• This topic has 15 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Caher.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • The Brits on TV now
  • rascal
    Free Member

Put TV on after an interlude between 2 episodes of a box set we’re watching.
    The Brits happened to be on.
    Woeful. Katy Perry, followed by awkward interview with Rag n Bone Man.
    Skepta leaping around (mostly muted by broadcaster), Jonathan Ross with Naomi Campbell, Dermot O’Leary announcing Robbie Williams and Ed Sheeran coming up like some British dreamteam collaboration. FFS. The only godsend being the lovely Emma Willis. Is this is the best of British music? Oh **** hell..now Coldplay live. Utter toss. I’m turning it off now.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Gideon Coe on 6 music is awesome. Get some proper music in ya!

renton
    Free Member

Did anyone see the clips that kept coming up on the telebox slagging the group off that were singing at the time.

Not sure if it was meant to happen or not but was quite funny.

colournoise

Assumed the captions were part of The 1975 being ‘edgy’. Too well synchronized to be someone in the gallery having a pop.

jonnyboi

Little mix won, woo hoo!

CountZero

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz…………….

novaswift
    Free Member

Just tuned in to hear Robbie Williams sound like a cat being ironed. Truly awful

jonnyboi

Can you see the fear behind Robbie’s eyes?

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

The 1975 were showing all the tweets from the media that they’d received as a two fingers up.

A look what you said but look where we are!

wrightyson
    Free Member

Whereas the fear behind Robbies eyes used to be decent gear and he was much better for it.

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

I liked 1975. I know nothing about them. Chris Martin on the other hand….

wrightyson
    Free Member

Saw 1975 I think about 3 years ago at a local festival, the tent was rammed even back then.

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

Little mix won, woo hoo!

Apparently I’ve now ruined their song for my girlfriend by saying it sounds like they’re singing shout out to my eggs.

My theory is they all secretly keep chickens which they used as inspiration for that song 😆

Robbie was crap as usual, I think they just gave him an award out of sympathy!

colournoise

As ever, there’s a real conflict in Robbie’s performances.

Somewhere in there is (I think) a truly great performer, but his particular mix of astonishing arrogance and massive insecurity (admittedly not only his unique domain in terms of performers) just seems to create something which never really quite works.

jamj1974

Really loved the Chris Martin tribute to George Michael – especially when they were singing ‘together’. I’m not even keen on Coldplay, but it just worked for me.

Probably not a popular opinion on here – but that doesn’t trouble me.

Caher

I thought it was quite poinient also, not usually my type of music. I did hear that it was written when he was 17!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘The Brits on TV now’ is closed to new replies.