Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)
  • Tesco Jeans…….
  • tiggs121
    Free Member

……..are they any good?

£10 a pair just now.

MrNutt
    Free Member

the answer is in the question.

billybob
    Free Member

just the same as howies/levi’s etc… honest…

They just come with, if you are lucky, genuine child slaves blood.

loddrik
    Free Member

Does that make them worth any more?

ken_shields
    Free Member

A tenner……you extravagant bastid 😉

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Three quid?? For real??

You can’t beat that, eh??

(Expects someone to come along to attempt to justify £120 jeans at some stage shortly)

Gary_M
    Free Member

Do you get free clumpy white trainers with them?

Duke
    Free Member

You can buy jeans for £120…

There are far too many shiny bike bits for crazyness like that.

Gary_M
    Free Member

You can buy jeans for £120…

Yeh and you get expensive ones too.

jon1973
    Free Member

just the same as howies/levi’s etc….They just come with, if you are lucky, genuine child slaves blood.

Yeah, like Levi’s are made by middle class housewives in Surrey getting paid £12.50 an hour. 😉

allthepies
    Free Member

Ask the little Vietnamese kids who make them*, they should know.

* Pure speculation on my part, I’m sure in reality they’re made by skilled operatives on £45K / annum 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Can you get them in skinny fit?

jon1973
    Free Member

Three quid?? For real??

You can’t beat that, eh??

The trouble is with cheap jeans is that you end up looking like Jeremy Clarkson whatever age you are.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Can you get them in any sort of ‘fit’?

fozzyuk

Used to work as an expat briefly in some of these factories, all grim by our standards but by local standards often not. Queues round the block to get work people walking 40 miles for a chance of a job.

Any how, I remember an engineer spilling a load of oil, the supervisors grabbed handful of 501’s to wipe it up rather than use paper towels etc.

There will be a difference in quality with the Tesco ones but it’s in the design and while the Tesco ones cost a couple of quid to make a pare the 80 quid Levi’s cost 3 quid.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Tesco clothes are shit!! I bought some cotton cargos that have lasted two weeks at work, and apparently the fleeces which I also bought are made out of recycled plastic, which have caused a nice case of eczema on my elbow!! Cheap = shit

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

The trouble is with cheap jeans is that you end up looking like Jeremy Clarkson whatever age you are.

Stuff like that’s not meant to be ‘high fashion’ though, is it? If you just want a cheapo pair of jeans for working in and that, then they’re probbly perfect. Why waste money on spensive ones?

There will be a difference in quality with the Tesco ones but it’s in the design and while the Tesco ones cost a couple of quid to make a pare the 80 quid Levi’s cost 3 quid.

This is the bit the ‘designer’ brands don’t tell you. They’re pretty much all made in sweatshops in China or wherever.

AlasdairMc

Wrightyson – so are Patagonia fleeces, nothing to do with cost.

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

and apparently the fleeces which I also bought are made out of recycled plastic, which have caused a nice case of eczema on my elbow!! Cheap = shit

Sorry, I thought most of them are. I thought that was a design feature, not an indication of low quality.

On the one hand, people want something to do with all those recycled plastic containers, and then when they do, the enviromentalists are slagging them off. You cant win…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I have no problem with my tesco work jeans……….specially as it gives some poor kid in a third world country a bit of pocket money.

Mind you…..you wouldn’t catch me wearing any of your poncey Waitrose jeans.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

These are just any old jeans… these are middle class, middle aged, badly fitting, M&S jeans…

Gary_M
    Free Member

I don’t know how people could be seen dead in such cheap tat.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

So what do you do after you’ve shopped around for the most expensive pair of work jeans you can find………leave the price labels so that everyone can see how much you’ve paid ?

It does make me smile when I sometimes see blokes on building sites wearing Levis, specially when I know that they’re on pisspoor money………sad really though.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Brother In law works in the plastics industry and i think there are different “levels” of the recycled plastic used! I’m sure breathability has a certain ratio to the amount of Evian bottles In a fleece!?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Your eczema is not ’caused’ by the fleece, but by an allergic reaction to chemicals in the material. Probbly fine on other folk. The cheapness has absolutely nothing to do with it at all.

khani
    Free Member

Can’t beat tesco’s for value

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I don’t know how people could be seen dead in such cheap tat.

Maybe they just don’t care what others think of their dress sense, or maybe that’s all they can afford.

Clothes maketh not the man…

Saccades
    Free Member

i wear tesco jeans working in the lab and pottering about… they are grand, good fit and hard wearing… deniem is a little rougher mind.

chewkw
    Free Member

Yes, they are fine but not for me because of the shitty pockets.

ericemel
    Free Member

30 pairs will last longer than levi’s but at no point will they be nicer. Depends what you are afte I guess.

Go to Selfridges and its easy to find jeans for a £500+, I dont get it, just like some people don’t get a pair of £80 jeans.

They are all Jeans

RealMan
    Free Member

I’ve got quite a few pairs of jeans, I think the most expensive ones are probably around £50ish.

My favourite pair cost a tenner.

fatmax

Gap for me, but just for 36″ leg length, probably £30 a time and still going strong 10 years on. They will be a crap design/fit and fairly ropey material.

Big-M
    Free Member

I work with a lot of imported good from the far east.

I know for a fact that some clothing items in Primark are manufactured in the same factory and with the same material as items in Mothercare – very different price points, same cost price.

Kevevs
    Free Member

Forget Tescos, get to a charity shop. Cheaper, proper branded quality jeans, not that used, for 3-4 quid. and you can jean happy that your cash is doing something useful. I buy most of my non-cycling gear from charity shops, you’d be amazed at what you can find. It’s not cos I’m all ethical and caring, it’s cos it’s cheap and good quality and almost new!

And I got flamed for buying a pair of Quicksilver jeans?

With regards work gear, I probably pay more for that than going out gear actually.

Dewalt trousers & kneepads – £50
    Snickers Hi-viz winter trousers – £70
    Regatta Softshell (cheapo) – £30
    Dewalt Goretex boots – £80
    Hi-viz Goretex jacket – £120

SaxonRider

Kevevs +8.

(I’ve got a big family.)

duntmatter
    Free Member

Charity shops FTW!

Better than this..

(google image search showed this pic to be from STW 😯 )

Stoner
    Free Member

I get my Howies jeans from TKMAXX.
    £25 each. Win!

IanMunro
    Free Member

You had to spend a moment of your life in TKMAXX.
    Fail! 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

the briefest. And I didnt inhale 😛

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Tesco Jeans…….’ is closed to new replies.