Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Theraband FlexBar.
  • singlespeedstu

Anyone ever used one to try and get rid of tennis elbow?
    how did you get along with it?

singlespeedstu

No one?
    Any other exercises that will help?

singlespeedstu

Anyone from the evening crowd?

lemonysam
    Free Member

Climbers almost all suffer with tennis elbow from time to time, these have worked for me in the past:
    http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=6156

Ewan
    Free Member

I’m a climber and have used one for golfers elbow (opposite to tennis elbow). It did offer some help, but I solved the problem by taking up push ups which seems to be a better agnostic exercise.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Can’t really see how it would work for tennis elbow.

teasel
    Free Member

I solved the problem by taking up push ups which seems to be a better agnostic exercise.

Heh. I had to google it as I’m terrible with the correct term for things in general but I think you meant agonist.

But yeah, I had a physio recommend a pike press for my elbow issue. It was quite intense pain to start with, seemingly counterproductive, but I don’t have even the slightest twinge anymore.

No experience of bands but the first thing I tried was some weird ball that you’re supposed to squeeze, release and repeat. It did nothing for me.

lemonysam
    Free Member

I do push ups as a sort of prophylaxis but they don’t solve the problem when I have it*, the forearm pronations in the link above work like a charm.

*usually on thw way back from Font.

shermer75
    Free Member

Here you go, eccentric loading of the forearm extensors:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKhnYlUz9pA[/video]

Ewan
    Free Member

Heh. I had to google it as I’m terrible with the correct term for things in general but I think you meant agonist.

Yep that’s the one. Ukclimbing has an article on different exercises to do with the bar, def one for tennis elbow.

singlespeedstu

Thanks all.

donks
    Free Member

See if you can find my post from a few weeks ago re-tennis elbow… Some good tips on there. I’m off to physio on Friday to try and resolve it or its game over for my climbing…. Friggin hurts.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Theraband FlexBar.’ is closed to new replies.