Viewing 37 posts - 41 through 77 (of 77 total)
  • What bike you riding most right now?
  • Rorschach
    Free Member

A big porcelain one right now.

stratman
    Free Member

Another one for the road I’m afraid

LMT
    Free Member

Another one for a roadie, i just don’t have the time to get to cannock or anywhere else at the moment. Family stuff just taking over, at least with my roadie i can just hop on do an hour then back to reality.

The roadie in question is a Giant Rapid 4, the gutting thing is i have a brand new speshi sat in the bike cupboard just need a free day to get out.

slparsons
    Free Member

Mostly riding my Fargo at present.

saxabar
    Free Member

Weekends for bouncy bike and two or three days on the skinny bike. In hours, that means mtb wins. Phew.

mrmo
    Free Member

somewhat amused that on a mountain bike forum lots of peeps choose road bikes when the going gets muddy – always thought that was part of the fun!:

There is mud and there is mud and after 20+years i have got tired of the cleaning, the wearing out, the hassle, expense, etc.

steve_b77
    Free Member

It’s been the road bike for most of the last 2 months, especially since I have less time due to mini-me coming on the scene and the weather being so rubbish and I don’t see the point in destroying the natural trails in the woods near me.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

mrmo – Member
    There is mud and there is mud and after 20+years i have got tired of the cleaning, the wearing out, the hassle, expense, etc.

Then perhaps the Golf Course beckons? 😯

Been riding since c1990 and still having a hoot in the mud.
    30K ride round Dorset’s muddy trails this morning, covered in mud, quick hose of the bike, lube, shower for me and ready for more fun.
    Go on, get dirty, you know you want to really! 😀

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Surprisingly my Scalp has been used more than anything else recently.

mildred

Orange Blood everyday at the moment. It’s looking a right mess due to the mud but for someone who is particularly anal about maintenance, I just can’t be arsed cleaning it.

This bike, despite yet another disfunctional RP23, is rapidly turning into my all time fave.

hugor
    Free Member

456 summer season hardtail as I’ve just cracked my Niner RIP9. Fairly noticable difference in ride quality!

continuity
    Free Member

Bucko

My winter bike! I bought a SS Inbred with carbon forks back in April as I decided I’d like a winter bike next year but it’s pretty much been my go-to bike since. It’s pretty crap but I’m enjoying it

davidjohn
    Free Member

For me it’s this one.. http://vimeo.com/46886347

DJ

robsoctane
    Free Member

My most “do it all” bike… The Trek Fuel EX full custom.ove that bike, can really do it all!

Bernaard
    Free Member

Mostly this

But had a play on this this morning

Which was nice

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

My fixed gear TT bike. You want niche? You can’t handle the niche.

surlynot
    Free Member

Surly Pugsley.

😛

takisawa2

Loving my Ute more than any other at the moment.

IMAG0797 by pten2106, on Flickr

yunki
    Free Member

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

another road bike here. Only bought it last year and hadnt ridden road for 20yrs prior. Really found my road mojo and the advantage of being able to just get out for an hour or so when opportunity arises.

Havent ridden off-road since a week with bikeverbier end of june. Off to North wales for a few days next week with the mtbs and hopefully will be dry enough to re-capture my enthusiasm for off road.

Gribs

Mainly my road bike recently as the local paths are sodden and I haven’t felt like driving to more sustainable trails.

slowboydickie

I thought this was supposed to be a mountain biking forum? Everyone is on a road bike it seems.

2010 alloy epic with a 120 fork.

rkk01
    Free Member

I thought this was supposed to be a mountain biking forum? Everyone is on a road bike it seems.

Indeed. Normally take the mtb as preference, but for commuting at the mo it’s just easier to take the roadie.

AlasdairMc

Road bike – Van Nicholas Mistral

I’ve almost stopped mountain biking as my local trails are pretty much underwater and I don’t seem to have the time to go away for a full MTB day anymore. However, I do still love mountain biking so will go back to it once the road bike novelty wears off.

stratman
    Free Member

Now on holiday in the lakes, and have brought the giant anthem rather than the road bike ( see above). First ride included hub deep puddle – but I can feel the road bike fitness in my legs. I’ll carry on doing both.

messiah
    Free Member

Thankfully (at last) we have seen the sun for a few days this summer so I have been able to justify this.

_tom_
    Free Member

Little vid of me doing said roller manual on my favourite bike as posted above 🙂 feels so good when you get em smooth!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lMHx2j29jE[/video]

bigrich

I’ve separated my shoulder being rubbish at DH, so I’m using my Boardman team CX to ride the singletrack. It’s probably good for my legs, as I have to sit and spin.

composite
    Free Member

Only a couple of weeks back after a broken arm. Only commuting but hoping to be able to get off road in the next week or 2.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

somewhat amused that on a mountain bike forum lots of peeps choose road bikes when the going gets muddy – always thought that was part of the fun!

Depend how you define fun!

I’m all for a bit of slippery slidey action, but on my usual “spin the legs for a bit of fitness in the evenings rather than watch TV” loop there’s an option to add in a few miles of bridleway. It’s under a foot of mud and took me over an hour and a half to cover 5 miles and would have been quicker to leave the bike at the start, walk it, then walk back down the normal route and pick it up!* Doing that once was a bit different, a bit of an adventure, and when it wasn’t calf deep in horse shit, fun. Doing it every night would be self abuse!

I’m currently riding my rigid Singular Swift as it’s the best at copeing with they shitty conditions whilst still being a bundle of fun on the occasional dry(ish) decent.

*And it’s not the worst one, there’s another one which just skirts arround the border of soem fields before droping into some woodsy singletrack, that remained passible even over the winter. It’s so wet that water is flowing out of the hillside and down the fields in continuous strems!

_tom_
    Free Member

somewhat amused that on a mountain bike forum lots of peeps choose road bikes when the going gets muddy – always thought that was part of the fun!

For me its more about where I live. Would probably be on the mtb more if I lived closer to somewhere decent to ride, but I can’t be arsed with driving an hour or two to ride in the rain or a bog. Besides most of my riding is jumps etc which tend to be crap in the wet and it can ruin the lips if it’s too soft..

bigrich

what could possibly go wrong?

cupid-stunt
    Free Member

This seems to be a who’s the biggest geek thread

yunki
    Free Member

cupid stunt – Member
    This seems to be a who’s the biggest geek thread

but all done in the best possible taste..?

Andy-R

Singular Hummingbird rigid singlespeed and Trek Top Fuel 69er are probably getting the most use at the minute.

njee20
    Free Member

My dinosaur-like Trek Madone gets about 90% of my riding time at the moment! At most a weekly ride on the MTB.

Viewing 37 posts - 41 through 77 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘What bike you riding most right now?’ is closed to new replies.