Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Don't people use the forum search facility?
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

Slight rant ahead 🙂

[RANT]Why to people keep posting the same old questions time and time again, with pretty much the same answers. Don't people know STW Forum has a search facility or are they in too much of a rush to use it?

Some of the posts seem to be easily solved by a quick "google" or a quick look at the main online bike shops?[/RANT]

BigDummy
    Free Member

This rant has been done before.

foxyrider
    Free Member

This rant has been done before.

It obviously didn't work before – but I thought I would post it again to contradict my own rant BD 🙂

z1ppy

how about the tag's too, absolutely ace for marking similar thread/discussions.
    I happily tag stuff i want to be able to find easily later and am so pissed when I can't find threads that should have been tagged!

BigDummy
    Free Member

In all seriousness, people just like to chatter on, don't they? It's the nature of information exchange in the age of bull-sh!t, when expertise is dead. If you want to know something, ask an anonymous stranger and go with their first opinion. Searching the forum is too much like reading a book, which is for losers. 😉

tragically1969
    Free Member

Dont know about anybody else but i find the search a bit crap really, the search results are not formatted very well, not in IE8 anyway

Also be easier is the forum was split into categories too, i.e. suspension, frames, wheels, singlespeed etc etc.

I suspect that has been done to death too !!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Also be easier is the forum was split into categories too, i.e. suspension, frames, wheels, singlespeed etc etc.

good god no!

coffeeking
    Free Member

I find search functions in general a bit poor, often not returning posts I KNOW I have made myself, using phrases and words I know I've put into the post. Add to that that it's more personal and fun to chat than it is to use the forum as a book.

foxyrider
    Free Member

I wouldn't start that old chestnut 🙂 RUNNING AWAAAAYAYAYAAYYAYAYA…

tinsy
    Free Member

trajic it was all going so well, I agree the search thing isnt very intuitive, least for this dumbass, but n,o no, no, on your 2nd point.

I dont mind the repeat posts, sometimes there is a different slant on it, and to be honest if you dont fancy answering about mud tyres then you dont have to, so its no biggie.

psling
    Free Member

coffeeking, if you click on your username at top RH of page you'll get all your posts and topics started…

fozzybear
    Free Member

the search facility is pretty poor, it's getting better but still not great…

pantsonfire
    Free Member

Why do people feel the need to continually post "use the search facility"

If we werent allowed to repeat ourselves ad infinitum this forum would grind to a halt

tragically1969
    Free Member

Like i said, thought it would have been done before !!

nbt

That's the point of tags, surely.

perks

I think everyone is trying to up their "classifieds:bike:chat" ratios…

I know mine has been poor recently, what with having to sell a bike and everything…

(hides behind chair)…

dmiller
    Free Member

In all seriousness the site search sucks. No offense meant to Tom because most site searches suck.

I would suggest Google and using:

what_ever_you_want_to_find site:singletrackworld.com/forum

for example:

naked hora site:singletrackworld.com/forum

foxyrider
    Free Member

Perhaps then a quick mail to STW about the search facility is in order 😉

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

OP: Why didn't you use the search facility because you'll find this topic has been done before?

psling
    Free Member

People don't use the search facility in much the same way as they don't read the posts in a thread before replying ❗ 😉

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Don't people use the forum search facility?’ is closed to new replies.