Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • The Big Freeze ? Well thats it all over we can get back to normal .Yay !
  • GrahamS

It must be almost over: we've just a little council digger come down our street to clear the 3 week old snow. If they've got around to doing us then I guess the main roads are fine now!

Shame I've spent most of the weekend digging my wife's car out then helping push various neighbours up the road as they got theirs unstuck 🙂

Bunnyhop

Slight thaw here, however it's been snowing for the last hour or so, it's that very light snow though. Very cold with the wind chill.

rOcKeTdOg

now in Warwick it's 1 degree and damp although the motorway signs are warning of ice between J12 and J14 on the M40

Ewan
    Free Member

Just dug the car out. Seems to be thawing in Woking.

druidh
    Free Member

It's January. Typically, we get more snow in February/March than January and it's not unknown to get a huge dump at or near Easter.

This isn't the end, or even the beginning of the end.
    It might, however, be the end of the beginning.

Northwind

This is the first day since the 18th of December that we've not had snow here. So less of the "week", or maybe just less of the "we", if you don't mind 😉

Singlespeedpunk
    Free Member

Started thawing in Cheltenham this afternoon but most of the snow is pretty compacted and will take a while. Now its back below 0deg I think it will be round for a while longer!

SSP

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Thaw. This is Somerset after all – the county of extreme mildness.

footflaps

+3 and thawing fast in Cambridge….

Quite annoyed, spent all last week panic buying and now have cupboards full of random food items and no snow to show for it 😉

aracer
    Free Member

Well it did reach +2 here, with a little drizzle and thaw. However where I parked on the side of the Malverns it was still only zero, with some snow coming down. Still lots of snow up there.

Gary_C

+3 in Grizedale today,7 nothing thawing out.

Apart from me by the roaring fire in the pub!

aracer
    Free Member

The latest 5 day forecast for here does now suggest it will all go on Friday, +7 degrees and rain. Not that I tend to trust forecasts that far in advance!

Sue_W
    Free Member

Still snowed in, still below or at freezing point, still snowing lightly here in Snowdonia.

Did someone mention there was a thaw going on???

yetirose
    Free Member

doesn't look good here at the edge of the cotswolds no work last week and its looking bleak for this week now , fish hill by Broadway is shut again after overnight snow and the village were working in up there in the hills is still bellow freezing , unfortunately all the work at the moment involves mortar or outside stone work, ho hum back to sorting out the house .

aracer
    Free Member

About another inch here overnight. It's fairly wet and slushy down on the plain (just like normal English snow) – but that seems enough to cause more travel chaos. Will doubtless still be nice and frozen higher up.

Did we establish where the OP lives and it's "all over"?

…and the 5 day forecast now has Friday as +5 and no rain – not convinced that will be enough for much of a thaw.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Warmer it may be, but I thought the minor roads here in Brum were the worst yet this morning.

oldfart

I live in Mid Somerset .Tried to get to where i normally ride yesterday in my car .No chance Bambi on Ice .Ho hum!May have spoke to soon as well because they are forecasting 10cm Tuesday into Wednesday for this neck of the woods .That'll be back to square one then ! 🙁

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘The Big Freeze ? Well thats it all over we can get back to normal .Yay !’ is closed to new replies.