Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Techy'ish question – Pikes and Pro II
  • Kamikirk
    Free Member

I am in the process of fitting Coil pikes to my bike and already have Pro II's with QR's.

I have the Pro II 20mm adapters from when i bought my wheels but seem to have lost the 'C' clips that hold them in. So anyone know what size the C clips are and can recomend a supplier for just 2 of them (Online or Local to South Devon).

Second question is on pike coils – i have followed Hora's thread about his X-Firm spring and also searched the forum archive and there is plenty of knowlege on Rockshox being very conservative about rider weight. Yet despite all my efforts I cannot find a table or chart detailing rider weight to spring rating other than the official RS figures.

So what rider weight ranges would you typically expect for each spring? I understand it depends on use and riding style but for XC-Trail centre riding with nothing too hardcore.

jfeb
    Free Member

Re the C clips – ask Hope. They sent me some for free a year or so ago. Nice chaps 🙂

Can't help you with the coil questions I'm afraid.

IanMmmm
    Free Member

Just mail service at Hope and ask, yep! Probably some helpful chap called Nick will reply to you and mail you out some 'C' clips.

I

retro83
    Free Member

buy the springs from tf tuned, they will advise on weight.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

So what rider weight ranges would you typically expect for each spring

[Personal view]

Try the standard spring if you're between about 11-14 stone, say, and if it's too soft go up to a firm. I'm around 15.5 stone and a firm is bang on for me. It really is a bit 'suck it and see' I'm afraid, but I wouldn't go straight to an X-firm unless I was 17 stone plus, TBH

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

At 13 stone the standard spring is a bit too hard for me.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Techy'ish question – Pikes and Pro II’ is closed to new replies.