Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Tell me about Yelli screamys
  • rOcKeTdOg

Fancy something for messing about in the woods on rather than long XC rides, anyone got/had one care to comment

wallop

I too am interested in these and I would like to know the fundamental differences between these and the Nimble 9s.

Rorschach
    Free Member

They are teh rad to the powa of sik orsum.
    That is all :mrgreen:

singlecrack
    Free Member

I think you know the answer …..as always ….prob the best 29er hard tail for laughing out loud on

Oh and the Nimble 9 is heavier and not so stiff ………but you can run ss

Edit .and they’re both best in Black …. 8)

weeksy

TBH i didn’t get what the fuss was about. Whilst the bike was arguably the wrong size for me, i don’t feel it was any ‘better’ in any way shape or form than my XTC29er. I’d be interested to know the logisitcs of the overall length as i think the Yelli was about 3″ longer wheelbase, this made it slow steering and found me over-cooking some corners at time, even with a 50mm stem on there (Giant has a 90mm).

It was for sure easier to wheelie and play on that the Giant… but the biggest issue for me was the rear end flex. It felt like it was flexing/drifting all over the place and quite ‘wandery’ at times.

I could have lived possibly with the sizing being wrong, but i just didn’t gel with the bike hugely.

singlecrack
    Free Member

In response to weeksy…..I’ve also had an Xtc 29er and to be honest I thought the rear on that was flexy to the point you could hear the rear disc rubbing on switchbacks …..but the stearing on the Giant is super quick …almost to the point of tankslappers when it gets fast and rough ……..but that’s it……..one is mostly xc based and the other is more trail based

weeksy

one is mostly xc based and the other is more trail based

I’m one of these people who think that’s the same thing lol.

singlecrack
    Free Member

Weeksy….like I said before I think your problem was the wheels …I used the wheels from my Xtc and put them on the Yelli. and it wandered like you mentioned until I had them rebuilt properly ,they’ve been fine since….I didn’t notice this problem on the Xtc..

ska-49
    Free Member

Opposite to my experience! I absolutely love mine.

I find that it has fantastic playful geo. When running it with 50mm stem I can happily do everything I could do on my foia. It manuals nicely and the rear end is very ‘flicky’. Ive had no problems on tech stuff either. I can happily 180 it and whip it. I think you may have had the wrong size for what the frame is intended for weeksy.

Recently put a 75mm stem on it and it climbs nicely too. I used to have a chumba hx2 but this frame blows it out the water. The chumba was a pig to be play with in comparison.

Not had any issues at all with rear flex on a medium running stans flow hope hoops- not after 180s or landing tables etc. Im a smooth rider but I have in the past felt flex on bikes- none of that here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpFWiwPn_io (Nothing impressive- just showing how agile it can be )

weeksy

I didn’t have the PXC’s on it mate, i had a pair of WTB’s i bought on CRC a month or so before hand. Well, that’s not the truth, i DID have the PXC’s on there as well for a couple of rides… but a couple on the WTB’s too…. i can’t say i noticed a huge difference, if any at all between the 2 sets.

I don’t want to put the guy off, but he was asking for opinions, mine is of course only my opinion and it could easily be argued i’m not really a good enough rider to appreciate a Yelli, i’m a wheels on the floor XC kind of guy, rather than a gnar monkey with jumps and gaps in my arsenal.

singlecrack
    Free Member

I’m one of these people who think that’s the same thing lol.

Perhaps that’s where you went wrong 😉

Oh and yours wasn’t black ……falling at the first hurdle ….. 😆

phil56

I rode one for a few days in Utah and was so impressed I bought one home with me – and I really didn’t need another bike! Mines a large, so if that suits and you fancy a ride on one get in touch.

weeksy

i happend to like Lilac 🙂

charliedontsurf

They are great.
    The yelli is alloy with a more dropped top tube
    The nimble is steel
    Both have the same main angles
    Very chuck able and confident on steep tech chutes.
    … And I have a large nimble demo bike.

It now has salsa bend2 bars and no gears

rOcKeTdOg

i think i’d be looking at a lrg (18″ and 24.5 TT iirc) the XL even though it’s a 20″ and more what size i’d ride generally has a mahoosive TT over 25″ that seems enormous to me, or am i completely wrong? i’m 6ft2″ btw

Rorschach
    Free Member

The geo is skewed by the offset and very slack seat tube.I’m 6’2″ aswell and ummed and ahhed between a large and an xl.Went with an xl in the end and with a 60mm stem and in-line (waiting on a thomson dropper) post its absoluely spot on.I guess I could get the same position with a set back post and a longer stem but I’ve still got masses of stand over height on the xl (I’d have to run a 410mm post on the limit on a large) and I think the ‘smaller bikes are more chuckable’ line is mostly bollox anyway 🙂
    Not convinced about the rear end being flexy…have you seen the size of the stays 😯 Not something I’ve noticed.
    Riding it properly makes me laugh out loud (no mean feat) and it’s not exactly a chore to bash out the miles,though not quite as spritely as my 18lb rigid ss.
    If you’re Llandegla/north wales bound you’re more than welcome to take mine for a spin.

martinh
    Free Member

6′ 4″ and love my Large Yelli. I’d never consider getting an XL.

However due to injuries sustained earlier in the year I’m only riding my FS at the moment so the Yelli is up for sale. Email me if you’re interested Mr Rocket.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about Yelli screamys’ is closed to new replies.