Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Tendonitis, pain in the …….
  • andy8442
    Free Member

I’ve been prone to Tendonitis for years now. I’m currently suffering with chronic tennis elbow, and my left knee was giving me gip after a bike ride this morning. The knee will be fine in the morning (touch wood) but the elbow has been going on for some months now,and is unbelievably painful, but is work related,and I can’t do anything about it! (self employed) so……… Has anyone got any tips?

I use freeze gel and Ibruleve, and I’m going to the Osteo, and I take Cod Liver oil tablets, but does anyone else recommend anything that has worked for them?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Are you sure you can not do anything about it? Ie have you been to the docs?

lemonysam
    Free Member
    sobriety
    Free Member

Disclaimer: IaNaD, if you do this and it buggers you up more, then it’s your own silly fault.

When I has a similar elbow problem from playing squash, I found a powerball really helped it, to the point where one day when I was powerballing, something in my forearm went ‘pop’ and the problem went away and hasn’t been back since, which was nice.

andy8442
    Free Member

Thanks for the links. I’ve just been doing some of the stretches on the ukclimbing site and feel they are giving me much more of a stretch than I’ve been doing. I’m actually looking for something more long term preventative really, ie suppliments. I’m going to give yoga a go again when I’m 100%. As for my knee, I think I need to look at my SPD cleats, which I think are wearing out and may be putting my knees in a funny position.

Edukator
    Free Member

I assume you’ve been for a dental check up.

PePPeR

Tendonitis, check, what’s your age?

Is it rheumatoid arthritis? Usually starts between 40-50

andy8442
    Free Member

40-50yrs would be correct. Yep, I’m thinking at some point it will turn into that, but for now its just a recurrence of tennis elbow that appears every 3-4 years. So how do you stave off Arthritis?

PePPeR

Don’t know how to stop it, but they do say get down your doctors and talk to them.

I’m 47 and I’m falling to pieces, I drive 400 miles + every day and I can barely walk out of my van when I stop as everything seizes up when I stop moving.

bones
    Free Member

I’ve had success with the pronation & supination exercises here:
    http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=6156
    I do both stages of the exercises single-handed, and gradually work up to a decent weight.

lemonysam
    Free Member

more long term preventative really, ie suppliments.

That’s what a lot of those exercises are for, if you find out how to supplement away tendonitis you’ll make a fortune.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Tendonitis, pain in the …….’ is closed to new replies.