Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Ten under the Ben – accomodation
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

Hey folks,

Whats the deal with accomodation for ten under the ben this year? First time there and whilst we have our entry all sorted, accomodation isn’t yet booked. Can’t seem to get in contact with anyone from no fuss to book a spot onsite however, have now mailed them 3 times about it with no response.

Anyone else going, and what are you plans?

Thanks

fasthaggis

Glad we had a caravan last year .Watching the tents blowing down the car park was almost the highlight of the day :D.

Not going this year,Tweedlove and the GT7 gets my money.

radoggair
    Free Member

just turn up night before, pay your £3 or whatever it is there and then to the marshall at the car park ( or book camp tickets online), then park up where you wnat. 1st come best spot type of idea. I’ve booked a backpackers hostel 2 or 3 miles away, stay there overnight in warmth and then travel next day to race HQ. Camping is good but last year conditions were awful ( see sleet and snow at top of hill). I’d book a near by hotel if i was you or a B&B

stevemtb
    Free Member

Don’t think I got charged for camping in the car park last year.

Struggling not to swear at Fasthaggis now as I was one of those tentists 😆

Was far from a great night sleep but my pop up tent did a lot better than some of the bigger ones. Back seats of my van for me this year, bought it a few weeks ago with the thought of how much better it will make 10utB fresh in my head!!

dyna-ti

Campsite last year was i think a shinty pitch and was totally infested with huge flying insects not just midgies i think these are ‘clegs’.

If you can pitch on hard and use a campbed i’d go for that

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Ten under the Ben – accomodation’ is closed to new replies.