• This topic has 58 replies, 36 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Digby.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • The breakfast club…
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

…not seen it for 25 years !

It’s so good – wish I was young again !!!

geetee1972
    Free Member

Follow it up with ‘St Elmo’s Fire’.

freeagent
    Free Member

One of my all time favourite films – so good!

chip
    Free Member

chip
    Free Member

jamj1974

Love it. I’ve never grown out of John Hughes films or sympathising with the teenagers in them…

aP
    Free Member

Don’t you f……..

johndoh
    Free Member

Molly Ringwald. End of thread.

jamj1974

Hands off Molly!

binners

Ever seen a guy with elephantitus of the nuts?

I Bloody love that film! Due a re-watch I reckon. Binnerette number one is 13. About the right age to get it? I think so. Might watch it with her this weekend as Binnerette number 2 is at a sleepover. She loved Ferris Bueller

dudleycon93
    Free Member

Molly is hot LOL just saying. And ya the movie is really good.

jamj1974

I think 13 is about right! Ferris Bueller went down a storm here too, so I’m just waiting for my boys to get to the right age… My daughter totally doesn’t get that kind of humour, but maybe 16 Candles or Pretty in Pink well suck her in…?

Caher

Pretty in Pink is not too bad either.

shindiggy
    Free Member

This thread prompted a rewatch from me, realised why I loved this film so much.

I used to be convinced that it was my favourite ever film. Sat down and watched it again with the Mrs a few years ago and realised it’s actually a bit shit

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

^^^ agreed

tazzymtb

Bloomin great film,although my ex wife looked like Molly ringwald when I first met her, now looks like Bella emberg. I also like pretty in pink, but preferred some kind of wonderful as Duncan was a massive influence on my early teen years.

Drac

Never seen it.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

never seen it! Will try this weekend

joshvegas
    Free Member

Cracking film.

How about empire records.

eskay

Lost Boys was a good film in that era

pnik

Sucker for that stuff my kids both really liked breakfast club, started showing it to their friends! Some kind of wonderful, sure thing, better off dead etc. 80s throwback.

Chest_Rockwell
    Free Member

Principal Skinner from the Simpsons is rumoured to have been based on Principal Vernon.

Digby

Still love some of the old John Hughes films – took my daughter to see ‘The Breakfast Club’ at our local independent cinema, which showed the original film stock complete with ‘flashes’ and defects.

out of that epoch, I don’t think ’16 Candles’ stands the test of time. Although it has some great moments, it descends into ‘Porky’s’ frat-boy level on occasion.

Pretty In Pink and Some kind of Wonderful are still fantastic though! 😉

househusband

Brilliant film with a superb soundtrack, know the script almost word for word.

Another thumbs up for ‘Some Kind of Wonderful’ too.

footflaps

Most of them (Brat pack movies) have now been re-released remastered as 25 or 30 year anniversary Blue Rays which are much better quality than the old DVDs.

I love that whole era…

Breakfast club
    Pretty in Pink
    Say Anything
    Pump up the volume
    16 candles
    Less than zero
    St Elmos fire
    The outsiders
    Young Guns

jamj1974

Another vote for The Outsiders and Some Kind of Wonderful!

simondbarnes

Breakfast Club, St Elmo’s Fire and Pretty in Pink are all ace films 🙂

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I remember The Sure Thing, also Weekend at Bernie’s.

Cougar

I love all of these films, and I’ve never even heard of Some Kind of Wonderful until this thread.

Drac

I’ve seen Young Guns and maybe Pretty in Pink but none of the others.

rOcKeTdOg

Ur too young Drac 8)

househusband

I love all of these films, and I’ve never even heard of Some Kind of Wonderful until this thread.

I love all of these films, and I’ve never even heard of Some Kind of Wonderful The Outsiders until this thread.

Damn… not on Netflix or Amazon Prime.

nickc

Isn’t it 16 candles and pretty in pink that are essentially the same film?

John Hughes films are great, but they’re pretty similar…

footflaps

Damn… not on Netflix or Amazon Prime.

Available as a torrent….

househusband

Available as a torrent….

I wasn’t going to say but I prefer old-school binary newsgroups! 😉

shermer75
    Free Member

I took my user name from this film 🙂 (The school is called Shermer High)

funkmasterp

Not the Brat pack, but I love Planes, Trains and Automobiles. Was that a John Hughes film? I always stop it before the end though. Comedy that ends in sadness, no thank you.

binners

Just finished it and loved it still, having not watched it for years. And it got a big thumbs up from 13 year old Binnerette number 1. I suppose the themes are timeless

One thing I hadn’t really thought about before is how good a script and the actors have to be to make a film that captivating that is all basically shot in one room

Oh…. and it is on Netflix, should you fancy it

Digby

I suppose the themes are timeless

Agreed, but when discussing the film with my daughter she commented that a ‘modern’ version wouldn’t work as it would just be 5 kids in room looking at their ‘smart’ phones …

I love the film but the only bit that makes me cringe is the scene where wrestler Andrew Clark (played by Emilio Estevez) makes the glass door shatter …

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘The breakfast club…’ is closed to new replies.