Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 161 total)
  • The A&A/Kylie thread (again)…. A VOTE
  • treefeller
    Free Member

B

Tiger6791

This is what I don’t get… I started an A&A last week with this image

It got locked and closed…

Pls click here
    to see current STW homepage as I know many skip it!

Surely with this on the homepage and if you find it offensive it’s time to stand by you’re principles and ‘flounce’

n’est-ce pas?

khani
    Free Member

I’ve never been a oppressor before, it feels gooooooood, 😆
    Now run along and bring me cake oppressee…….

druidh
    Free Member

Tiger6791 – swearing is disallowed on the forum but is OK in the magazine. You’re surely not expecting consistency from STW towers?

Zoolander
    Free Member

Drac

It got locked and closed…

But not for that image though to be fair.

gordimhor

I ll vote c but only since i am against bans on principle vortex you make tjs point for him

iDave
    Free Member

sam42
    Free Member

this **** is what’s ruining what used to be a good forum.

B. and get over it… if you don’t like it, go waste your life on mtbr or bike radar chatting about new rockshox or whatever instead.

nonk
    Free Member

C but dont be telling me it has to go because it offensive. 🙄

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

You don’t like people who challenge your own views, do you Zokes? Which is why you feel the need to resort to insults. Now, see if you can say what you just did, but without insulting us. See if you can express your onions, without the anger and vitriol. Go on, give it a try.

yossarian
    Free Member

I vote for nick clegg, he is so Believable

As for tits and arse, can’t say I care enough to bother registering an opinion. Can the slagging off of TJ stop now? Its getting tedious.

duckman

C/B please;As an aside has anybody ever seen Fred/elf and TJ together at the same time? just wondering if…

CHB

B. It’s not the images that put people off this site its the posturing and keyboard strops of a few members.
    Mods: Can we be a bit less like the Stasi please?

Cletus

C

flippinheckler
    Free Member

(A) BECAUSE I’M SICK OF ALL THE POINTLESS THREADS AND POST THAT ESCALATE INTO ARGUMENTS THAT KEEP GOING AROUND IN CIRCLES 😈

waynekerr
    Free Member

B

What I can’t understand is why TJ comes on the chat forum if he finds all this offensive, why not just stick to the bike forum, after all that is what attracts people to STW in the first place?

It appears to me he obviously just likes an argument or virtual boxing match from behind the safety of a computer screen.

MrSmith
    Free Member

) BECAUSE I’M SICK OF ALL THE POINTLESS THREADS AND POST THAT ESCALATE INTO ARGUMENTS THAT KEEP GOING AROUND IN CIRCLES

really? i’m amazed people can get upset by what somebody else writes on a forum about bikes and stuff, maybe you need to not look at those threads and interact with the real world a bit more?

Lifer
    Free Member

backhander
    Free Member

B for me, I don’t really care about A+A or friday Kylie, I just don’t want a certain attention whore to get his own way by bleating and moaning.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I think that the fact that there is this thread about the other thread proves that TJ has at least got people debating the issues, which can only be a good thing surely? If just a few people have a bit of a think about things, then that has to be a Good Thing in my book, so hats off toTJ, basically. Good on him. As for people getting upset and resorting to insults and personal attacks, well that’s all a bit silly really, isn’t it?

backhander
    Free Member

You really think that you are the arbiter of justice and final word on these boards don’t you Fred?
    As for encouraging discussions, well anyone can troll and stubbornly argue against popular opinion just to get some attention and then claim it was all a big joke (haha etc). You can take your hat off to whoever you like, it doesn’t mean anyone else will.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

You really think that you are the arbiter of justice and final word on these boards don’t you Fred?

Yes.

It’s because I’m right though. It’s a gift which not everyone has. 🙂

It’s bin said by others; there’s little in the way of sensible argument to prove TJ wrong. Just a load of insults and abuse. Proving he must actually be right.

MrSmith
    Free Member

what’s there to think about? tedious repetitive threads:
    short antipodean singer of dubious talent.
    some pics from news websites of female athletes that you never watch competing.
    what tyres.
    look at my inbred, there’s thousands like it but mine’s special.

do you really have to “have a bit of a think” to gauge the merit of clicking on those threads or not?

if it’s taken T.J. to stir your cognitive abilities into action you have big problems (at least you have been blissfully unaware until your epiphany bestowed upon you by the forums very own moral gaurdian)

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Round and round and round it goes. Where it stops, nobody knows….

MrWoppit
    Free Member

C

johnners
    Free Member

I’m going with A, though I generally tend to C in these matters.

You can try to brand it “Athletic and Aesthetic” all you like, but it usually degenerates into lewdly juvenile.

MrSmith
    Free Member

i have to confess i don’t look at the AA or talentless pop-singer threads
    doesn’t bother me that the exist though.

Wookster

C

dmjb4
    Free Member

D then B. The loons like TJ ruin this forum in my opinion.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

C and D.

Boring boring hammering of the same point again and again and again and again with no willingness to accept that other people’s viewpoint might be worth something.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

really? i’m amazed people can get upset by what somebody else writes on a forum about bikes and stuff, maybe you need to not look at those threads and interact with the real world a bit more

True, but it is all rather anal retentive.

diggers
    Free Member

E – an ignore button please

duntmatter
    Free Member

waynekerr – Member

What I can’t understand is why the TJ haters come on the thread if they find him offensive, why not just stick to the bike forum, after all that is what attracts people to STW in the first place?

It appears to me they obviously just like an argument or virtual boxing match from behind the safety of a computer screen.

FTFY

Woody
    Free Member

waynekerr – Member

What I can’t understand is why the TJ haters come on the thread if they find him offensive, why not just stick to the bike forum, after all that is what attracts people to STW in the first place?
    Does anyone hate TJ? – that would be ridiculous and he is only offensive in as much as believes he is superior and has the only valid opinion! People may be attracted to the bike forum initially but I seriously doubt whether it is that aspect which is responsible for the success and continued growth of the site, so to suggest that people only stick to one section if they don’t like a poster in another is a bit silly.

It seems to me that virtually every argument revolves around 2 or 3 ‘players’, with other forumites reduced to the role of a (mainly) irritated supporting cast. One of them has been conspicuous by his absence over the past couple of weeks and in my view the forum has been all the better for it.

My suggestion to the mods would be to give those constantly involved in arguments (it’s obvious who they are by the sheer volume of posts) a sabbatical of a couple of weeks to see how things pan out.

It’s by no means a perfect solution but might give others the opportunity to have discussions/banter/chat/info exchange/laugh without the constant intervention of the ‘thought police’ who will doggedly attempt to ram their view home to the point where everyone else has long past their boredom threshold and gone elsewhere.

B FTW

onewheelgood

B

Travis

B
    One can choose not to open the thread, I’m sure you don’t open all the threads to read them.

How can you anyone dislike TJ?

I’d like to have a beer or two with him, to me, he’s the sort of guy you can have a beer with, a dam good argument, more beer with, then stagger away from the pub feeling happy that you have had a very good constructive argument.
    Although in my case, I usually wake up in the morning, realising that I’ve forgot to say a very good point.

Cheers.

ratadog

B, C and/or D

which reminds me that I must sort out that replacement chain ring

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Ok, time to put this thread to bed. I’ve consulted some notable world leaders etc, here’s what they had to say…

Bella!

Big Society, you lot decide.

I couldn’t get a quote from these two, but I captured this image as Nelson explaind the forum rules to Dez.

This guy felt the survival of the fittest was particularly important.

A whole host of others including Ghandi, the Dalai Lama, Stephen Hawkins and Sandi Toksvig came out in support. The only person to object was this guy… (citing commercial interests so doesn’t really count)

They all said it’d be good to start talking about something else too…

ahwiles
    Free Member

C.

but we definitely need to ban all ‘what tyres’ and ‘petrol vs diesel’ threads.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 161 total)

The topic ‘The A&A/Kylie thread (again)…. A VOTE’ is closed to new replies.