Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Tennis Elbow
  • castanea
    Free Member

Evening. Been suffering with tennis elbow and a dodgy wrist on my right arm. I need to use it a lot at work. I don’t have the inclination to go to the gp. I can’t afford the private physio so have turned to the hive mind for ideas on exercises to assist in its recovery. What have you done that works or does this just go away given time?

howarthp

It’s worth checking it is actually tennis elbow rather than many other conditions it could be. If it is then this is one of the most effective exercises:

http://www.thera-bandacademy.com/tba-exercise/FlexBar-Tyler-Twist-for-Tennis-Elbow

wiggles
    Free Member

Stop playing tennis

castanea
    Free Member

I don’t play tennis, well not that often. It’s mostly form climbing at work everyday and dragging heavy things.

I’ll give that exercise a go howarthp although it might exacerbate an old wrist injury I have. Which is probably not helping the elbow already.

jambalaya
    Free Member

There was another thread recently, have a search

PeterStarkiss
    Free Member

Also had this on and off since November. Mentioned it to a neighbour who said “try this” and gave me a Velcro strap for the forearm.

Idea is that is applies pressure to the tendons and stops them breaking free.(excuse non medical explanation. )

Anyway, three days use and far far less pain and better use of the arm.

castanea
    Free Member

I got one of those straps a few months ago and it is alright for relieving the pain a little during heavy use.

Cheers for that jambala, there is a good link to an article written for climbers here.

So in summary there is no magic cure, deep tissue massage is highly rated followed by exercises from the physio/interweb. Acupuncture is potentially helpful. Spending time building shoulder strength can be helpful to give the elbow an easier time. Cortisone injections are good for hiding the injury.

mildly boring really. o well thanks for the pointers.
    Off to get some tea and watch some crap telly.

langylad
    Free Member

Had the velcro thing on my arm as well but was given to me by a physio friend and she had to place the pressure point quite carefully for it to work. Cheap but needs some advice

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Tennis Elbow’ is closed to new replies.