• This topic has 21 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by RicB.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Terminator Salvation (spoilers)
  • pedalhead
    Free Member

What a big old load of shite. I was super excited to be watching this last night, on my way back from Afan (what a day!), but that McG chap just proved that the drivel of Charlie’s Angels 2 was no fluke. The story is pants…we don’t even get to see the rise of John Connor through the resistance, rather the film just starts in the middle of the war, with no time given to the characters at all. Terrible, horrible script, completely ham-acted (even by Bale – I can’t believe he agreed to do it based on that script), the token cutesy kid who can’t talk but is nevertheless really helpful at one point near the end and a syrupy message about the strength of the “human heart” against robots. How could the genius of T1 & T2 turn into this steaming load of excrement, oh yes…12A. agggghhhh! Don’t waste your time/money!

and breathe…

votchy
    Free Member

Does Arnie put in a cameo?

pedalhead
    Free Member

Glad I put spoiler in the title! Actually the only vaguely interesting bit is when a YOUNG Arnie, looking like he did in the first film, appears to chew bubblegum & kick arse…cgi obviously, but done quite well.

WackoAK
    Free Member

Yep, totally agree it’s utter bollox.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Gutted. I was really looking forward to it. Oh well I guess I can save the £6 and see something else.

neilforrow

I walked out of T3. T1 and T2 are great films. T3 was a joke.

TS is the same… I haven’t seen it and don’t want to … I know it will just annoy me.

The Terminator ride at MGM in Florida was crap too.. they had a T 1 million.

as the Americans say… crock of ….

peachos
    Free Member

yeah i went to see it last night too but didnt expect quite as much as you pedalhead from it. it could have been done far better – didnt have anything like a the darkness of T1&2.

but still, lots of huge explosions, fighting and machines to keep me from thinking for a couple of hours so not all that bad.

how similar was the final fight scene to the one in T2 – they ripped themselves off.

and the governator was in it for about a minute til he got his face blown off!

kimbers

i believe they used the original cast used in the eye popping bit from Terminator of arnies head

Creg

Thanks for the insight. A mate of mine has been pestering me to go and see it and I really didnt want to, not after the immense shitness that was T3.

Ill save my cash for something better (although when that will come along I have no idea. I have a feeling Transformers 2 is going to be utter crap)

waihiboy
    Free Member

FFS!!

was reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaally looking forward to T4, the trailers looked really dark and Bale taking the park i thought “he wouldn’t do a sh*t script” but i did have a feeling of, mmmmmmmm

T3 was utter b*llox, I might go all the same anyway….

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

neilforrow

‘I have a feeling Transformers 2 is going to be utter crap’

however it will have megan fox in it.. worth seeing just for that.

kimbers

sadly neil thats the problem with transformers, it shouldnt be about any humans, just robots beating the crap out of each other

as for T4, i was so hopeful, the trailers looked great, bale is usually a great selector of projects

McG is an incompetent **** however and as soon as he was tagged as director deep down i knew it was gonna suck

franki
    Free Member

I only liked the first terminator movie. (And that’s still one of my favourite films.)

The liquid metal terminator and Arnie’s superstar status ruined the second one for me.
    Third one was a joke. I’ll probably watch the new one when it makes it’s way onto TV.

chewkw
    Free Member

Story line was disappointment.

Arnie digitally appeared briefly with his World Body Building Champion look of the early 70s. (Think that look of his was in his mid 20s if I can recall).

jova54
    Free Member

Thanks pedalhead, saved me time and money.

I was tempted but when I heard that the director had done the two Charlie’s Angels films I had my doubts.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

That sounds disappointing. I may just go to see it anyway, I often disagree with the film facists on here.

Charlies angels were awful though, even on TV.

pedalhead
    Free Member

What really struck me was the mood of the audience afterwards. As soon as the credits started rolling I heard various groups of people discussing how crap it was, and on leaving the cinema everyone seemed really depressed, it was quite funny really. I guess Terminator is (was) one of the big film franchises that also had some credibility…not any more. God bless the new Star Trek though. Think I’ll go watch that again to cheer myself up.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Great extract from the Guardian review….

If the contest was about who can be the dullest, Bale would win hands down. His belligerent, resentful facial expression is that of a stunned ox, or a vexed moose, or a rhino that thinks it’s overheard someone calling its mum a slag.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Sorry to disagree with everyone, but I saw it on the first night and expected it to be a crock of crap due to the hype and me being really cynical these days but actually found it really enjoyable. I thought it was a lot better than Star Trek.

Had everything I was hoping for in the film and the machines were great. The fact that the director got everyone to read some classic Sci Fi beforehand to get into the mood I think really shows in the film. I think it is definately worth seeing especially at the cinema as the sound effects are awesome.

To the guy who said he wanted to see the rise of John conner through the resistance – now that would be a shite film!!! Can you imagine it!!!

billybob
    Free Member

this looks like it could be good fun….

Finally got round to seeing the new Star Trek yesterday was pretty good, not quite as good as I was expecting but I’ve gotta give the director credit for squeezing Sabotage onto the soundtrack…

Not sure about the new Terminator, too much time travel in films creates too many paradoxes… Transformers should be good, thought the first one would be poo – not bad for a movie based on a toy!

Guess the next film i’ll be watching will be Drag Me to Hell.

Ewan
    Free Member

Saw it last night.

Sh1te.

RicB

Saw it last night – what a disappointment 🙁

I blame the 12A rating completely. Except Dark Knight (which should have been a 15), can anyone name any decent 12A action films? They’re all watered down, emotionless cr4p. Loud, brash with no character development and just aiming to get funding for another sequel.

T1 and T2 were two of the best sci-fi action films ever made. T3 was awful, truly awful but did have a heart to it and some good moments.

T4 could have rounded the whole thing off nicely but instead spent 2hrs blowing stuff up and going nowhere. No character development – I was bored of JC after 20mins and Michael Ironside was underused and 2D, Marcus was interesting for a bit but got stupidly corny at the end.

Compare the tow truck chase to the T2 bike chase in the storm drains – absolutely no comparison.

I walked out of the cinema with the same feeling I had when i saw the Phantom Menace and that ain’t good :-/

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Terminator Salvation (spoilers)’ is closed to new replies.