Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Tent for Mountain Mayhem?
  • JAG

Hi All,

This is my first year at Mountain Mayhem and I’m going as a member of a four man team.

I’m wondering; do I NEED a tent?

Could I manage out of the back of my car?

With the seats down I can get everything in the only issue would be somewhere to sleep – but does anyone sleep?

I’m hoping some of the more ‘Mayhem experienced’ could offer some suggestions.

Adv(Thanks)ance 😆

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I know some one who has done it, and no you dont really need sleep/get sleep if your just going for the 2 days.

However, what you I would say is handy about a tent is that you can stand up to get changed etc.

Have to add though… when your not riding and its peeing it down with rain its nice having a tent that you can lye down in for 30mins or even stand up in!

Same goes for when its erm sunny and warm and you want to be out of the sun.

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Use a tent, the worse thing you could imagine is getting in from a soaking wet lap and trying to get changed in a car when your legs are cramping up due to the confined space.

soma_rich
    Free Member

Bigger the tent the better, your going to get wet and muddy, somewhere dry to work on your bike, get changed and eat is really important.

will
    Free Member

Yeah, bigger the better. Or a Gazebo, with some sides on it.

crazy-legs

Definitely take a tent – there’s nothing worse than trying to change in a cramped cold car, trying to find your kit down the sides of the seats and the noise of slamming car doors is annoying to everyone else trying to sleep as well.

Biggest tent you’ve got, if there’s space to hang wet/used kit as well that’s a bonus. Bin bags for all old kit on one side of the tent, all the new/clean stuff on the other side so you can easily find everything at 3am.

Tent will be warmer than a car as well although there is always the danger that it’s less waterproof and more likely to blow away. 😉

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

When Mark Webber (F1 driver) did it, he stayed in his car 😯

njee20
    Free Member

Last year I just slept in my boot (Golf hatchback), was fine. Put bike and stuff in someone else’s car. Seats flat, sorted.

shortcut

Tent is good. Team Gazeebo is also very useful.

As are chairs, stoves, BBQ and a decent coffee maker.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Tent for Mountain Mayhem?’ is closed to new replies.