• This topic has 26 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by JoeG.
Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • North Korea – paper tiger?
  • Pieface

So their highly controversial and ‘threatening’ rocket launch failed fairly spectacularly

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-17698438

is this not a demonstration to show that actually there’s very little to fear, and that Iran is also possibly and empty threat?

Is this all just political posturing to make us feel threatened and side with our weak leaders (I’m looking at Cameron and Obama here)

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Any excuse for a war…

MSP

There’s money to be made in war.

scuttler

Lovin the control room, particularly the wiggly line display. Soooo James Bond circa 1963.

Good on em for giving it a go though given the minimal assistance they get.

s
    Free Member

MSP – Member
    There’s money to be made in war.

+1

ohnohesback
    Free Member

They should’ve built a monorail. You’ll never succeed in world domination without one.

teef
    Free Member

If you keep the public in a constant state of fear of the unknown, you have complete control over them

IanMunro
    Free Member

Lovin the control room, particularly the wiggly line display

Yeah, I spotted that too on the video 😀
    Looks like someone was told to plug their mp3 player at the appropriate moment into the audio port of the pc.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

I wonder where the experimental USAF airborne laser was circling yesterday 😉

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZPKJ9TEzDA[/video]

Pieface

I was thinking the control room was more Thunderbirds than James Bond

wrecker
    Free Member

If you keep the public in a constant state of fear of the unknown, you have complete control over them

Who’s scared of the unknown? The west? (I’m not) the North Koreans (likely) Iran (even more likely)
    War is profitable, but unfortunately not for the poor bastards who have to go and fight them.

JAG

That Laser takes a long time to do anything to the missile huh ❓

richmtb

The North Koreans are pretty much realiant on foreign aid to feed their people.

But they also have nuclear weapons and one of the largest standing armies in the world.

The most amazing thing about the North Korean regime is the fact it has survived so long. Totalitarianism it seems is a pretty successful form of government.

kimbers

i must admit z11, the first thing i thought was did the yanks bring it down, although i was thinking more along the lines of the cyber attack they(/israel) did on iran

scaredypants

In that control room pic, one of the guys on the back right desk is definitely facepalming – he’d obviously forgotten something quite important 😳

batfink
    Free Member

Rock, scissors, paper, tiger, lizzard, spock?

Tiger eats lizzard?

zokes
    Free Member

They should’ve built a monorail. You’ll never succeed in world domination without one.

Sydney’s getting rid of theirs – maybe they can let North Korea have it?

BermBandit
    Free Member

Does make you wonder what the yanks have up their sleeve doesn’t it? All I know is that each stage of their “secret” technologies have only become public when it suited them. By the time we knew about U2 the Blackbird was nearly an antique, when we knew about that people were reporting stealth fighters as UFO’s and so on. Personally I reckon you can bet your bottom dollar that if we knwow about the missle nailing laser they are well past that already. Who knows?

Pieface

U2 are a secret US Weapon?

I always thought Bono had an overinlfated ego

enduro-aid
    Free Member

you really do have to wonder after this cock up how long will they last before china thinks right that it were having you!! your an embarissment to commies

stewartc
    Free Member

I like how the control room is setup so that they can use a floor mounted projector, does that room not have a ceiling?

kimbers

Good on em for giving it a go though given the minimal assistance they get.

i dare you to google images ‘north korea starving’ and see if you still agree with that statement

GrahamS

I like how the control room is setup so that they can use a floor mounted projector, does that room not have a ceiling?

Yes, but the ceiling is the fake lava for the volcano.

portlyone

Did it really crash? I mean really. Were you there? I smell cover up *dons extra layer of foil*

Pieface

And I’m sure the Google results will be *Totally* unbiased..

andytherocketeer

The white lab coats is a bit JB.

If there’s oil then there’s certainly money to be made in war.

JoeG
    Free Member

Successful launch of a satellite is 1950s technology. The Soviets first did it in 1957.

In the past, sometimes North Korea has followed missile failure with a nuclear test; mid-40s technology that the can’t get right, either.

I wonder what level North Korean mountain bike technology is at?

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘North Korea – paper tiger?’ is closed to new replies.