Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • The bikes have got to go…..
  • TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Out of the kitchen and into some form of storage in the garden.

Any recommendations for secure garden storage that is likely to be approved under my household policy??

Will need to be big enough to hold 3 bikes, a whole load of tyres, a lawnmower and a few garden tools.

Cheers.

TheSwede
    Free Member

Hmm. Some thing to store things in in the garden. Am I missing some thing here. Is it a trick question or would a shed/garage/lean to be too weird ?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Yeah obviously a shed, but a simple wooden shed for £10k of bike???

Garage might prove tricky for a terraced house!

midlifecrashes

This one is bombproof:

Anderson Shelter

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Good stuff, have got to lay a new lawn so I could put that in first!

Can't see any locks on it though?

Olly
    Free Member

if your putting in a new lawn, why not build the lawn over the anderson shelter?
    might look a bit like telly tubby land, but a bunker in the garde would be ace 😀

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

My thoughts exactly Olly! Chicks dig bomb shelters!

downhillsquirrel
    Free Member

Stick them behind the sofa in the front room, noone will be any the wiser, failing that try the Spare bedroom/cupboard under the stairs or
    Dig a cellar

DaRC_L

Yep Olly I'm loving that idea – particularly with a decent ramp down to it

colnagokid

Mine live under the stairs (terraced house) and put all your other sh17e in the £99 shed from B&Q you can put in the garden

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

So it sounds like they have to stay in the kitchen. Or turn over the spare bedroom to them.

samuri
    Free Member

Here's what I use.

http://www.protectacycle.co.uk/

and all the other crap goes in a B&Q plastic shed. Pointless spending a lot of money securing an old lawn mower.

Shop around for the protectacycle thing, prices can vary by as much as 150 pounds.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

The shed seems the obvious answer but before you erect the shed, put in a ground anchor (sheet steel/concrete slab etc) and feed a bracket through the base of the shed? Some policies will cover bikes in a shed anyway (ie, no additional security needed) – best check your cover?

duckman

Anderson shelter…mint!

samuri
    Free Member

Have you got a wife? Moving one of those out usually generates quite a lot of space, although it can be quite expensive.

takisawa2

I had a local firm that makes sheds do me one for a motorbike once. 5ft x 9ft. odd size, but it was specifically for a bike. They charged me a bit extra & really went to town on making it sturdy etc. Think I paid £260 but that was 10yrs ago. Still have it now, brought it along when I moved house!!!

epicyclo

Couldn't you build a new kitchen out in the garden?

Shouldn't need much, just a hearth for a fire, a tripod to hang the pots from, and a pond for dishwashing. You could show your missus some extra love by buying her a large golf umbrella for those rare days when it is raining, sleeting, or snowing.

It's a bit rough getting turfed out of your workshop like that, are you sure you want to continue in that sort of relationship?

DT78
    Free Member

I had an old anderson at the end of my student house, fitted 4 bikes in quite nicely, though as pointed out it didn't have a door so the expensive bike lived in my bedroom with me….

carbon337
    Free Member

B&Q £120 6*4 shiplap shed – does me and 2 bikes fine in the rear yard of a terrace.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Samuri – The third bike helped to ease the last one on her way, and yes that did free up a lot of room.
    Thing is bikes can't cook so I'm in the market for another Mrs and it seems most women aren't compatible with muddy kitchens.

Karinofnine

I live in a 19' caravan with 4 bikes and a Doberdog – what's wrong with mud in the kitchen? 😆

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘The bikes have got to go…..’ is closed to new replies.