in it but pints of terminators from the skiving scholar at uni. Bad times!

Also, much earlier in my youth two dogs, hooch, 20/20, Concorde and when you’re seriously low on self respect, frosty jacks.

sobriety
    Free Member

Snakebosh

Tennents Super, Diamond White Cider with port on top for the colour.

Sorted.

funkmasterp

Forgot about TNT and Concorde. Those drinks were clearly marketed at the under age drinker

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 139 total)

The topic ‘The dreadful stuff you drank in your youth’ is closed to new replies.