Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Tell me about Log Cabins (Garden) please!
  • Konastoner
    Free Member

Any one here have any recomendations? Looking for a 5m x 5m for home office working, looked at the usual Google suspects but unsure about quality etc. The best one I seem to have found is from South West Log Cabins, anyone used or heard of them?

Cheers

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

No recommendations but your best bet would be to go to a decent garden show and see the exhibitors I would say.

Do Huff do them?

PeterStarkiss
    Free Member

I bought a cabin from Dunster House 18 months ago to use as a shed.

This may sound like an expensive option but compared to the brick built option it was less than half the price and no planning permission involved.

Decision making factors for me were wall thickness, I went for the 45mm option but they do a double skin insulated version which would be a good idea if you are going to use it as an office.

Double Glazing, good security feature.

Door / Windows position options, useful if you have an awkward site.

Mine arrived in hundreds of parts on the back of a lorry, very well packaged but the delivery was only "kerb side". I can understand their drivers are not there as labourers but do look out for this if you have to transport hundreds of wood sections somewhere else.

Another thing to consider is pressure treatment / surface finish.
    Dunster House kits come untreated which means the sections are perfectly straight and the machined grooves fit really well, just a rubber mallet required for a tight interlocked fit.

The downside of this is that I spent about four days treating every single piece with wood preservative – two coats as I want this to last.
    Then once built another layer of Cuprinol – it is definately going to last.

Build time for this "shed" was one day with two people. http://dhlogcabins.co.uk/uk/product/185/5122/35m-x-25m-carsaresup-sup-250-28mm-walls-double-glazed

You do need two people to lift and fit the larger sections and roof beams, also when you get on the roof having someone to pass things up save a lot of time.

18 months later, my shed is perfect and I would recommend the company.

TheCruzer
    Free Member

Hi, I bought a xt rear mech off you but it hasnt arrived. I have emailed you a few times with no reply. can you plese get intouch.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about Log Cabins (Garden) please!’ is closed to new replies.