Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 137 total)
  • Thanks for the encouragement! ( warning single ladies content)
  • LoulaBella
    Free Member

Just wanted to say thanks for inspiring me to start my own all girl riding group called 'Girls Who Ride' (some sniggers were heard about the name, ah well).
    After being dissapointed that I couldnt find any female friends who wanted to head out on the bikes a couple of people suggested starting a group. So after a few months prep and promotion we had our first 'social' meet and great last night. Old and new faces turned up, friendships were forged and plans were hatched.

First ride planned for October 10th at QE Country Park, boys and girls!

Some of the ladies are keen to meet some single chaps into riding so we thought a mixed ride would be a good opportunity.
    A skills training weekend away is planned for next year in ths Dales too.
    Here's to long and happy riding, cheers!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Oh dear – this is going to get messy after that 2nd paragraph!

Congrats on your new social scene though 8)

ourkidsam
    Free Member

ahem. I'll start.

Helloooooooo ladeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez!

Good luck with the group, hope it goes well

juan
    Free Member

Can we get the end of the eve pictures?
    You know the ones where little cloth is left on flesh, saliva got swap etc etc…

Ok OK mine is the brown one.

LoulaBella
    Free Member

Im afraid the end of the evening involved a cup of tea, biscuits and planning a trip to the Dales bike centre.

brown one?

juan
    Free Member

Yes my coat like in IGMC. Now I am wondering what kinda bloke would be interested in a group of girls that can't have wild parties 😉

therealhoops
    Free Member

ding (and may I add) dong!
    GWR girls rule!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Ding Dong

Heres hoping the ladies like middle aged niche obsessed IT consultants with an opinion on everything and knowledge of nothing….espscialy ladies

LoulaBella
    Free Member

Im sure we could drink you under the table juan! 🙂

crispybacon
    Free Member

brown one?

foxyboy was referring to his 'brown coat' as in "I'll get my coat" 🙂

Wow, you ladies really know how to have a good night out ending up with Tea & biscuits.

Good luck with your ladies riding group & keep posting the updates.

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

No pillow fights?

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Junkyard – we're not ALL IT consultants y'know!

Admittedly the rest is pretty damned accurate…

LoulaBella
    Free Member

Tea and biscuits was needed after too much cider and ale, and midweek binging I always live to regret. No pillow fights but we were arguing about who can do the biggest wheelie. After all we like bikes and not sleepovers where we braid each others hair and watch Friends dvd boxsets, urghh.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Hmmm, i sense an opportunity on several levels here..

When i start my Mountain Bike Leader Award i will be required to keep a log of rides wot i have led – may i offer my services free of charge?

😆

juan
    Free Member

Im sure we could drink you under the table juan!

Well considering I do not drinking alcohol… It's going to get problematic. We shoudl settle this on a ride, but I am fearing I'll end up in my underwear after you ladies mugged me of my kit…

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

but I am fearing I'll end up in my underwear after you ladies mugged me of my kit…

you think we want to listen to your seedy fantasies ?

TheDoctor
    Free Member

Great, that's just up the road from me 😀

And No we're not ALL IT consultants! How about a Dr 😉

juan
    Free Member

you think we want to listen to your seedy fantasies[/Quote]
    mwha ha ha ha
    Best "pot keetle black" of the year

LoulaBella
    Free Member

Juan you read my mind…
    Oh yes a Dr would be good, two of the ladies are trainee G.P's so you would have stuff in common, I think long work hours/studying dont do much for the romantic side of life and if your passionate about bikes its good to be with someone who feels the same.
    Plus we all agreed last night that blokes look so hot in MTB get up.

montylikesbeer

oh I say ding dong laydeeeeees.

Seriously hats off to you lot for getting out and organising what I am sure will become a great "club"

If you lot want to come over to Rossendale and have a go around the quarrys and MTL then drop us a line.

Chaperones can be provided as well !!

LoulaBella
    Free Member

If you lot want to come over to Rossendale and have a go around the quarrys and MTL then drop us a line.

Actually would love to! Could we set something up?

montylikesbeer

No worries drop me a mail and we can get something sorted out for you.

I'll get Graham G (justme), Mart (Mr Potatoehead) and Andy F to help out as well

woodsman
    Free Member

Well done in getting your own group/club together. QE Park eh, well I've been wanting to check out the place – may see you there.

Pete

sharki
    Free Member

*sits in the shadows just watching*

Kit
    Free Member

Um, if your group does well, fancy setting up a franchise near Edinburgh? Every lass I see up here on a bike is with their bloke 🙁

ourkidsam
    Free Member

'just' watching…?

LoulaBella
    Free Member

Its going to be Saturady 10th October 1pm meet at vistor centre QE Park (good coffee and cake). A bit of easy stuff to start, some skills stuff for some ladies who have never done anything too hectic. The lads that are coming are doing some seperate stuff and then we are all gonna meet up and have a beer at the end.

sharki
    Free Member

Ok watchin and learning then….

I don't have a problem in keeping the ladies, it's getting them in the first place i find difficult.

So if i sit and watch i can see what working and in most cases isn't.

sofatester
    Free Member

Me? The eighteenth duke of Richmond, on a bike ride, with a dozen lycra clad ladies, at 10am…with my reputation?

LoulaBella
    Free Member

Hey Kit its easy to do and I can give you a bit of help, having a sister group in Edinburgh would be ace. Especially if we arrange to come up for a weekends riding or something. I was sooo nervous last night wondering if anyone was gonna show after advertising it and all.

Sat in pub, posters on the table and some dutch courage, it went great!
    Ive got art work, application forms and all sorts of materials you can use if you want to start something.
    If we dont have the confidence to just do this stuff then clubs/groups wouldnt exist.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Some of the ladies are keen to meet some single chaps into riding so we thought a mixed ride would be a good opportunity.

Cue STW's biggest ride ever 😛

Diane
    Free Member

Well i'd be up for a sister group up north 😀

soma_rich
    Free Member

October 10th you say??
    hmm I will do my best to pop by havn't been to QECP for a while should be nice and leafy by then 🙂

mikey74
    Free Member

Planning any rides in the North Downs?

LoulaBella
    Free Member

I would be more than happy to help start other GWR groups, we discussed how great it would be if it grew into something 'bigger'. My email/contact are on my member profile. Please get in touch if you would like some help and we can create a network for GWR.
    I know I'm not terribly keen on facebook but we have a facebook group if your into that
    GWR Facebook.
    Im working on wordpress to get a blog up and running too and link it to other groups.

BluePalomino
    Free Member

Some of the ladies are keen to meet some single chaps into riding

so… are all the ladies single? anf if so what's wrong with them? 8)

DezB
    Free Member

I wonder… if I can actually persuade my wife to get on her bloody bike for this…

Whaddyamean I'm not supposed to mention having a wife? 🙂

stumpy01

Plus we all agreed last night that blokes look so hot in MTB get up.

Now I know this is all a wind-up. 😉 🙂

LoulaBella
    Free Member

50% are single. Im married so would welcome some more 'wives' DezB. I fell for my hubby cause he was a MTB rider and plays in a band, what more could a girl want? One of the plus sides of a mixed group ride is that it offers an environment for single girls to meet blokes on mutual ground (not a noisy pub/club) and you instantly have something to talk about, bikes/cake. The whole 'dating' thing came up last night beacause we discussed whether all rides were going to be just girls. Then the single ladies made it known that mixed rides arent a bad thing at all if your looking for some romance. Is that so weird?

LoulaBella
    Free Member

No its not a wind up.
    Plus some of the ladies know im posting on here today about the 'single' thing and will be interested to know what kind of reaction it gets, although I think they already knew 😉
    Jeez I feel like a mtb madam

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 137 total)

The topic ‘Thanks for the encouragement! ( warning single ladies content)’ is closed to new replies.