Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • The best goth or "goth" vocalist. Clean please!
  • john_drummer
    Free Member

maybe, but is it 'goth'?

john_drummer
    Free Member

😉

zaskar
    Free Member

Although like the Cult, they were more rock-like.

john_drummer
    Free Member

ah, Mr Eldrich appears again 😉

Sisters mk 1 were probably about as 'goth' as you could get, at the time
    mk 2 (as in zaskar's pic) more commercial
    mk 3 (Vision Thing) – proper 'rock'

Did you know Patricia Morrison is (or was) married to Dave Vanian of The Damned? And Jason (Moose) Harris, formerly of New Model Army, has also played bass for The Damned. (as has Lemmy)

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

Hmmm,that's if you thought New Rose was a punk single,it never did it for me at the time, but then in later years I began to appreciate it a lot more.

I guess it also depends which definition of punk you're using – Greg Shaw was using the term "punk rock" in the early 70s to describe 60s garage bands. And then there's The Stooges. I mean, shit, you listen to the out-takes from the Raw Power demos like 'Gimme Some Skin' and you realise how toothless a lot of UK punk, from 5 years later, sounds in comparison. Not taking away from the '76/'77 stuff, just saying there's been a down and dirty punk side to pop for years

hora
    Free Member

Not Goth (or probably close as I was too young) but I thought Zodiac Mindwarp and the Love Machine were brilliant when I was younger 😆 🙄

Dudie
    Free Member

That'll be Zodiac Mindwarp and the Love Reaction then 😉

Aye, they were class. And labelled Grebo if I remember correctly.

tazzymtb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj6UJYY56bk&feature=related
    X-mal Deutschland
    UK decay
    Andi sex gang was a brilliant "singer/shrieker"
    Alien sex fiend

not "goth" but jaz coleman and killing joke were bloody brilliant.

zodiac mindwarp- god that reminds me of so many crappy little venues and every song sounded like prime mover 😀

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Ah yes, Pete Murphy. "The Boy Who Would Be Bowie"…

Personally, I found him to be a rude, self-obsessed ****t who seemed to live deep inside his own rear end…

Pigface
    Free Member

The Damned a pub rock band??????? Come on John how did you come to that conclusion. The only "goth" part of their history is when Roman Jugg replaced Sensible.

john_drummer
    Free Member

we're all pub-rock bands when we start 😉

zaskar
    Free Member

The Mission (tower of strength was good back in the day)

john_drummer – Member
    Did you know Patricia Morrison is (or was) married to Dave Vanian of The Damned?

I just thought she was hot…bit like that lady from underworld

tazzymtb

patricia morrison was ace, until she was kicked out of the sisters and ended up on TOTP as a backing singer for Pop Will Eat Itself 😯

RoterStern
    Free Member

Never really could more Goth than this IMHO. I saw them back in the day at the Tin Can Club in Birmingham and it was an absolutely mad night which ended when Nik Fiend ended puking over the audience at the front of the stage. 😯

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘The best goth or "goth" vocalist. Clean please!’ is closed to new replies.