Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Tell me about rubber queens!!!
  • chrisdiesel
    Free Member

I’m going on my first proper mountain bike holiday in a few weeks I’ve been advised by mike at switchback that I need duel ply tyres. I intended to run my 2.2 ust black chilli compound queens but I’ve now been looking at 2.4 again ust black chilli but I can only find apex 2.4 but don’t seem to have ust??? Is the non apex 2.4 BC ust have duel ply???

wrecker
    Free Member

Very good tyres if a little heavy.
    Range;
    http://www.conti-tyres.co.uk/conticycle/ti%20rubberqueen.shtml

Northwind

Black chili ones are pretty decent. Non-chili ones are refugees from the late 80s, slow heavy and remarkably ungrippy.

chiefgrooveguru

I’d be surprised if you have problems with UST ones, they have a much tougher carcass than the standard single-ply versions although they’re not as robust (or as heavy) as a dedicated DH tyre.

jedimindtricks
    Free Member

I’ve got the 2.4″ BCRQs on my jedi and they’re insanely good all-rounders. I don’t think these are worth it if they’re not the black chilies, just normal rubber otherwise.

I really want the 2.2″s on my Orange but can’t afford it atm.

feisty
    Free Member

very good tyres but don’t like the flint on the South Downs, the sidewalls looked very thin looking a the cut.

I never used them on the bike only my old 26″ mountain Uni, where it performed fantastically even at 18 psi with all my weight on one wheel and lots of torsional force in turns etc, they are heavy for what they are though, my 29″ NN snakeskins are much lighter and far tougher and grippier so maybe try them in 26″?

If you don’t ride on flint then I am sure you won’t be disappointed (have to be black chilli version though)

wrecker
    Free Member

The USTs are tougher ^^^^
    Also, schwalbe tyres are now thought to be a bit dodgy tubeless.

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

So is the 2.4 RQBC ust duel ply or the same as my 2.2 tyres? Does apex mean duel ply or is apex some thing else???
    Anyone know anyone with any in stock everywhere out side of German doesn’t have any???
    Thanks guys

feisty
    Free Member

schwalbe tyres are now thought to be a bit dodgy tubeless.

Because Stan says so? Not being funny but where is the proof of this, I have a few hundred miles on mine and they are great on my 355s, sealed up with no sealant first go with a track pump due to a lovely fit, haven’t seen any posts on here other than people praising the fit of the Tubless Ready Schwalbes unless I missed them all?

Unless you go full UST you are always going to be a bit hit or miss going tubeless with some tyres and rim combos?

chiefgrooveguru

Chris, I’d tell Mike @ Switchbacks that you have 2.2 UST Rubber Queens on the bike and ask him if you need anything more heavy duty. Technically they’re actually triple ply tyres but Continental’s DH tyres are sextuple (6) ply!

Northwind

feisty – Member

haven’t seen any posts on here other than people praising the fit of the Tubless Ready Schwalbes unless I missed them all?

You must have tbh, it’s a common theme- there’s a thread going on the subject right now.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about rubber queens!!!’ is closed to new replies.