Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • The "Avengers" movie.
  • codybrennan
    Free Member

Wow. Just….wow.

See it as soon as you can.

Drac

Planning to take my nephew, probably next week.

Cougar

Oh, I hate you.

Hopefully seeing it at the weekend. Can’t wait.

codybrennan
    Free Member

I’m going to go and see it again next week. Its absolutely brilliant, and I’m not exaggerating- its really that good.

kimbers

im seeing it on saturday very excited, watched thor and cap america last weekend in preparation!!

MrsToast
    Free Member

Took the afternoon off work to see it, and even wore my Stark Industries t-shirt. I REGRET NOTHING!

Cougar

Interesting write-up / interview with Joss here, btw.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/55242

loum
    Free Member

Saw it this afternoon. Best superhero movie for a long time. Have fun.

Cougar

Wow. Is this the first time we’ve seen a consensus on STW?

_tom_
    Free Member

My mates have gone to see it tonight but I’m working early shift tomorrow so didn’t go 🙁 Will have to wait for bluray I guess.

Cougar

I think it’s on more than just one night.

(and by the sounds of things, your mates might want to go again)

loum
    Free Member

If you’ve got the choice, 3D IMAX.
    Really works well for this one.

stewartc
    Free Member

Watched in in 3D yesterday, it was OK, better than I was expecting.
    It was so good to get a good Hulk back on the screen after the last two attempts and Tony Stark/Iron Man is always worth the admission.

Cougar

If you’ve got the choice, 3D IMAX.
    Really works well for this one.

It’s a post-production 3D conversion isn’t it? I’m a fan of good 3D but generally post-production 3D tends to bite. Is this an exception?

kimbers

just got back,loved it (2d) very entertaining

dont wait till the end of the credits, the extra bit is almost straight after!

brakes
    Free Member

Iron Man – great
    Hulk – meh
    Captain America – good film but hate the character
    Thor – not seen

Avengers – great film, amazing effects and the whole ‘baddies from another world’ premise is an excellent cliché for a comic-book film. It’s got some sci-fi in there too – loving the aircraft carrier/ flying machine and the baddy mechanical-shark type things.
    Some great humour in it too from the best characters, Iron Man and the Hulk.

I saw it in 3D because 2D wasn’t available when I went. I don’t like it at all. Some of the scenes were just a blur because of the 3D and it didn’t add anything to the film. Either that or my eyesight is failing…

Still don’t like Captain America either. He’s a bit rubbish apart from his shield and seems to be a bit of a dick.

turtleheading
    Free Member

Its probably as good as the other films, iron man etc. They were good, but nothing special imo. cant beat the likes of Dark Knight…
    Id give it a 7/8 out of ten. deffo worth seeing tho

Candodavid
    Free Member

Kimbers. What happened after credits as junior C needed to pee and it was gone 11 pm by the time we got out?
    We though it was great too

brakes
    Free Member

Loki’s alien boss mate appeared and gave some little speech which set up Avengers 2. Can’t remember exactly what he said.

RealMan
    Free Member

Captain America – good film but hate the character

Thought that was one of the worst films I’d ever seen. Couldn’t wait for it to end. Had written off the Avengers as being probably even worse, but I do keep hearing very good things about it..

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Disappointed there’s no mention of Purdy, steed or that other bloke (Gary?).

grum
    Free Member

Iron Man and Thor were great, looking forward to this.

Took the afternoon off work to see it, and even wore my Stark Industries t-shirt. I REGRET NOTHING!

Just googled Stark Industries t-shirts and there’s about a million completely different versions. Which one is ‘correct’? ARGHHHHH!

Northwind

Just seen it, and I rate it Incredibly Awesome. Also occasionally very funny (it made some chap in the cinema make a noise like he was dying. Perhaps he was.)

brakes
    Free Member

no one has mentioned Scarlet Johansson yet!
    thought she looked rather average. disappointed.

kimbers

ok major spoiler ……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

lokis alien boss was revealed to be a skrull

superfli
    Free Member

I was hoping on taking my lad to this after hearing so many good stories about it, and he loves his super heros… Just seen its a 12A 🙁 He’s coming up 4 (was to be his first movie at cinema)

kimbers

it probably is quite violent for a 4yr old

Northwind

kimbers – Member

ok major spoiler ……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

lokis alien boss was revealed to be a skrull

Don’t believe so.

johnikgriff
    Free Member

Major spoiler

Geek alert … Sorry kimbers, he’s not a skrull

Think you’ll find its Thanos (pointer in Thor movIe). Also the court death bit in the speech. 🙂

kimbers

i thought id never seen a red skrull before!

MrsToast
    Free Member

Tsk, somebody doesn’t know his mad Titans…

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘The "Avengers" movie.’ is closed to new replies.