Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Tell me about front mech E type
  • pendlechris
    Free Member

I have had bike at shop for problem with gears, anyway cut a long story short, there is alot of movement on front mech, advising I get a new one they tell me its e type, will I have to replace with e type, they also said to upgrade to XT, so what I want to know is would this do e bay item
    and also are they pretty easy to fit?

granny_ring

What bike is it?
    My Scott genius uses an E type front mech, due the frame design you cant clamp a conventional mech on the seat tube.
    You have to remove chainset and bottom bracket first.

pendlechris
    Free Member

Yes mines on a Scott, so will probably be the same

coatesy
    Free Member

How old is the bike, we did an old one a while back and the latest E type mech cage sits a bit higher than the original and fouls the swingarm.

pendlechris
    Free Member

Its roughly 2006

coatesy
    Free Member

Nowhere near as old as the one we did. Newer frames have more clearance apparently.

samuri
    Free Member

I’ve had nowt but problems with e-types. The mounting bracket bends quite easily. Get a standard type if you can.

trail_rat
    Free Member

e-type on an e-type frame is a godsend …but retro fitting them is shit … i had an xtr etype on my heckler for a while … first up it flexed chronically so the gears never worked …and i couldnt adjust it to suit my 29:42 set up ! only really likes 22:32:44

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about front mech E type’ is closed to new replies.