Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • the cost of eating out?
  • Solo
    Free Member

Ah, ok! Gotcha.

Is there a Mac version?

ransos
    Free Member

2 starters, 2 mains, 4 drinks, £50

Sounds cheap to me.

I don’t eat out very often, so when I do, I like to go somewhere really good, and that means £££.

binners

I don’t eat out very often, so when I do, I like to go somewhere really good, and that means £££.

?

doris5000

living in the south, £25 a head is what you’d spend on 5 pints and a posh scotch egg at the pub.

So if i had a good meal and a couple of drinks for that i’d be pretty content.

jfletch
    Free Member

I suppose it means it’s easy to avoid paying the margin by not drinking too much (and healthier too) but it does seem odd that the bit that is so easy for the restaurant is the bit they make so much mark up on. It’s also the bit most of us are most easily able to compare to what we pay off the shelf at the supermarket

It’s because people compare food prices to decide where to eat. Nobody ever compares the wine.

So £9 for pizza seems cheap, let’s go there for our tea. Wham, the bill arrives and you’ve spend more on 2 glasses of Pinot Grigio that you have on food.

And if you are savy you will probably also have a voucher for 50% off the pizza. So sod it, the extra glass of wine is fine since we are getting a cheap meal, oh but now I’m a bit fuzzy I must have that £5 desert that cost the resaurant 30p to make.

Same deal with soft drinks as well, they have the highest mark up of anything, but nobody is sat in a restaurant saying that they could be sat at home drinking a 20p can of coke instead.

badnewz
    Free Member

There are only three legitimate reasons for eating out:
    Easter
    Christmas
    The last night of your summer holiday.

Everything else is luxury and extravagance which goes against every thrifty bone in my body 😡

Drac

living in the south, £25 a head is what you’d spend on 5 pints and a posh scotch egg at the pub.
    So if i had a good meal and a couple of drinks for that i’d be pretty content.

Bargain. 5 pints up here of proper beer, which Ton likes, would cost you neatly £25 so you’d have a bag of scratchings.

MrSmith
    Free Member

captmorgan
    Free Member

I find eating out normally costs me a couple of bottles of Lambrini and a fish supper……

johndoh
    Free Member

There are only three legitimate reasons for eating out:
    Easter
    Christmas
    The last night of your summer holiday.

Easter No – eat at home with family
    Christmas No – eat at home with family
    The last night of your summer holiday No – eat out every night on holiday

matt_outandabout

*adds another reason to ‘Why stay up North’ list*

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘the cost of eating out?’ is closed to new replies.