Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • TF tuned or DIY
  • grizzer
    Free Member

My forks need new air seals and iam gettin hardly any differance in rebound between full on and off, but think that might be low oil level ? i’ve stripped/cleaned and upped the travel before myself but think it might be time to let the experts have a look but nearly 100 smackers is giving me second thoughts….

18bikes

TF

coolhandluke
    Free Member

TF or Loco on here.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

diy for me if you can get the seals – they are simple enough to replace. Replace the air seals, replace the oil – see if that fixes it

mafiafish
    Free Member

Depends on the forks some are more complicated than others. Newer rock shox are very simple but I think fox Talas forks are more difficult. Check the online instructions for servicing and if you feel confident that you can do it give it a go! One tip. If the bolt is alloy treat it as such!

LoCo
    Free Member

What forks are they? Most Rockshox are ok to do if you enjoy fiddling, other brands and and models not so much, either way I can supply you the parts or do the whole job if want, drop me a mail for any advice 😀

Ambrose

Can you get hold of an old pair to practise on? I spent years thinking fork servicing was an arcane art. Then I discovered that with YouTube and manufacturer’s instructions it is really pretty easy.

Make sure that you are properly tooled up first- esp. rags; oils, seals, ‘O’ rings etc are all available online. I use Rock Oil SVI, SO much cheaper than RS or FOX.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘TF tuned or DIY’ is closed to new replies.