Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • That blinkin X-factor – burn it with anthrax, ebola and phosphorus.
  • scuttler

Buuurrrrnnn iiiiiittt!

Feel free to add ingredients to the toxic cocktail that it will put in.

Smee
    Free Member

You forgot Napalm you numpty.

Smee
    Free Member

That guy did just take the roof off though.

scuttler

Prodigy at Leeds last night took the roof off. Except there was no roof. Those gents piss napalm.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I know it's terrible but if there's nothing else on, I just end up getting drawn to it. I've suspected it before though…surely some of those really bad ones are paid actors? Like the first old bloke who was timing himself in and the two girls that couldn't have been more unlike their name "The Stunners" complete with "stunning" family and friends????

CountZero

I refuse to watch it, and anything else resembling it. If there's nothing else on I read a book and listen to music. Both far more constructive ways of using my time. I bought two new albums and four new books yesterday, so I'm not stuck for ways to spend time.

CountZero

Oh, and raze it to the ground, plough the ground and sow it with salt, a good old biblical answer to the problem, tho' napalm and toxic waste would do as well. 😈

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

If there's nothing else on I read a book and listen to music. Both far more constructive ways of using my time

LOL, you're a righteous dude whenever there's a music-related thread. I say leave it on, it's hilarious and if it creates more music to annoy your likes, then I'm all for it.

CaptJon
    Free Member

It is a money making exercise for Cowell et al., nothing more. The engineer and manipulate the programme and exploit the contestants – disgusting TV imho.

AlasdairMc

however, if you're stupid enough to be exploited by this trash, more fool you.

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

I love it! Saturday evening entertainment at it's best……..don't take it(or anything else),so seriously.

project
    Free Member

Personally i find it very well made,slick editing and previews, good constructive and usually funny comments,from multi millionaires,that are going to invest their time and money in the winner.

Nice to see all classes of society being allowed to a chance to show their skills or lack of in singing and personality.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

however, if you're stupid enough to be exploited by this trash, more fool you.

Eh? Am I being exploited or patronised or both? I feel dirty now, thanks for pointing that out Al

hora
    Free Member

Randy Jacksons Dance Crews though- THATS ACE! :mrgreen:

bassspine
    Free Member

Still, C4 is dropping big brother so there is light at the end of the tunnel

scuttler

Still, C4 is dropping big brother so there is light at the end of the tunnel

No – there's a dirty great void to fill with more tv turds.

Verbal-Kint
    Free Member
    timdrayton
    Free Member

i hate the back story ones, the guy who'd lost his brother, then the kid ran on….. didnt look very convincing

curse my missus's grip of steel on the remote….. its privaleged now.. ffs

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Bring back 'THE STUNNERS' I say, I am positive they should have been on after the 9pm watershed 😉

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

Mr. Fastenough,they were indeed a quality turn. Menage a trois??

john_drummer
    Free Member

the TV has an 'off' switch

Your house has more than one room (usually)

There are alternatives, even if someone else in the house is getting sucked in.

CountZero

Yo! I am indeed righteous. But not self righteous. Music is one of the greatest pleasures I have in life. I see no need to sit and suffer watching poor souls being made fun of while they prove to the nation they can't carry a tune in a bucket. I'm sure deadlydarcy gets a kick out of bear baiting, cock fighting and badger baiting as well. I hate seeing people being embarrassed for the entertainment of the public at large. However, there are the odd occasions when someone with a genuine talent gets somewhere due to exposure which would otherwise not be available, except perhaps locally. There was a programme years ago, called David Essex Showcase, which gave artists exposure, without being judgemental. Talk Talk first showed up on there. That's my kind of programme. I'll leave the perverse enjoyment of X Factor to deadly.

iDave
    Free Member

wot john-drummer said

you choose to be bothered by it

so you deserve to suffer

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I'm sure deadlydarcy gets a kick out of bear baiting, cock fighting and badger baiting as well

Hmmm, let me think, wrong, wrong and yes, wrong again…you're just a big shit-pile of wrong. So now, I'm happy to label you as being self-righteous and not just righteous. Weren't you the one on a recent U2 hating thread that claimed "…all modern music is rubbish…blah blah blah ad nauseum…"? Do you ever sit back and think to yourself that you're sounding like your parents or were they progressive and introduced you to the stuff that was so good that somewhere around a decade and half ago you decided music had reached its zenith and anything thereafter was crap? If so, I dearly hope all the fine modern music that is produced left right and centre these days is really pissing you off.

hels
    Free Member

Bread and circuses.

chakaping
    Free Member

It shows a lack of imagination to get annoyed by The X Factor etc, in my opinion.

I have to watch it for work, and it's basically harmless fun.

I would probably have been far less tolerant of it when I was in my early-20s, but I'm a bit less uptight now.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Young Dave riley

Mr. Fastenough,they were indeed a quality turn. Menage a trois??

I will get you fixed up with them.. 😯

My Menage a trois is booked with Cheryl & Danni.. 😉

Adders69
    Free Member

Sorry – X-Factor is back??? I simply cannot contain my indifference!

The good news is that if you don't watch programmes like this, then you don't have to suffer them … even better, if enough people stop watching them, they go away! So, by that logic, anybody watching X factor is actually encouraging the TV company to keep producing them …..

coffeeking
    Free Member

I'm fairly sure the ebola and anthrax would be destroyed by the phosphorous, thus negating their purpose.

Alcopop
    Free Member

I watch it with my kids it's great Saturday prime time viewing
    nothing more
    and as has been pointed out above use the off switch
    if you dont like it

pantsonfire
    Free Member

hels – Member

Bread and circuses.

Now theres a man who knows his history.

Nothing like a bit of the cruel and unusual to keep the plebian happy.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘That blinkin X-factor – burn it with anthrax, ebola and phosphorus.’ is closed to new replies.