Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Tell me bout your 2010 Stumpy FSR Expert Carbon
  • Deevass
    Free Member

I don't know anyone who owns one apart from me, pics, upgrade choices (if possible), thoughts on the ride, what do you think people, feed me :o)

catnash
    Free Member

Tried to buy one a few months back, there werent any in my size….have to wait till the frame only versions come out.

stumpy01

What a coincidence. My Stumpy Elite had to go back for warranty frame replacement and I only picked it up today.
    They have upgraded it to the Pro Carbon frame – carbon with deep red accents. Also upgraded to the Brain shock.

Am really pleased with it – it looks fantastic. I'll keep it standard for a while, but it would really benefit from some swanky bars & seatpost.

Could do with some advice on the brain. How firm do u normally run it and when setting sag do u back the Brain right off to do so?

Deevass
    Free Member

I run the rear end as stiff as possible as I like it that way as my riding is probably 60% XC and the rest technical loveliness :o) I probably have the brain set three clicks back from the stiffest setting and set sag at about 20% buy I can't say I've ever backed the brain off to set the sag. I swapped the post and stem out for Thomson and went to a 70mm stem which works well for quick changes in direction. Good work on getting the Carbon Pro chap, very stealth. I'm thinking of swapping out the stock rims for Rovals, then again I'm just spending about 400 notes for a reduction of 400 grams, then again I am a fettling tart!!

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Got the 2008 carbon pro. Running the shock and fork at much lower than recommended pressures seems to work better. Still not sure about the brain, and about to order a Pushed RP23.

I also switched to 70mm stem, and changed to SDG saddle with I beam. which is less creaky that the thomson and a cheap way to lose weight, And a hope clamp. The spesh one fell apart.

Deevass
    Free Member

Be interesting to hear how you get on with the pushed RP23. I was sceptical about the brain but so far it does the job although the occasional knock it gives is a bit disconcerting!! Can't help but wonder the difference it would make swapping out the brain and float for an RP23….but not until the brain gives it up..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Tell me bout your 2010 Stumpy FSR Expert Carbon’ is closed to new replies.