Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • The Condition at the Following Places are As Follows:
  • Smee
    Free Member

Inners – snowy – push up and ride down if you want to go for a play.
    Glentress – snowy – push up and ride down if you want to go for a play.
    Gypsy Glen – snowy – push up and ride down if you want to go for a play.

Please feel free to add any other conditions for anywhere else as you see fit.

simonralli2
    Free Member

There is no FC to ring so could someone let me know what Mabie is like please? may look to go with Mr Trekster some time this week. Ta!

AlasdairMc

Pentlands – snowy. Ride up and ride down, slip gracefully where possible.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Blairadam is under 6 inches of snow, with branches laden with snow making trails impassable.

Houns

My Sofa – Warm and Comfy with frequent visits to the fridge for booze and cake

cullen-bay
    Free Member

strathpuffer trail.

around 1 foot of snow all the way round. Icy as hell.

nosherduke996
    Free Member

Leith hill, Holmbuty and Peaselake are all Wet, Very wet and extremely wet 🙄

hora
    Free Member

Rivington – Too snowy on Christmas day
    Edale/Hope- unrideable yesterday
    Calderdale today- FUN! 😀

Guisburn or Lakes anyone?

takisawa2

Lounge floor passable with care.
    Currently strewn with toys.
    An attempt will be made to clear, after bath-bed time tonight, but the situation is likely to deteriorate again sharply at around 6:30am.
    Long range forecast indicates the situation will improve when recent toyfall is relocated to bedrooms.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Houns – Member

My Sofa – Warm and Comfy with frequent visits to the fridge for booze and cake

*High fives lazy bastard buddy* 😆

twohats
    Free Member

My flat – toasty warm and dry with endless booze and food to hand.

Outside world – dunno, not ventured out for two days, hang on *looks out of the window*, looks rubbish…

*continues consuming food and booze*

*is content*

Fat-boy-fat

BofA – Up to a foot or two of snow with lovely ice underneath. Total mayhem!

vinnyeh

anyone been to cwmcarn (twrch specifically) or afan today?

I've been given a two day pass by the wife, and haven't a clue where to go- would like to go away, but the original idea of Dalby's off the menu now.

Houns

Current sit rep – Combination of hunger and laziness has forced me into the local. Currently experiencing chill from a pint of Guinness but this will be followed by a warm front courtesy of a double 18yo glenfiddich then by roast beef.

ojom
    Free Member

Houns will get gout. Fact. (i spoke to aaron in your office t'other day…)

Eric
    Free Member

Anyone know if Kirroughtree is free from snow? thanks

Houns

Gout schmout. Aaron is a good lad :caft:

glynP
    Free Member

Drumlanrig today for a 1 hour bike push, conditions are unrideable, I'm getting fed up now bring on a thaw.
    Does anyone now about the conditions at Whinlatter?

willv

Mabie yesterday was hard going. Hard ice/ slush under snow sliding a lot. Meant to go to minus 5 tonight so will well icy tomorrow.

Houns

willv – Member

Mabie yesterday was hard going. Hard ice/ slush under snow sliding a lot. Meant to go to minus 5 tonight so will well icy tomorrow.

Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down,
    Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

grumm
    Free Member

Does anyone now about the conditions at Whinlatter?

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/whinlatter-conditions#post-970610

trail_rat
    Free Member

sidlaws – ride to green gate – push to the cairn enjoy the tops ….

caird park — hard fooking work and alot of running…

riding laggan tomorrow – website says 1 foot at carpark and cafe/shop shut …flasks , biccis and shovels packed 🙂

simonralli2
    Free Member

Will – thanks for the update. I think I may just do a little local loop I have been planning around my village! I had thought about Drumlanrig as an alternative but that seems out too. Brrrr.

clowner
    Free Member

Anyone know what the road/trail conditions at Carron Valley?

mjrose
    Free Member

Whinlatter was unrideable today. It took three hours to get all the way round the Northern red mostly pushing with very short sections of riding. It snowed three inches worth there last night.

Good fun though, enjoy!

EdwardH

Managed a run around Arrochar / Inveruglass on christmas eve, only problems were low down where there was a thin dusting of snow on ice – sideways action going up hill. Am still attempting to dig my way out of the toy avalanche from christmas day – that and acting as mediator on the fights over playing with each others toys. Have a day pass for tomorrow was wondering over the snowboard at Glencoe or bike. Hmmm slippery slidey no matter what the decision.

Radioman

Swinley: A few puddles in places but very good generally on the singletrack trails. There are the odd few bits of ice left.

The Corkscrew was unrideable today without damaging the surface further. Unfortunately it has been ridden a bit too much since new sand/hoggin has been layed and that has turned into a bit of a clay/quagmire mix and huge ruts have been made! Unfortunately people have also been rolling down the Gulley jump run too in the wet, which has ruined all the jump lips and put big ruts through them.
    It would be kind to other riders if the gulley & corkscrew bits could be avoided until it drys out.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

my drive near cockermouth has been a grade 1 ice route for the last 2 days (made the mistake of trying it so had to ride into town for 6 bags of rock salt to get out)

sam42
    Free Member

gisburn- iced out… re-frozen snow everywhere, un-rideable.

AlasdairMc

EdwardH – FYI – Glencoe ski centre is cash only at the moment, supposedly their credit card machines haven't arrived yet.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Anybody been upto Rivi today? May go tomorrow if not turned to slush.

hora
    Free Member

Andyhilton, see you there. I'll be the one in a ex Germany army camoflauge gore tex jacket 😀

GavinB

Yup, was out on Rivi today (and yesterday). Ice and snow has now turned to ice and slush, although it is freezing now, so should be pretty awful tomorrow. It was rideable around the reservoirs, but there is just too much snow up on Winter Hill and Rivi to really make it worth it – as the snow/slush is 4-6" deep in places. When it was hardpack snow/ice it was cool, but I'm off to the Lakes with the climbing kit and skis tomorrow rather than wasting another day in crappy riding conditions.

pixelmix
    Free Member

Lee Quarry access track is covered in sheet ice from water running down the track, so didn't bother going any further. I would recommend avoiding it for another couple of days.

Ambrose

Beacons- very icy high up.
    Mid Wales, Tywi track. very slushy, icy trail. multi layerd ice in/ on the deep puddles. Llyn Brianne frozen over on the Tywi arm.
    FANTASTIC!

puddle-rider
    Free Member

Thought I would go for an easy spin today around Rutland Water, twas like skating on pure ice, not a good idea so had to give up.
    Planning on doing the Long Mynd on Wednesday, does any one have an idea of what conditions are like over there at the moment?

Gary_C

Andyhilton, see you there. I'll be the one in a ex Germany army camoflauge gore tex jacket

Surely if its camouflage,he won't see you tho…. 😆

pixelmix
    Free Member

Surely if its camouflage,he won't see you tho…

Is camouflage in this weather not just white?

GavinB

Helvellyn and the Lakes today were absolutely AMAZING (if you were clever and brought skis).

For the guys I chatted to in the Glenridding car park, getting their bikes ready to go and ride Helvellyn – EPICFAIL!

Grisedale Tarn

From what I've seen today, it will be quite a while before the Lakes are rideable.

Smee
    Free Member

Downhills in Elibank are pretty much snow free. Trees look like they could collapse under the weight of snow though.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘The Condition at the Following Places are As Follows:’ is closed to new replies.