Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Thanks to the two friendly guys at Afan today…
  • Richard85
    Free Member

Just got back from two days at Afan and thoroughly enjoy myself. The weather was excellent and the singletrack was the best I've ever ridden. I just want to say thanks to the two guys from Manchester for for sorting out my broken chain. It meant that I could finish off the amazing descent on White Levels. Again thanks.

Radioman

Good to hear there are good samaritans around.

When I rode Swinley last Sunday we had two incidents of guys coming downhill on some fairly mild trails while we were climbing, & of course we moved for them to freely pass, but they didnt even say a quick hello or thanks while passing !!

Maybe they were just beginners and were paralised with fear on the descents!

I have given away tubes & chain links on quite a few occasions in Wales. Last time i did the guy kindly posted a vid of me doing the sadly now defunct FR drops at Cwm Carn. Its good to keep the friendly MTB spirit going.

Ambrose

I stopped to help a bloke with a flat tyre once a few years ago. I fixed his tyre by replacing the tube and then pumped it up for him. As we were chatting away it turned out that 1: I was his daughter's biology teacher and 2: He was a wine importer. Next day in school I find three bottles of wine waiting for me, plus a nice new inner tube. Which was nice 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Thanks to the two friendly guys at Afan today…’ is closed to new replies.