Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • Tell me what car to buy oh wise Singletrackers
  • stilltortoise
    Free Member

fortunately not bikebuoy. The garage have been pretty good at keeping me informed.

@monkeysfeet I went for black with red sport seats. It looks MINT and so much more interesting than the standard interior. It winked at me as soon as I opened the door 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

stilltortoise – Member
    I went for black with red sport seats.

I see, the full vulva look then 😯

stilltortoise
    Free Member

</prepares witty riposte, then thinks better of it> 😆

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Nice. I really like the interiors of BMW. 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

It’s ok, we/I took the piss out of Kryton when he was choosing his Alfa all those months ago too..

Do you have a pair of shades to go with your new Status Symbol?

Make sure the yellow flashy things work, BMW offer up an option to fit bulbs, £50 a corner..

Have fun with it, sounds great 😀

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I practised my “surprisingly courteous” act when I had it on an extended test drive at the weekend. I let people out at junctions and used indicators. It will pass 🙂

stilltortoise
    Free Member

UPDATE:

Really really happy with the 1 Series 😀 Cruises the motorways comfortably and efficiently and is a joy on the windy B roads; it turns-in so effortlessly. Once out of 1st gear it is quite free-revving and much more refined than previous clattery diesels I’ve had. It pulls much more consistently across the rev range than a lot of diesels that have an obvious turbo sweet spot. First gear and idling is unmistakably diesel-like but I can live with that.

On the down sides the acceleration is not *quite* as brisk as I would like; there’s no huge turbo-shove that a lot of 2 litre turbo diesels have. I sometimes wish the engine was a bit more raucous sounding, but that’s just the ex-Boxster owner in me missing that flat six sound. Also, at speed on bumpy B-roads the body control isn’t quite as tight and refined as I’d like, not helped by the steering being a little lighter than my preference.

Overall impressions are ace though. I look at it admiringly and can’t wait for opportunities to have a drive.

Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘Tell me what car to buy oh wise Singletrackers’ is closed to new replies.