Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Tell me about Loco tuning…
  • wl
    Free Member

I get the impression this outfit is great for servicing/tuning etc. Anyone like to confirm or contradict this…

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Ill confirm, he leant me a shock when mine wasnt servicable for a bit, then he sold me the shock id borrowed at a good price to save me messing about.

taxi25
    Free Member

Despite all that nonsense on here he does have a good reputation for the work he does.

jairaj

I was very pleased when I used Loco a little while ago. Answered all my emails and phone calls about upgrading forks and explained what the difference would be so I could make an informed decision about what I actually wanted.

Wozza
    Free Member

Another recommendation. Fast, Well priced and just straight with you about what needs doing.

I was happy to give him/them my hard earned.

unklehomered
    Free Member

Fairly unique in that will happily offer advice and parts for the aspiring home shock/fork fettler. As such a refreshing and long sighted view from someone in that trade. As such I’ve never used him, but often refer friends to him with enthusiasm.

legend
    Free Member

More good experiences with him here, including going way above and beyond when he wasn’t happy with the quality of goods he was being supplied.

Northwind

He helped me figure out my Lyrik coil conversion, even though he knew I wasn’t getting the bits from him- top bloke.

letmetalktomark

Fairly unique in that will happily offer advice and parts for the aspiring home shock/fork fettler. As such a refreshing and long sighted view from someone in that trade.

This ^^^

I have, to date, carried out my own shock servicing at home but I will be needing a proper strip and rebuild soon. Because of the above Si will be my first choice. Simples.

scruff
    Free Member

He’s tuned & serviced a few of my shocks, sold me cheap spares and given me loads of free advice- bang on, tidy, isnt it.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Used him when the chap who normally services my stuff was stacked out…it was urgent because my shock was leaking oil. He squeezed it in despite not being booked properly, reduced the air volume and got it back in time for the weekend. Top guy.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

He’s tuned & serviced a few of my shocks, sold me cheap spares and given me loads of free advice- bang on, tidy, isnt it.

+1

It’s a business model based on drug dealing.

He suckers you in with some free advice over the phone
    Then there’s some cheep spares
    Then a shock service
    And before you know it you’re discussing custom shock tunes and titanium springs 🙁

scruff
    Free Member

His first job for me was a custom shock tune, I go hard and deep straight away.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Sorted a really dodgy OEM Float RL for me in time for a race – reputation totally justified!

composite
    Free Member

I can confirm a top notch technical service. Both my shock and fork came back like they were new again. The shock in particular was like night and day.

Also helped me get a warranty replacement when my RTC3 controller disintegrated. Result!

They were very happy to chat on the phone about different options and to offer advice. Still waiting on an email though about the Rock Shox SID/Reba 29er options for the 2014 range. 😛

bigyinn
    Free Member

Yep thumbs up from me. Sorted out my squishy Float RP3 nicely!

Jrrr
    Free Member

Top service, quick turn around and fair priced. What’s more to say? I’ve used loco once and will definatly going back.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Always answered emails. Had weird issues with my talas forks. Sent them to him. He said the damper was a know fault on them. He said he would take them to Mojo for a warranty replacement and charged for the service only, when he could have just said it was knackered and charged me for new bits. So a genuine helpful chap, who will get my forks when they do go wrong from now on.

wl
    Free Member

Cool, cheers – I’ll be sending in my forks next time I need work doing. Pricing seems great.

mooman
    Free Member

… but how many of these good reviews are LoCo using his other accounts again? 🙄

fathomer

… but how many of these good reviews are LoCo using his other accounts again?

That’s an awful lot of premier subs he’s paying for then!

Cougar

Which other accounts would they be? Cos I can’t immediately see any.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Give over moonan, Si’s known by a lot and he’s the real deal… Pretty cheap shot!

smell_it
    Free Member

Given loco’s intervention on moonan’s thread, i guess this was no lower than that, and certainly less under hand (depending on your acceptance of loco’s explanation). But i don’t think anyone has ever had anything bad to say about loco’s work, i’d certainly use him to service my fork.

takisawa2

LoCo…top chap. Top chap indeed.

Up there with:
    Charlie the Bikemonger.
    Tim (I think) at Fork English.
    Anodisersteve.
    Me.
    🙂

bigjim

I recommend Loco too – had my rear shock done there, and bought some forks through him, I don’t think he’d mind me saying there was a problem with the forks due to unavailability of new spare parts, but he actually offered me the forks off his own bike to tide me over until Fisher had the parts in, which is a pretty exceptional offer, I still had my own so didn’t take him up, but that shows some commitment to customer satisfaction.

ononeorange

Really want to use him, he seems a really decent chap , helpful etc but the long waiting list he had (last year) made it not possible ( needed a quick fix). The next predictable service I will try him.

kayak23

Where is he based? Down in Acapulco?

retro83
    Free Member

smell_it – Member
    Given loco’s intervention on moonan’s thread, i guess this was no lower than that, and certainly less under hand (depending on your acceptance of loco’s explanation). But i don’t think anyone has ever had anything bad to say about loco’s work, i’d certainly use him to service my fork.

What’s all this about? What was the intervention?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

He posted twice on the same thread, once under his work ID and once under an old pre LOCO one he’d apparently left logged on his PC or something like that.

The OP took umbrage to this as it looked like N+1 were saying what he didn’t want to hear where N was already quite a lot of people.

smell_it
    Free Member

prolly best to make your own mind up, if you can be arsed.

My take wouldn’t be that of tinas, but as i have noted, i would happily send my forks to loco.

scratch
    Free Member

Local business, sponsors local riders, top bloke.

doug_basqueMTB.com

Fantastic. Quick, well priced and a top quality service. He will be getting my business again.

honourablegeorge

Seems an awfully nice fella on here, plenty of free, useful advice, and the “intervention” as it’s been called is fuss about nothing.

kiwifiz
    Free Member

Forks are on their way back after a painfree and easy booking/payment process. Had to book a few weeks ahead but suited fine with a bit of planning and having sent forks Monday morning, they will be back in time for this weekends riding. Great friendly service with good communication throughout.

As an aside, I see Loco are listed in the premier dealers of issue 82, but are missing when checking the ST website list for deal/discount details……forgot to ask for any ST premier discount but looks like there isn’t one anyway? Update needed for mag or website? Have I missed something?

PJM1974
    Free Member

I’ve used Loco and would recommend him. He serviced the shock on my old Enduro, was very straight with me about shock body wear without attempting to sell me new kit. He’s also very helpful with general tuning tips and knows his stuff.

A lot of folk on here owe him a pint.

thomthumb
    Free Member

massively helpful when i needed spares.

Stevelol
    Free Member

Where is he based? Down in Acapulco?

Love the humor on this forum sometimes 😀

downthemiddle
    Free Member

Yep, He’s done two recent service jobs for me, first class work, sensible prices.
    Loco’s my default service centre from now on

marsdenman
    Free Member

Happy to confirm I’m not an ‘alter ego’ for Loco. 😉
    Happy to advise I would gladly use him again – last year I bought a pair of those silly price RS Rev’s from O-O.
    Being mechanically inept and mindful of a few comments i’d read (i know… ) re: problems with a few pairs, I sent them off for a ‘quick once over’ and to have travel adjusted.
    Very happy with service level and price.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about Loco tuning…’ is closed to new replies.