Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • The Big Freeze ? Well thats it all over we can get back to normal .Yay !
  • oldfart

After all the headless chicken reporting in the media it looks like it's all fizzling out after only about a week or so .Expected heavy snow for overnight and today hasn't materialised and temperatures will be up around plus 3 or 4 by tomorrow .So thats it then .As i said before 1963 went on until March !This time next week we will have to find something else to talk about .What tyres for slush ?Flooding ? 😀

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

Still cold and snowing here.

It's been cold since mid december.

and still the longest snowy/cold period in my memory.

marsdenman
    Free Member

boo-hiss – just checked our forecast – today has been downgraded from heavy snow' to 'sunny spells'…..
    highest temp forecast for the next 5 days is +2…. – kind of a moot point though as I'm in London from Tues….

Drac

A week? Hard frosts from early december here and snowed every day from the 17th.

darrell
    Free Member

-12 C here at the mo' and no sign of it getting warmer

KINGTUT
    Free Member

All over? -4 into next week with heavy snow forecast on Tuesday in Bristol.

aviemoron
    Free Member

Same as drac and -13*c this morning.

Drac

Now I'm looking outside it's thawing very fast here now.

crazy-legs

Same here, thawing out quickly now. There's a constant drip drip drip from the icicles on the roof.
    One more snowy ride today then it'll be back to the usual wet cold horrible winter. 🙁

Waderider
    Free Member

Bit at a loss on this one. In Glasgow freeze started 18th/19th December, still ongoing. I guess oldfart is living somewhere south with soft weather.

Mind you, in spite of my lovely home made ice tyres, I'm nearly ready for the thaw.

GrahamS

A week? Hard frosts from early december here and snowed every day from the 17th.

+1 for Wylam and Edinburgh.

gonefishin
    Free Member

all fizzling out after only about a week or so

Well I don't know where you are living but there's been snow on the ground in Aberdeen for over three weeks and it was pretty cold for a while before that. I'll be glad to no have to use 3rd gear to get out of my driveway anymore.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I sense the thaw has started in London as I was awoken by drip-dripping from the gutters outside my bed room.

Feels a touch warmer too

Stoner
    Free Member

I cant wait for the thaw – even if its does mean clag and mud for a while. The temperature's been holding up building work – frozen sand and iced footings 🙁

taka
    Free Member

were you watching re-runs? last i heard its going to get worse…?

singlecrack
    Free Member

Its been light snow all morning here (edge of the mendips)

rOcKeTdOg

0 degrees and snowing here in the North Worcs Alps

adey205
    Free Member

snowing here too, and it's still freezing (mansfield)

Coyote
    Free Member

North west of England here and it seems to be thawing a pace. However we have more snow forecast this week.

adey205
    Free Member

do apologise, there's been a light thaw here too

bunnerscj
    Free Member

Brighton is wet and damp, well thats Brighton most of the time anyways !!

uplink
    Free Member

Looking at this
    http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/

it looks like most of the snow hit West Wales this morning

mark.laird
    Free Member

Suffolk – Thawing nicely – Should be all gone in a couple of days

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

And scroll down this to view some Met office weather station observations in your area. click on your nearest location to view recent data.
    Met Office weather stations

Jamie
    Free Member

Thawing here in P'boro.

I miss the snow as it actually makes this shithole look pleasant.

Stu_N

Well if it's thawing in the SE then we're fine after all. We've had snow on the ground since 17 Dec here so it's more like a month than a week.

Still little sign of a thaw here (West Lothian), though I did manage to break up the 3 inch thick ridge of ice that has causing problems getting a car in and out the drive so maybe it is getting a bit warmer.

philfive
    Free Member

its thawing a little but cant see the snow and ice going anytime soon. i live at the foot of the pennies and its been full of snow since 17th December. last ride i had was 18th december at llandegla. im not even risking coming off in this weather.

woodsman
    Free Member

No thawing here in West Sussex – wish it would!! Doing my head in now, riding is shite and it's messing up my work (self employed) no work – no earning!

aracer
    Free Member

Still nicely frozen here at the SW Worcestershire Alps. Has been snowing lightly. 5 day forecast suggests we'll reach the heady temperature of +2 on Wednesday (still freezing overnight). Without rain, which we don't have forecast, the snow won't be disappearing any time soon, much to my relief, as I'm hoping to break my previous record of skiing 9 days in a row and today will only be day 6.

Dripping from your roof? Do you really think your insulation is so good that the temperature on the outside of your house isn't a little elevated compared to the general outside temperature?

onewheelgood

2 degrees and drizzle here in Warwick. Yuk.

Flaperon

No sign of shifting here in Devon, with heavy snow forecast for Tuesday. Inclined to believe it's going to fall as rain, though.

sharki
    Free Member

Blue sky and bikini clad beauties playing volley ball here…..

The snows all in your dreams..

*slips on mirrored sunnies*

bonj
    Free Member

Good bloody riddance to it.
    Quite nice biking in it a few times but once the novelty's worn off it's just a grind and just an excuse for yet more doom and gloom in the papers.
    I bought some stout, waterproof, walking boots yesterday, with the thinking that if the cold and snow carries on, then I'll get some good use out of them, but if sod's law prevails and it clears up now I've got myself equipped for it, then everyone'll thank me for it. I'll have a pint, ta.

GrahamS

Can report definite thawage in Wylam (Northumberland), icicles have dropped of the house, but still a good six inches of snow in the back garden.

crikey
    Free Member

mrmo
    Free Member

sleeting here in the Cotswolds still, it is thawing a little but so much snow lying it will be around for a while.

So when does the news start about the floods?

ton

oldfart, guess what it is doing in sunny leeds…………….. 😉

jonb
    Free Member

thawing out very quickly in Newcastle

PeteG55
    Free Member

Does appear to be a slight thaw going on here, but i'm expecting that temperature to plummet overnight again and It'll all be sheet ice. More snow forecast for Tuesday, guess we'll just wait and see. Not getting too over excited just yet.

asdfhjkl
    Free Member

First time above 0 degrees here in almost 3 weeks, but I daresay it's over – more snow forecast for tomorrow.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘The Big Freeze ? Well thats it all over we can get back to normal .Yay !’ is closed to new replies.